KBB vs Qhem-which is better for 3b curls?

sooo I was wondering what you guys....specifically 3b type curlies (but of course all are more than welcome to answer!) this is the best line out of these three? im trying to choose one and stick with it! lol.....
Song of Solomon 7:5 (NIRV)

Last edited by egyptiancurls89; 10-25-2008 at 04:15 PM.
ah crap i forgot i wanted to add qhemet biologics into the mix......
Song of Solomon 7:5 (NIRV)
kbb hair milk and butter=great!! dont even need gel with this

sheam and ic fantasia gel=nice, not as great as the above combo

mhc type 3 hair creme with fantasia ic gel=GREAT! lol use the type 3 sparingly or you will have to shampoo a few times to wash it out. uber moisturizing though!

qhemet=love love love it, my fav!
Lady Hasytal in the Land of Product in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

[/B]
Ive only used KBB and MHC but my fav is KBB. That is my fav line.
4a hair. MOD CG routine.

Present Loves
-Back on the (rajasthani) henna train! My hair is so much better now.
-KBB hair butter mixed with Hairveda Cocasta oil
-Spiral Solutions Deeply Decadent
I've used a lot of KBB--it's the best any and all of it. You can't go wrong. I've used some MHC, it all lives at another house now--I didn't find it anything special. I've only had the qhemets gel and if I still used gel, I'd say it's a keeper. I'm allergic to SheaM, luckily I found it too greasy.

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Marie Dean Leave Ins and Curl Creams
so the hair milk and butter from kbb you dont need anything else with....i assume it gives good hold then right? o and qhem looks real good but do you think its for me if i want hold and moisture? coz im thinking its just moisture and no hold....which i need kind of a lot of hold. thanks so much guys!!
Song of Solomon 7:5 (NIRV)
I'm with kathymack. KBB milk as a rinse out, followed by KBB nectar as a leave-in, plus BRHG or my super-hold FSG combo (which reminds me, I need to post on that), with a little KBB butter to scrunch the crunch is the best.

I've liked Qhmet OK, but not nearly so much as KBB; same w/SheaM.

ETA: I'm 2B/C, and feel that I need more hold, so I always add some type of gel on force of habit. I'll have to try it without. The closest I've come to foregoing a heavy hold gel was today. In addition to the KBB products, I used KCCC (curl enhancer w/minimal, if any, hold)- and I think it's love.
Photobucket acct: http://s432.photobucket.com/albums/qq48/KindaWavy/
pw=hairhairhair

Shampoo bars w/Organic ACV rinses
KBB milk wash out, Super Silky leave-in
Donna Marie CCB, KCCC, FSG, and Cocoa Hemp Buttercream to scrunch the crunch.

2C/3A, slightly past BSL.

Last edited by KindaWavy; 10-24-2008 at 03:05 PM. Reason: clarification
For me, the KBB products don't provide hold. They help encourage curls and provide lots of moisture. But, then again, I only have wavy hair that has to be coaxed to even start to curl. I guess it depends if you need hold or not.
Mod CG since 9/08
Conditioner: Kenra Moisturizing, Generic Biolage Balm
Deep Treatment: Jessicurl WDT or GVP mixed with olive oil
Styling faves: Giovanni DLI, KBB products, Boots, MOP Curl Cream, KCCC, HEBE
Current Color: Salon highlights

oo ya i need some hold......but they do enhance curls?
Song of Solomon 7:5 (NIRV)
The reason they enhance curl is that they are so moisturizing and you hair is in such great shape. The KBB products and soap/shampoo bars have done wonders for my hair.

soo i think my question should have been...which has more hold qhem or kbb? lol
Originally Posted by kathymack
Maybe thats why they dont work for me?? They pull my curl out - could it be my hair doesnt need excess moisture (ie is FINALLY healthy again??????)
Curls,Coils,Waves & WhatKnot
3miii/My HGs tame bulk&frizz/Give definition w/o crunch
My Photobucket Album
soo i think my question should have been...which has more hold qhem or kbb? lol
Originally Posted by egyptiancurls89
Since KBB doesn't have any hold, it would have to be Qhem.

oo really? my friends have been telling me kbb has more hold than qhem....not a lot just more. thanks! sooooo if im looking for hold skip kbb and do qhem? does qhem enhance curls? coz maybe its just the enhancement i feel i need lol
Song of Solomon 7:5 (NIRV)
I've only used qhem tea whatever gel. I don't need gel anymore, so I don't use it. KBB products are incredible. You're comparing apples and oranges here.

lol sooo what your saying is kbb is better
Song of Solomon 7:5 (NIRV)
eh, kbb can have hold, depending on the texture of your hair. i used to use fantasia gel with my kbb until i was experimenting one day and found that it did hold my hair without the gel!

qhem has great hold for me, plus my hair is soft afterwards. her burdock root butter cream is actually cur enhancing, and works wonderfully on it's on in terms of hold and moisture. i have a picture on her website of the burdock root in my hair.
Lady Hasytal in the Land of Product in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

[/B]
My understanding is that the qhem products are real quality products. You put your order in and it's made when it's "your time." It can take a long while to get them, so I've never really gotten them.

Originally Posted by kathymack
Originally Posted by rudeechick
I agree with kathymack. The more moisturized my hair is, the better it curls. I haven't used gel since I found KBB hair milk. My hair curls easily with it and I get 2nd & 3rd day hair with even more curls. I don't need products with hold anymore like I used to.
Mostly 3A/Some 3B Thick/Dry/Colored/SL
Loving natural products. Some of my favorites are:
MHC Scalp Cleanser, Donna Marie Miracurl Gelly, Robert Craig Conditioner
hmmm.....well thanks you guys for all your help. looks like this is going to be really hard for me lol.....i gotta figure out if i need hold or not.....aaand on the qhem website it says that only two products are for my type of hair and that everything else is for more kinky hair.........buuut idk as ppl like empressi who have my type of hair...well i think hers is a little curlier.....love it.....anyone else have any opinions as to which line is more curl enhancing and just overall better? also i think is should change the title of this post...how do you go about doing that? thanks!!