found a great CG styler!

its istyle by samy im twisted curl spray gel.

NO cones or sulphates. it works wonderfully! i like it because its a spray...NO CRUNCH.

this is how i use it:
i spray some (majority of what i use product-wise) on my hair before i towel-dry my hair (yes, i use a regular towel) then loosely towel-dry my hair.
Once im ready, i spray a little more in as i diffuse. only like 10 second per section, because my hair air dries quickly. the best thing is no crunch!

if anyone is looking for something new or different, i suggest this, partly because i havent seen this mentioned on the site yet!

also, it holds very well.

2nd day hair is great too! just add water and a little more spray!

you can just get it at a drugstore - i got mine at walgreens<3
3a since going CG!
CG on 10/12/08. free of cones, sulfates, and shampoo! added shampoo bars 1/80/09.
Dislikes: molasses and CK so unfortunately...

Last edited by xxmisschrisxx; 10-03-2008 at 01:59 PM. Reason: i needed to fix something!!
thanks for the review! i may just have to pick this up! :]

SAMY iStyle I'm Twisted Curl Spray Gel

Description

• Shapes & shines.
  • Stops the frizzies.
  • Recharge your curls with this shine enhancing, lightweight anti-frizz curl activating spray gel!
  • This amazing styling tool conditions, revives, and shapes frizzy lifeless curls.
  • Specially designed with curl memory to create the perfect spiral ringlets or soft loose waves that last and last.
  • Adds vibrant shine and bounce to any style and is perfect for wavy, naturally curly or permed hair.
  • Will not flake and contains no wax, residue or sticky build-up to weight hair down.
  • Made in USA.

Ingredients:

Water - Aqua , Acrylates/Hydroxyesters Acrylates Copolymer , PVP , Acrylates/Beheneth-25 Methacrylate Copolymer , Glycerin , PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil , Aminomethyl Propanol , Fragrance - Parfum , Disodium EDTA , DMDM Hydantoin , Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate , Benzyl Benzoate , Benzyl Salicylate , Butylphenyl Methylpropional , Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde , Limonene , Linalool
CG since October 20th, 2009
co.wash: suave coconut, vo5 vanilla mint tea, vo5 strawberries n' creme,
low-poo: Giovanni 50/50, deva no-poo
condish: suave coconut
leave-in: suave coconut, giovanni leave in
stylers: HE tousle me softly mousse & gel

curls n creme: my transition to cg, experiments, and product reviews
my fotki: pinacurlada

its istyle by samy im twisted curl spray gel.

this is how i use it:

also, it holds very well.

2nd day hair is great too! just add water and a little more spray!

you can just get it at a drugstore - i got mine at walgreens<3
Originally Posted by xxmisschrisxx
oh sure, fuel all the PJ's with your rave reviews!!! Aren't you ashamed of yourself????
Discovered CG 2007

Link-Spritz & Condish Washing

I'm aCurlJunkieJunky

My hair LOVES Coconut DESPISES Soap Bars

Originally Posted by DEL2C
well, im no PJ, although its slowly growing on me....

but sorry! this is a great product though
Dislikes: molasses and CK so unfortunately...
I had to go buy this yesterday because of your review. I've been looking for a gel without crunch and for only 6 bucks and your rave review it's worth a try. I'll update later after I use it on my hair.
I was hoping this gel was going to live up to your promise misschris, but after so many disappointments with various styling products I didn't have high expecations. But this stuff delivers. OMG I have great curl defination and very little frizz. If this stuff works the next couple of times I will declare it a HG! Thanks for the recommendation!
yay im glad im glad it worked for you!
Dislikes: molasses and CK so unfortunately...
this sounds interesting--does it givevolume too? do you spray it at your roots also?
Funny, I just read last nite about his new line of products for curls and was wondering as to their CG level...

