favorite finishing products???

anyone have a favorite finishing product? a pomade? gel? butter? cream? something that doesn't get crunchy or make more frizz!
Tara - have a curly day!!!

LA Looks Curl Gel, Sauve Naturals conditioners Waterlily, CK, Deva Archangel , LOOB (has its days)...
Deva One - LOVE it!!!!!!!

Botticelli's Flax Seed Hair Gel (a DIY!!!) THANKS Botticelli!!!!!!
Curl Junkie Coffee Coco Creme (LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!)
Shea Moisture Smoothie - GREAT stuff!

for the love of the lens...

www.animafoto.wordpress.com
Africas Best Herbal Oil to scrunch the crunch.
3a with some 2c thrown in
pw: cow

Currently Loving:
Shampoo: CJ Gentle Cleansing Shampoo, Giovanni 50:50

Conditioners - CJ Strengthening, CJ Beauticurls Argan and Olive Oil, CJ Smoothing, CJ Rehab, CJ Curl Fix

Leave-in: CJ Beauticurls Leave-in

Deep Conditioner: CJ Hibiscus and Banana Deep Fix

Stylers -CJ Curl Queen, CJ CCCC Lite, CJ CIAB, CJ Pattern Pusha, Paul Mitchell Sculpting Foam, Mop-C Curl Defining Cream, BRHG, KCCC
I like the KBB hair butter or cream to scrunch the crunch with. Jane Carter Nourish & Shine is also a good one but I'll use it more in the winter than summer. For a pomade type product with a bit of hold I use LOOB, Garnier Fructis Brilliantine Shine Wax or Deva Set me Up. The GF Wax is a bit harder hold than the other two so it really just depends on how much hold I need at the time.
mostly 3a/i/F
Modified CG since Feb 2008
Rotating a lot!
Blog: http://amy51373.blogspot.com/
I'm really liking the combination of FOTE as a styling gel with a few drops of Carol's Daughter Tui Hair Oil to scrunch out the crunch....
Name: FeedYourHead's Hair

Description: 3B/Corkicelli/Fiii/BSL/light ash brown (colored)/CG since 2008

Likes: V05 Freesia as a co-wash, AOHR, Jessicurl RR & CCSS, banana hair masks, honey
Dislikes: Hairbrushes () and harsh detergents ()
KBB cream/butter/oil--depending on the mood.

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Marie Dean Leave Ins and Curl Creams
Originally Posted by kathymack
How much oil or cream do you use? I have tried both and feel like they either do nothing or make my hair look greasy. Thanks
Originally Posted by ja428
VERY LITTLE!!!! Just put a drop on my hands, rub them together and go from there.

Originally Posted by ja428
Originally Posted by kathymack
Thanks, I will try again.
thanks! I just ordered the KBB the other day! can't wait to give it a whirl!!!
Tara - have a curly day!!!

Deva One - LOVE it!!!!!!!

Botticelli's Flax Seed Hair Gel (a DIY!!!) THANKS Botticelli!!!!!!
Curl Junkie Coffee Coco Creme (LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!)
Shea Moisture Smoothie - GREAT stuff!

for the love of the lens...

www.animafoto.wordpress.com
Any more suggestions out there on finishing products? I'm looking for something to tame fly-aways and redefine my curls mid day if they get fluffy. I like KBB butter on my ends, but would like a lighter alternative that I could use more of to get the whole head back in shape without weighing it down.
April
3a/b, med texture, med porosity, low dews

Last edited by AprilnUtah; 11-07-2008 at 11:04 AM.
Originally Posted by AprilnUtah
I have taken 1 pump of KBB hair milk and emulsified and smoothed over my whole head of hair. I have also used a pea sized amount of the Donna Marie L & T. Both have given me defined, springy curls

Originally Posted by xcptnl
You know, now that you have brought this to my attention, maybe I should call my pea size more like marble size. Pea size is pretty tiny. Maybe you use like a hamster pellet size. Aren't they kind of small?

Originally Posted by xcptnl
Originally Posted by scarriecarrie
That might work - I always have issues describing the amount I use if it's under a pea size. Maybe a grain of rice?

Now that is TINY!!!
MHC Scalp Cleanser, Donna Marie Miracurl Gelly, Robert Craig Conditioner
LOL, I'm gonna try using KBB milk - somewhere between a grain of rice and a hamster pellet.
April
3a/b, med texture, med porosity, low dews

What about Kinky Curly Glass Pomade? Has anyone tried it? I am thinking ordering it with a future KCCC order.
Life shrinks or expands according to one's courage. Anais Nin

Last edited by Windflower; 11-07-2008 at 06:06 PM.