Old 10-24-2008, 10:18 AM   #1

Join Date: Mar 2007
Smile any helpful hints on the Deva fuser???

I was thinking of buying this one - I saw you can get it at Ulta now too... I'm not sure if my hair is too short for this, or if it's worth it ... any suggestions would be great!
thanks!
Tara - have a curly day!!!

LA Looks Curl Gel, Sauve Naturals conditioners Waterlily, CK, Deva Archangel , LOOB (has its days)...

Old 10-24-2008, 11:14 AM   #2

kathymack's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008

I have the Deva dryer/fuser. I think our hair is about the same length--didn't you pm me about that? Anyway, I use this as a first step after scrunching with my curl towels. I only do the underneath portions. Stick the hand right into my hair and keep it there for a minute or two. It really helps root lift on the top.

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me
kathymack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 12:03 PM   #3

WurlyLox's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2008

DevaFuser

This is just one thread from the past few days. A search will find you several over the past couple of weeks.
2C/3A/3B - mod. CG, med. to fine, normal to low porosity/normal elasticity

Current Main Rotation: MG217 medicated, GTTT or Aim2Health 'poos as scalp needs, YTCarrots or Elucence cond., Spiral Solutions Protein Trtmt & Deeply Decadent Cond., CJCCCC reg or lite, KCCC, AO Mandarin Magic, Giovanni LA Hold Hair Spritz + lots more, sporadically

HG Method: Super Soaker + Smasters-ing, brief upside down diffusing then clips or clamps & air dry. Blend gray w/henna glosses

www.fotki.com/auntnett
WurlyLox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 12:03 PM   #4

Join Date: Mar 2007

thanks! appreciate the help... looks like I'll stick with the old one........ love the Deva products, just not sure this one is worth it

Old 10-25-2008, 12:40 PM   #5

DEL2C's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2008

Originally Posted by TaraVictoria View Post
Well you know what makes the deva dryer is the "hand" anyway and that's pretty cheap now! I think it's definitely worth it and you can use it with your current blow dryer.
Discovered CG 2007

Link-Spritz & Condish Washing

I'm aCurlJunkieJunky

My hair LOVES Coconut DESPISES Soap Bars

DEL2C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 04:24 PM   #6

Join Date: Feb 2008

I just ordered the Deva attachment today. It will work on dryers that are round (not square or oval) so I figured I'd try it. I usually dry my hair similar to how she's got the Deva hand anyway to get lift at the root so maybe this will help reduce the canopy frizz and stringyness I get.
Old 10-26-2008, 06:02 PM   #7

Join Date: Mar 2007

so it would work with my Remington? it's round - but does the attachment adjust for sizing???

Old 10-27-2008, 03:56 AM   #8

Originally Posted by TaraVictoria View Post
That's the part I'm not sure about. It says it has a universal adaptor that fits 99% of hair dryers. I just hope mines not that 1%.
Old 10-27-2008, 12:09 PM   #9

WurlyLox's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2008

Originally Posted by amy51373 View Post
Originally Posted by TaraVictoria View Post
The opening where it attaches to the dryer is expandable with an elastic band inside like many other diffusers have. It may not stay on a tapered nozzle that is narrower at the bottom and gets wider as it goes up. I don't think I've ever seen a square nozzle, but as long as it'll fit into the round opening (I'd estimate it's 2.5-3" across), the way it adjusts, it could conceivably stay on.

Got mine at Ulta but I had to ask about it - it wasn't with the other diffusers or with the other Deva products. $39.99 unless you have an Ulta coupon of some kind. This includes the hand-shaped diffuser, the adapter attachment, and a travel-size bottle of Set It Free.
2C/3A/3B - mod. CG, med. to fine, normal to low porosity/normal elasticity

www.fotki.com/auntnett
WurlyLox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 03:34 PM   #10

Join Date: Feb 2008

I just got mine today and the attachment fits on my round dryer. It definitely seems to hold tight on there, unlike other diffuser attachments I've tried so here's hoping that the morning dry works out well.

And Auntnett's description of the attachment part is right on.