RUN!!! Dollar Tree now has Silkience!

Please excuse my drama but while browsing through Dollar Tree today I noticed they had Silkience shampoos and conditioners! Do you remember those commercials with the women who played in their seemingly soft, silky hair? I do (I am NOT old!) Here's the ingredients list for the conditioner:

Water, cetyl trimethyl, ammonium chloride, stearalkonium chloride, cetyl alcohol, stearyl alcohol, ceteareth-20, DL-panthenol, aloe vera extract, fragrance, hydrolysed soy protein, methylchloroiso-thiazolinon, methlisothiazolinone, citric acid.

I'm hoping this will be one of my miracle products. I still haven't found a conditioner that transforms my tightly curled 4B locks into a pile of butter. I just hennaed last night but when I get home I'm going to do a cowash with this while keeping my fingers crossed. They brought it back for a reason, right?

Just thought I'd let you know in case any of you once used this product. If it works for me, I'm going to buy the store out before it disappears and shows up in CVS for $5.99!

LE SIGH

I guess this is one for the relaxed and straight locks women! My neighbor (naturally straight) loved it and I just gave her the bottles I bought (you know you have to get while the going is good at DT or it'll be all gone!) She's happy which means I'll get some fresh baked cookies this weekend.

Anyway, my results. What does it mean when you have strands of hair just standing up straight as I don't know what?! I think this happened to me one time before but I forget which product did it or what it means.

Well, I liked the smell (slightly...floral?) and the consistency (though next to AOHR and Nexxus Humectin every thing's water) but it left me with straight strands here and there on my head! My hair did feel very smooth (but I love Mill Creek Biotin for that ) and looser so I guess it does what it's meant to do.

For a dollar it's not bad. It just wasn't for my curly top. However, I did see another bottle labeled for curls that has Jojoba oil. I think I'll give that one a try this weekend. Hey, I need different conditioners for my cowashes and I can't always afford ABBA, AOHR or Humectin (Girl! I have to start paying attention to what's in DT. Do you know they have Hello Hydration poo and condishes...for $1.00). It's getting harder and harder hiding these bottles from the hubby.

So in conclusion, , DT is a great source for finding new products and old products that are making a comeback. Hit or miss, it'll just cost you a buck.

Originally Posted by SisoftheMoon
I don't think I've seen the conditioners you mentioned at the Dollar Tree near me.

But hey, if you like the Humectin, why not try the Suave Professionals knockoff, or look at Sally Beauty Supply to see if they have a knockoff?

I don't know which ABBA you're talking about as I don't use anything by them other than trying to use up their old leave-in; Nourishing.

And I've never tried the Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose because I'd have to order it in at the health/natural food stores near me, or drive approx 35 minutes to a Whole Foods to buy it.
I use ABBA's Moisture Scentsation conditioner among the others but I certainly can't use those for regular cowashes or I'll get from the hub . I'm really a PJ at heart and will find any excuse to buy something for the hair.

Thanks and I did find some Suave Healthy Curls today, at a going away price (Bottom Dollar), so I'll just use it for now. I just remembered the Silkience commercials from when I was a kid and thought I'd give it a try. I wish I had a Whole Food near me but I do have Vitamin Shoppe and the Heritage Store so I guess that's close enough.

Oh well. If at first you don't succeed...

HHD
Last disastrous relaxer 5/2008.
TWA...for now...
Products I love:
Mill Creek Botanicals products
AOHR
Henna
ABBA products
Oils (various)
Goal: to regrow what I lost and have healthy, thick, and wondrous natural curls!

Still searching for my miracle moisturizer.