Old 01-28-2009, 07:30 AM   #301

Join Date: Oct 2008

Originally Posted by wild_sasparilla View Post
Originally Posted by JElsea View Post
Kathymack, since you are the DM guru around here, I'm wondering if you can help me.

Is the L&T something that I could use to SOTC to keep frizz from forming as the day goes on? Or is it something I could use after my LI and before my gel? Sorry for asking so many questions, but I'm trying to find something that can keep the frizz at bay as the day wears on.
I used my L&T to SOTC just this morning! It worked quite well. I can't say for sure if it weighed me down at all, since the wind decided to come after me today, but it worked quite nicely.
Oh good! I'll give it a shot, then. Thanks!
JLeighs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 07:34 AM   #302

kathymack's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008

Thank you!

It's been very dry and cold around here, and I also work in a field that has me in hot, steamy conditions some days. So, I get "dry frizz" from the very dry air and then on top of that I get "humidity frizz". I don't have a regular 9-5 job --I have to go to several different places each day, so even if I wait to SOTC until I get to the first place (and I have) it doesn't keep the frizz at bay any longer than if I had SOTC at home. So, I'm basically looking for something that can keep it at bay or tamp it down when it happens.
Now we're getting off topic. Maybe we should start a thread--"What do you use to SOTC?" or "How to help alleviate frizz in the afternoon." LOL! Some people use the DM L & T or Cocoa Hemp Buttercream. I also have used the KBB cream/butter and Ohm Hair Custard. If you want a none greasy alternative, the MGA Texture Paste is good.

In this dry, cold weather, proactivity is good. Use a lot of moisturizing products. So far, I've yet to not get some frizz in the afternoon.

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me
kathymack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 09:24 PM   #303

empressri's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2007

Originally Posted by kathymack View Post
Thank you!

im too lazy to go back...what's the SOTC again??
Lady Hasytal in the Land of Product in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

empressri's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2007

Originally Posted by DEL2C View Post
SOTC=Scrunch out the crunch

OOOOOOOOOOH!!!!!!!! lolol thanks del!!!
Lady Hasytal in the Land of Product in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

[/B]
empressri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 08:14 PM   #306

melaniesusan's Avatar

Join Date: May 2008
Default L&T

I like the DM L&T both as a curl enhancer and to SOTC. It's multi-purpose!

DM CHB was too heavy for me when I used it to SOTC. Maybe I'll try it next time as a leave-in (sparingly, or course).
hair type: 2B/3A
low poo: Elucence moisture; Elucence clarifying (after swimming)
condish: CJ smoothing; CJ argan; CJ repair me; CJ curl rehab; CJ strengthening (summer only)
winter styling: CJ Beauticurls leave-in + Curly Kinks coil jam + Ouidad mongongo oil; or CJ leave-in + SpiralSolutions CEJ & FHG
summer styling: CJ CCCC lite + CJ Curl Queen