-   -   favorite finishing products??? (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/readers-product-reviews/58572-favorite-finishing-products.html)

TaraVictoria 10-09-2008 09:47 AM

favorite finishing products???

anyone have a favorite finishing product? a pomade? gel? butter? cream? something that doesn't get crunchy or make more frizz!

CurlyHairedFarmer 10-09-2008 11:40 AM

Africas Best Herbal Oil to scrunch the crunch.

amy51373 10-09-2008 08:34 PM

I like the KBB hair butter or cream to scrunch the crunch with. Jane Carter Nourish & Shine is also a good one but I'll use it more in the winter than summer. For a pomade type product with a bit of hold I use LOOB, Garnier Fructis Brilliantine Shine Wax or Deva Set me Up. The GF Wax is a bit harder hold than the other two so it really just depends on how much hold I need at the time.

FeedYourHead 10-10-2008 12:49 AM

I'm really liking the combination of FOTE as a styling gel with a few drops of Carol's Daughter Tui Hair Oil to scrunch out the crunch....

kathymack 10-10-2008 04:48 AM

ja428 10-10-2008 09:30 AM

KBB cream/butter/oil--depending on the mood.

How much oil or cream do you use? I have tried both and feel like they either do nothing or make my hair look greasy. Thanks

kathymack 10-10-2008 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by ja428 (Post 748122)

KBB cream/butter/oil--depending on the mood.

VERY LITTLE!!!! Just put a drop on my hands, rub them together and go from there.

ja428 10-10-2008 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by kathymack (Post 748252)

Originally Posted by ja428 (Post 748122)

KBB cream/butter/oil--depending on the mood.

Thanks, I will try again.

TaraVictoria 10-10-2008 06:23 PM

thanks! I just ordered the KBB the other day! can't wait to give it a whirl!!!

AprilnUtah 11-07-2008 09:15 AM

Finishing product....

Any more suggestions out there on finishing products? I'm looking for something to tame fly-aways and redefine my curls mid day if they get fluffy. I like KBB butter on my ends, but would like a lighter alternative that I could use more of to get the whole head back in shape without weighing it down.

scarriecarrie 11-07-2008 02:05 PM

Maybe Innersense whiped texturizer? Anyone have good luck with this?

I have taken 1 pump of KBB hair milk and emulsified and smoothed over my whole head of hair. I have also used a pea sized amount of the Donna Marie L & T. Both have given me defined, springy curls

xcptnl 11-07-2008 02:14 PM

scarriecarrie 11-07-2008 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by xcptnl (Post 782728)

I have done this as well but with a smaller amount. What is smaller than a pea?

You know, now that you have brought this to my attention, maybe I should call my pea size more like marble size. Pea size is pretty tiny. Maybe you use like a hamster pellet size. Aren't they kind of small?

xcptnl 11-07-2008 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by scarriecarrie (Post 782736)

Originally Posted by xcptnl (Post 782728)

I have done this as well but with a smaller amount. What is smaller than a pea?

That might work - I always have issues describing the amount I use if it's under a pea size. Maybe a grain of rice?

scarriecarrie 11-07-2008 03:47 PM

Grain of Rice

Now that is TINY!!!

AprilnUtah 11-07-2008 04:28 PM

LOL, I'm gonna try using KBB milk - somewhere between a grain of rice and a hamster pellet. :snorting:

Zinnia 11-07-2008 06:27 PM

What about Kinky Curly Glass Pomade? Has anyone tried it? I am thinking ordering it with a future KCCC order.