Denman Brushes

what kind do you use, whats your hair type & how well do they work for you? please & thank you ^_^
*3B/C
*Fia's Hair type: 3A-B /F/iii
*About Shoulder/Chin length
*Natural since 6-26-08
I have the 7 row one. I'm in the minority. It doesn't work for me. Pulls out my curls. If I get them, they don't last. I had to hide it, so I stopped trying it, LOL!!

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Marie Dean Leave Ins and Curl Creams
I have the same one, it's the D3. I don't use it to brush through product though. I use it to brush out tangles before washing, but I have wavy hair.

Cosmetology Educator with sensitivities, eczema and Seborrheic Dermatitis.
Ingredients Maven
Products: Free and Clear sulfate free poo and condish, Theraneem Sulfate Free Shampoo/Condish, Unscented SSCEJ, Coconut oil, Camellia oil, Argan oil
Lady Karaan, High Priestess of Hayr Tretements in the Order of Curly Crusaders
Fotki updated 10/12/10 Password: wavy
I've been loving the Denman D3 brush for over 5 years now for detangling, distributing conditioners and distributing stylers as well. I also have the Denman BeBop, which is the shampoo/scalp brush, and it works just as well, and feels good on your scalp. I have 3a/b something hair, sometimes with a bit of 2 without product...thin, but lots of it
I have 2 (both D3s). They are identical except in quality - one is like 20 years old and one is new....
They just dont make things like they used to.... The new one is kinda cheapie and plastic-y. I bough i as back up.
My Photobucket Album
I love the Denman BeBop (D6) brush, I use it all the time. I have lots of coarse 3B and 3C curls.

It detangles so well, distributes product perfectly and I also love to use it as a scalp brush when I co-wash. This brush gives me the best clumps and reduces frizz. The only downside for me is that I'm really struggling with getting lift on my canopy. Brushing upside down doesn't work for me.

I have a D3 as well, which works well, just not as good as my D6. The D3 gives me less clumps and doesn't detangle as well.
3B/3C
medium/coarse and porous

wash: KC Come Clean, Flower Peddler Northern Lights soap bar
conditioner: YTT, YTC, KCKT, Shescentit GT&H, Shescentit Avocado, DB Pumpkin Seed, Garnier Ultra Doux, Mop Top daily conditioner
styler: KCCC, HEBE, homemade fsg, DM MCCG, AOMM
dt: banana and avocado mask, nexxus emergencee, Shescentit TT&GH, ayurvedic powders, SS RPT
butters: Jane Carter N&S, Afroveda Curly Custard, Afroveda Cocolatte, Shescentit Gillian, Shescentit Seyani
In Homage to Kathymack, I will NOT start a new thread, but rather steer this thread in a new direction:

I have been forced to retire my beloved Denman until Spring. Apparently, it was the Denman in conjunction with the CK that was giving me clumps - and my CK was NOT working in the drier weather.

Anyone else experience this Denman rversal?
My Photobucket Album
Yup, I'm off the brush for sure til Spring (and humidity) return. It was pulling out my clumps and making me bushy. I have even stopped plopping, but thats a whole 'nother thread......
My Photobucket Album
I can't get the Denman to do any of those wonderful things, except detangle, but any shower comb can.
3b/c, CG 9/18/08
Last process: 04/05/08 Big Chop: 08/08/09
Currently: Herbal Essences Hello Hydration, Herbal Essences Set Me Up gel (summer only), Boots Curl Creme (winter only)
I still prefer a wide tooth comb to detangle as the Denman bristles seem too short to get into my hair that early on in the hair-doing cycle.

I do love it for KCCC distribution. I get much better product distribution using this and the curl pop better for me.

I use a D3.
Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
Ok, so these wonderous brushes help some people get more clumping? You do it wet? And, how do you use it to distribute gels and what not? Scrunch them in and then brush? I'm a bit lost here....but need more clumping.
Originally Posted by TexasCurl
I don't use it for more clumping per se since my curl formation is pretty good, but, I do use it to start the curl higher and tighter.

While my head is flipped upside down, I comb in a leave-in. Then I lightly scrunch in some KCCC just to get some on my hair. Then I brush it through, making sure I cover all areas. If my scalp hair seems glued to my head, I loosen it up with my fingers and give a brush or two through again. Then, I scrunch in some more KCCC to reactivate the curls. Then I plop and diffuse.
Kiva! Microfinance works.