-   -   any helpful hints on the Deva fuser??? (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/readers-product-reviews/59908-any-helpful-hints-deva-fuser.html)

TaraVictoria 10-24-2008 10:18 AM

any helpful hints on the Deva fuser???

I was thinking of buying this one - I saw you can get it at Ulta now too... I'm not sure if my hair is too short for this, or if it's worth it ... any suggestions would be great!
thanks!

kathymack 10-24-2008 11:14 AM

I have the Deva dryer/fuser. I think our hair is about the same length--didn't you pm me about that? Anyway, I use this as a first step after scrunching with my curl towels. I only do the underneath portions. Stick the hand right into my hair and keep it there for a minute or two. It really helps root lift on the top.

WurlyLox 10-24-2008 12:03 PM

This is just one thread from the past few days. A search will find you several over the past couple of weeks.

TaraVictoria 10-25-2008 12:03 PM

thanks! appreciate the help... looks like I'll stick with the old one........ love the Deva products, just not sure this one is worth it

DEL2C 10-25-2008 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by TaraVictoria (Post 766016)

Well you know what makes the deva dryer is the "hand" anyway and that's pretty cheap now! I think it's definitely worth it and you can use it with your current blow dryer.

amy51373 10-25-2008 04:24 PM

I just ordered the Deva attachment today. It will work on dryers that are round (not square or oval) so I figured I'd try it. I usually dry my hair similar to how she's got the Deva hand anyway to get lift at the root so maybe this will help reduce the canopy frizz and stringyness I get.

TaraVictoria 10-26-2008 06:02 PM

so it would work with my Remington? it's round - but does the attachment adjust for sizing???

amy51373 10-27-2008 03:56 AM

Originally Posted by TaraVictoria (Post 767387)

That's the part I'm not sure about. It says it has a universal adaptor that fits 99% of hair dryers. I just hope mines not that 1%.

WurlyLox 10-27-2008 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by amy51373 (Post 767682)

Originally Posted by TaraVictoria (Post 767387)

The opening where it attaches to the dryer is expandable with an elastic band inside like many other diffusers have. It may not stay on a tapered nozzle that is narrower at the bottom and gets wider as it goes up. I don't think I've ever seen a square nozzle, but as long as it'll fit into the round opening (I'd estimate it's 2.5-3" across), the way it adjusts, it could conceivably stay on.

Got mine at Ulta but I had to ask about it - it wasn't with the other diffusers or with the other Deva products. $39.99 unless you have an Ulta coupon of some kind. This includes the hand-shaped diffuser, the adapter attachment, and a travel-size bottle of Set It Free.

amy51373 10-27-2008 03:34 PM

I just got mine today and the attachment fits on my round dryer. It definitely seems to hold tight on there, unlike other diffuser attachments I've tried so here's hoping that the morning dry works out well.

And Auntnett's description of the attachment part is right on.