KBB vs Qhem-which is better for 3b curls?

I don't use gel either. Hold isn't an issue with me really. I just use creams, because my hair is fairly dry. Gels dry out my hair and I pretty much hate them.
The only exception is flax seed gel, which I've been playing around with of late. It's more to revive curls and give them some glossiness, though.

You should try it out sometime. I think a lot of 3b's and up can get away without it.
ya were lucky like that
3B~Fine, porus, and really long
HG's~Plopping and Homemade FSG!! Thank you BB
Proud To Be Egyptian!
"Your head is like a crown on you.
It is as beautiful as Mount Carmel.
Your hair is as smooth as purple silk.
I am captured by your flowing curls."
Song of Solomon 7:5 (NIRV)

Originally Posted by Sairis
Does that make me a 3b, LOL!

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic (now Hello Curly Curl Stimulater); Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix and CCCC
lol i was gonna mention you kathymac and how you dont need/use gel!
3B~Fine, porus, and really long
HG's~Plopping and Homemade FSG!! Thank you BB
Proud To Be Egyptian!
"Your head is like a crown on you.
It is as beautiful as Mount Carmel.
Your hair is as smooth as purple silk.
I am captured by your flowing curls."
Song of Solomon 7:5 (NIRV)
You did mention in a post how you might change your type to 3b with some of the results you're getting!
I did, but I think it's interesting that you feel that it's a function of the tighter curls. Last winter, I didn't use gel all of the time--and my curls were no where near what they are now. I would be pleased to be accepted into your group, LOL!

From reading these boards, it seems most 3a's don't feel they can get away without gel though. You're more of an exception, you'd have to admit.
Heh, nobody is excluded. No-gel users unite!

Last edited by Saria; 10-27-2008 at 08:13 PM.
yes kathymack, be a 3b with us!
Lady Hasytal in the Land of Product in the Order of the Curly Crusaders