Do we still like SheaM?

I fell a little behind on the current beloved products here at the nc.com boards! I'm thinking about adding a leave-in as the cold weather approaches, and the first thing that popped into my mind was SheaMoisture... I didn't have much luck with it first time around, but my hair has changed as it has grown (lots more coarse and curly) so I might try it again.

What other cg leave-ins are ALL the rage these days???
2c/3a
curl blog
curl album

Song of Solomon 7:5 (NIRV)

When I use a leave-in, I use SheaM.
CypressMom
3A - I think!

I like to use, but not all at once:
Wash: V05 Tea Therapy or CJ Daily Fix
Condition: CJ Curl Rehab (apply as needed, not daily)
Style: CCCC Lite, CIAB, and BRHG. KCCC is my #1 product
What other cg leave-ins are ALL the rage these days???
Originally Posted by shellynot
Welcome back Shellynot!!!!!

Karen's Body Beautiful is the new rage. I use the hair milk as a leave in; others have been using the KBB hair nectar.
Mostly 3A/Some 3B Thick/Dry/Colored/SL
Loving natural products. Some of my favorites are:
MHC Scalp Cleanser, Donna Marie Miracurl Gelly, Robert Craig Conditioner
I'll second the KBB products, but then scarriecarrie and I are the unofficial KBB cult leaders. All of her products are incredible.

I was never a SheaM proponent. Had to water it down or it was way too greasy. I ended up being allergic to it. It wasn't a great loss to me that I couldn't use it.

I will third the KBB leave ins. So much so that I'm thinking I'll probably be swapping/selling my KCKT and I already did let my SheaM go.
mostly 3a/i/F
Modified CG since Feb 2008
Rotating a lot!
Blog: http://amy51373.blogspot.com/
I'm really liking the KBB nectar. I mixed with a little Knot Today for even better clumping, and geled with aloe vera gel (Theraneem). Shea Moisture gives great results, but it's so hard to get out of the bottle and it takes time for my hair to absorb it.
My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/

Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
I still love SheaM, but used KBB milk today with nice results. Basically, nothing's really changed for me.
Location: North NJ or NYC
ahem, extreme guano -- mystery, your eyebrows look amazing!!
2c/3a
curl blog
curl album

Originally Posted by Suburbanbushbabe
Ohhhhhh...that sounds interesting SBB. I wish I could just use aloe vera gel-it's just not rugged enough for me - I want your curls!

Welcome back Shellynot !!

I still use the SheaM, but KBB's Nectar is my preference ... if I were going to buy a bottle and had to choose between the two - I'd go for the Nectar
Shellynot, I thought we had lost you to Deva forever! Glad you're back.

I still use SheaM and still like it, but have just ordered the KBB products. SheaM is great but because it's so thick, it's a little bit of a pain to use. (I say that mostly because KBB promises to be easier!)

I'm still a thumbs-up person for SheaM, though.
3a and strictly CG since August 2007. Porous and on the fine side. No to magnesium sulfate and glycerin. Yes to protein! Favorites:
CO-WASHES: Suave Coconut
CONDITIONERS and LEAVE-INS: Mop Top Daily Conditioner, KBB Nectar, Aubrey GPB or Island Naturals, Robert Craig, Any Jessicurl
CURL ENHANCERS/CREMES/MOUSSES: KCCC, JoiWhip
GELS: Fuzzy Duck, B5 Design, MGA Scultping, BRHG

Fotki password: chuckle
Blog: http://jillipoo.blogspot.com/
Twitter: nopoojillipoo
I love this product- best leave in I have found-gives great curls!
I still like Sheam but it has taken a back seat to all the new products in my house. I use soooo little leave in that I do not need to purchase another one for the rest of my life.

I am just about to change back to SheaM! You read my mind lol
It's super humid here atm but any minute now it will be the dry spell we get but once a year. There is something about SheaM that is just perfect for that time of year!
2c/3a?
Low porosity, medium texture.

If it smells good put it in your hair, if it tastes good spit it out!
I never much got into SheaM because of the strong smell - it lingered until I washed it out, however long that happened to be. I felt like I always smelled like suntan oil.

Another vote for KBB milk and/or nectar - you can get it unscented or in any of a number of fragrances of your choosing (I Egyptian Musk myself). It only takes a little of either for me, but that's enough for excellent detangling, even right after henna.

I still love GDLI, too when I want something a little lighter. I just realized I haven't used it since the weather changed.
2C/3A/3B - modified CG - med./fine, normal/low porosity/normal elasticity

Current Main Rotation: MG217 medicated or Aim2Health 'poos for scalp, YTCarrots or Elucence cond., Spiral Solutions Protein & Deeply Decadent Cond., CJCCCC reg or lite, KCCC, Giovanni LA Hold Hair Spritz + lots more, sporadically

HG Method: Super Soaker + Smasters-ing, brief upside down diffusing w/360o diffuser then clips/clamps & air dry. Newly gray - stopped my henna glosses!

www.fotki.com/auntnett

3B~Fine, porus, and really long
HG's~Plopping and Homemade FSG!! Thank you BB
Proud To Be Egyptian!

Originally Posted by egyptiancurls89
I like the KBB hair milk much better. Shea M makes my curls kind of fluffy & undefined, not as defined & tight as KBB.
Mostly 3A/Some 3B Thick/Dry/Colored/SL
Loving natural products. Some of my favorites are:
MHC Scalp Cleanser, Donna Marie Miracurl Gelly, Robert Craig Conditioner

Originally Posted by egyptiancurls89
Originally Posted by scarriecarrie

ITA! on top of that i think the kbb milk makes my hair much silkier too.....
3B~Fine, porus, and really long