KBB vs Qhem-which is better for 3b curls?

hmmm.....well thanks you guys for all your help. looks like this is going to be really hard for me lol.....i gotta figure out if i need hold or not.....aaand on the qhem website it says that only two products are for my type of hair and that everything else is for more kinky hair.........buuut idk as ppl like empressi who have my type of hair...well i think hers is a little curlier.....love it.....anyone else have any opinions as to which line is more curl enhancing and just overall better? also i think is should change the title of this post...how do you go about doing that? thanks!!
Originally Posted by egyptiancurls89
I found KBB hair milk by roaming the 4a threads. Don't let curl type stop you from trying things. I think dryness & porosity of hair have more to do with the kind of products your hair needs.

I have tried KBB & MHC, but not Qhem. KBB is more moisturizing, IMO.
Mostly 3A/Some 3B Thick/Dry/Colored/SL
Loving natural products. Some of my favorites are:
MHC Scalp Cleanser, Donna Marie Miracurl Gelly, Robert Craig Conditioner
ooo i see....that makes sense...duh! lol thanks!
i wish i could find people with 3B hair that have tried both ya know?
Song of Solomon 7:5 (NIRV)
I've only used qhem tea whatever gel. I don't need gel anymore, so I don't use it. KBB products are incredible. You're comparing apples and oranges here.
Originally Posted by kathymack
how come you dont need gel anymore?
Originally Posted by kathymack
how come you dont need gel anymore?
Originally Posted by egyptiancurls89
I started using more natural hair products. The KBB the first week of August and soap bars 9/1. The soap bars make my hair curlier with more volume that lasts all day. With the moisture from the KBB and whatever the soap bars do--I get minimal frizz these days. So, no more gel.

oooo lucky you!! lol.......sounds wonderful.......i'm pretty sure im gonna go for kbb.....thanks for telling me about it! anything else wonderful it does that you left out? lol...
I'll pm you.

My hair has 2 different textures but the dominant type is 3b. I've tried both products. The qhem is moisturizing but too heavy for my hair. I wasn't heavy handed with it. Another negative was that it made me breakout. It's a good product but not good for me. After 2 days with this product in my hair my hair had a strange scent like used cooking oil I don't know what other way to describe it. I gave these products away and the individual I gave it to told me that it's their favorite product and they love it.
KBB is great. I revisited a second time and I love it. My hair looks great and it no longer looks like the desert. The milk is great, the cream is good and I only use the butter on my ends. Everything I use is unscented because the scents are just toooo strong for me. KBB does have more hold in my opinion. HTH
thanks for asking this question EgyptianCurls! I have been wondering the same thing. I'll wait for my Qhem sample pack to see if I need to try KBB
Originally Posted by breezybaby

ya no problem! let me know what you think of qhem....whats your hair type? o and thanks a lot to freshwaterpearls for posting as she has tried both!
Song of Solomon 7:5 (NIRV)
egyptiancurls, was it okay that i answered you here instead of the pm? didnt want to be rude, but i thought my answer would help everyone

[/B]
ya of course it was!! thanks for answering.......sooo you think qhem is better for 3b dont ya?
no because im a 3 and couldn't live without either one of them lol

sorry im no help. but i NEED qhemet and kbb!

[/B]
lol no thats fine! i just placed an order for kbb hair milk in egyptian musk so i hope i like it o do you know if the shampoo bars ppl are talking about are just her soaps?

Originally Posted by egyptiancurls89
I think Im a 3B/3C. It feels like my hair texture changes depending how well Im treating it....sometimes it looks like a tight 3A and sometimes it feels like a coarse 3C. Has this ever happened to anyone else?

Originally Posted by breezybaby

ya that's normal.....at least for me
no because im a 3 and couldn't live without either one of them lol

sorry im no help. but i NEED qhemet and kbb!
Originally Posted by empressri
which qhemet do you use?
Amy
long 3b/c curls
im not empressi but according to her reviews, she uses the whole line! lol.....she loves it all its her fave. you can go to google and type in qhemet biologics review and click on video and she gives a really great review on what she like to use and how from that line! hth

Originally Posted by empressri
Thanks for the video link.

So you dont use a gel either? Its hard to imagine not using a styling aid in my hair with the frizz..
Amy
long 3b/c curls
Originally Posted by empressri
Thanks for the video link.

Originally Posted by SnoWhite

I'll say this, I learned a long time ago to tame frizz by doing the following:

Keeping my hair DAMP while applying product! And I don't apply wimpy amounts of product either. When my hair looks a certain way, I know it won't frizz up. BUT I dry my hair in twists. If I dry it loose, I'm sure I'd have a bit of frizz.

I don't like using gel too much though, so I rarely do unless I'm slicking my hair back.