Is it just me or did Giovanni change it's formula...

I just bought a new bottle of 50/50 Balanced Conditioner and noticed right away it's consistency and smell are very different than before! It still seems as hydrating so far, but we'll see in the long term. I hate it when people mess with perfection! It was probably a cost cutting measure. Bah!
3a/b, auburn haired, BIG, coarse and frizz prone.

My hair hates:

Aveda Flaxseed and Aloe Gel
Aveda Phomollient
BRHG!
Giovanni 50/50 Balanced Condish
KCCC and KCKT (Found my HG combo!)
DevaCurl Angell
LOOB
L'Oreal Melting Gel

Password: rizos

Originally Posted by laru
I used to use it - found the 2nd bottle was inconsistent with the first, so i dropped it.
Curls,Coils,Waves & WhatKnot
3miii/My HGs tame bulk&frizz/Give definition w/o crunch
My Photobucket Album
They did change formulas, a few monts ago I believe, I recall seeing threads about it on here. I think they switched from oils to fatty acids, or something like that?
Brooklyn, NY

Hair: 3A/B, Underlayer of 2B
HG products:
Winter- Giovanni Tea Tree (co-wash) & 50/50 (condish); Curl Junkie Curl Assurance Leave-In; Curls Milkshake & Quenched Curls; Re:coil; BRHG
Summer: DevaCurl No Poo & OneC; CK; Re:coil; BRHG; Honey!!!

fotki pw= crrrls
Originally Posted by Gemini13
That would explain the consistency change. However, I do prefer the old smell. Ah well.
3a/b, auburn haired, BIG, coarse and frizz prone.

My hair hates:

Aveda Flaxseed and Aloe Gel
Aveda Phomollient
BRHG!
Giovanni 50/50 Balanced Condish
KCCC and KCKT (Found my HG combo!)
DevaCurl Angell
LOOB
L'Oreal Melting Gel

Password: rizos

I noticed a change the last time I got a bottle of the smooth as silk conditioner. I couldn't stand the new fragrance.
Type 2b. Wash: WEN pomegranate or fig. Leave-in conditioner: Alaffia beautiful curls for wavy hair, Spiral Solutions Protein spray. Style: Curls In A Bottle, Ecostyler, or KCCC.
I recently bought the 50/50 poo and conditioner. I suddenly found my (2a) hair to be feeling coated plus seemed more inclined to look frizzy. I definitely am taking it back as it seems different. The poo seems ok. anneh

don't breed or buy while homeless animals die
My last bottle of Giovanni Smooth as Silk shampoo was different---ivory color rather than white, and very lathery compared to the previous bottle. Same scent, no difference in the ingredients list, and my hair felt the same afterward.

Now in my two new bottles, the shampoo is white again and makes less lather. I don't know whether these bottles are just from older stock (before a change in formula) or that one odd bottle was just a fluke.