Shea Terra Organics Certified Organic Shea Butter

Anyone use this? How are you using it on your hair? It's so thick, and although it easily melts in my hands, I find it difficult to distribute. I'm also hearing that there is a difference between refined and unrefined? Is one better for your hair than the other? Is one more easily distributed, or do they both have the same consistency?

TIA!
Wurly, fine, thin, moderately to heavily porous. Mod CG.

I use the really raw West African, and for my wet hair I use a pea size mixed with a few drops of oil to soften. It's as good as Jane Carter Nourish & Shine. On dry hair I mix a smidge with Devacurl Set it Free.

ETA - they're having another 33% off everything sale
Code is OCT33 through 11/1 and $60 or over orders get free shipping.

www.sheaterraorganics.com
My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/

Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.

Last edited by Suburbanbushbabe; 10-13-2008 at 09:00 PM.
Suburbanbushbabe, Have you tried the oils from terra shea. I am interrested in the baobab oil, marula oil, melon oil, tamanu oil but I don't know since I don't have any feedbacks.
I am mainly eyeing them for my hair, not really for my face. But any tips about how to use them face or hair is welcomed.

anyone who has used any of the oils please review
Thanks
I just saw this, sorry for the horribly late reply. I just bought the baobab oil at 1/2 price and I can tell you I will buy it at full price. It's amazingly silky and I use it on face and hair. It outstrips all the other oils I have used including tamanu and sapote oil (I haven't tried Japanese camellia yet). The baobab softens and detangles. I can't say enough good about it.

For my body I use Shea Terra's shea oil with melon in the shower, although I'm tempted to slather that high-priced baobob all over me, I love it that much.

For my face I use a 4:1 ratio of baobab/castor oil in the shower, rub it in and let it sit while I wash, rinse my face under the shower, patting with a wash cloth to remove excess oil. Working very well.

It's interesting that baobab, tamanu and sapote solidify at a relatively high temperature (like coconut oil).
My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/

Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.

Originally Posted by Suburbanbushbabe

Yes, I know the baobab is such a good oil. It's so silky. I am planning on trying camellia kissi to compare.
Thanks for the review anyway.