More feedback folks..... Who's using this and how? what are your results?
Curls,Coils,Waves & WhatKnot
3miii/My HGs tame bulk&frizz/Give definition w/o crunch
My Photobucket Album
Originally Posted by dreamcurls
i havent, but will definately do tomorrow with my hair, and post pics later tomorrow!
Dislikes: molasses and CK so unfortunately...
Ya'll are killing me. I went and bought this on my lunch break so I can try it tomorrow. I am always looking for something better and the thought of more shine and no frizz was too much temptation. I really got to stop reading these posts.
Hair Type: mix of 3's, growing out an angled bob, color-treated red.
Current products: GVP conditioning balm for co-wash and leave in, Curl Junkie Curls in a Bottle, Pattern Pusha and Garnier Anti-humidity hairspray
Hair idol: Kimberly Schlapman from Little Big Town
I saw this recently at the drugstore but talked myself out of it because I have't liked the couple of other Samy products I've tried. Now, I suppose I must get it after all. Going to try to wait until a few more have posted the results/methods, though.
2C/3A/3B - modified CG - med./fine, normal/low porosity/normal elasticity

Current Main Rotation: MG217 medicated or Aim2Health 'poos for scalp, YTCarrots or Elucence cond., Spiral Solutions Protein & Deeply Decadent Cond., CJCCCC reg or lite, KCCC, Giovanni LA Hold Hair Spritz + lots more, sporadically

HG Method: Super Soaker + Smasters-ing, brief upside down diffusing w/360o diffuser then clips/clamps & air dry. Newly gray - stopped my henna glosses!

www.fotki.com/auntnett
hey guys - i tried spraying at the roots - didnt quite know how, but it didnt do much. i may have done it wrong though!
Dislikes: molasses and CK so unfortunately...
I have very fine hair, but lots of it. Loved the results. Here's what I did:

AOHR massage at roots and rinse
AOHR all over
Dry with curlese towel (scrunch up to roots when bent over).

Spritz the gel - 2 squirts ea. side, 2 in back, 1 in front/top. Run fingers though to distribute (note: I tried to evenly blend it in all over, roots to ends).

Spend a little time placing it where I like it, twisting my misfit pieces into place.

Diffuse.

At this point, I was worried that it would be a little crunchy. But, when completely dry, it loosened up with just a gentle squeeze.

I did have to do a little hairspray at the roots in the back of the crown for a little lift (I use mop-c hairspray and very, very little of it).

Hope that helps!
It didn't work for me. I tried it today and it was a disaster. I am frizzy and my curls are stringy looking. Couldn't get them to clump like I usually do. It's not a good look. No shine whatsoever and not overly fond of the smell. Ah well, another one for the product graveyard.
Originally Posted by Rednaturalcurls
AWW im sorry it didnt work out.

did you diffuse? it seems like those who it worked for did...
Dislikes: molasses and CK so unfortunately...
I did diffuse. I diffuse pretty much everyday because I need to give the back a little bit of shape. I put in my usual leave in, then sprayed in the Samy, semi parted with my fingers and diffused. And from there it went wrong. It started to frizz. I didn't think it would be that bad because I always have a couple spots that frizz a little. I kept on diffusing. Then I noticed my bangs were shrinking up way more than usual. I was pretty much finished diffusing at that point so I stopped. I tried to pull the bangs down a little but that didn't work. I thought maybe it would settle down some by the time I got to work (about 45 minutes later). It didn't. Later when it was 99% dry, I scrunched some to try to get rid of the crunchiness and that helped a little but by this point it is a big frizz ball and the curls are stringy looking. I am ready to re wash and start over with something else.

Ah well, wouldn't be the first time this happened to me.
Hair idol: Kimberly Schlapman from Little Big Town
I love this gel too! I bought it on a whim this weekend after going from store to store trying to find GF curl shaping spray which i can't seem to find anywhere in Toronto anymore. I don't spray it though. I just open the top and dump some in my palms and use it as a regular gel. I'm really liking it. It does dry crunchy for me (almost everything does with my hair) but i scrunch it out really easily and there's no frizz. I tried it over KY and although it took a extra hour to dry, my hair looked awesome. No frizz and very defined.
My guess is that this is a product that works well for 2a's but not 3's.
I saw this at Walgreens yesterday and picked some up, recalling this thread. I used it today - INCREDIBLE!! Seriously, I have not had this good of a hair day in a loooooooooong time. My husband complimented it before I left for work, and then I got compliments from a few different co-workers. I had tons of shrinkage using this gel, however, I will GLADLY trade length for bouncier, boingier curls!!!!!!