Old 10-27-2008, 11:14 AM   #21

Join Date: Sep 2008

Shame on you, Kathymack! You went and did this on purpose just to make me spend more of the money I don't have in college on hair products I MUST HAVE!

Well, on the upside, it looks like the Lock and Twist might be KCCC's KY lube. This is fantastic news.
3b/c, CG 9/18/08
Last process: 04/05/08 Big Chop: 08/08/09
Currently: Herbal Essences Hello Hydration, Herbal Essences Set Me Up gel (summer only), Boots Curl Creme (winter only)
onethousandcurls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 12:15 PM   #22

Saria's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2008

Haha, you can all direct your hate towards me, as I was the one who suggested that kathymack try this line being that she was on the prowl for another natural hair creme.
I hope the products continue to work out as you keep experimenting.

The problem now is . . . how long before I'm itchin' to try it myself?!
Saria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 12:19 PM   #23

jillipoo's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2007

Originally Posted by xcptnl View Post
I have seen the ad for this brand on the front page and even checked out the site but I resisted. Now I think all resistance is gone. Darnit!

Just as an FYI - www.azizabeautysupply.com is a bit cheaper (50 cents off the products I was looking at) if you sign up to be a member and 1st time orders has a promo code of FLY02 and get 15% off. The shipping was pretty reasonable as well at $5.60
Accomplice!

You'd think I'd learn, but I placed an order about 7 seconds after reading Kathymack's initial post -- didn't even wait to read the rest of the thread. And my KBB stuff hasn't even arrived yet. Next time somebody looks up the word "suggestible" in the dictionary, you'll see my face (and hair!).

Anyway, thank you both. Thanks a LOT.
3a and strictly CG since August 2007. Porous and on the fine side. No to magnesium sulfate and glycerin. Yes to protein! Favorites:
CO-WASHES: Suave Coconut
CONDITIONERS and LEAVE-INS: Mop Top Daily Conditioner, KBB Nectar, Aubrey GPB or Island Naturals, Robert Craig, Any Jessicurl
CURL ENHANCERS/CREMES/MOUSSES: KCCC, JoiWhip
GELS: Fuzzy Duck, B5 Design, MGA Scultping, BRHG

Fotki password: chuckle
Blog: http://jillipoo.blogspot.com/
Twitter: nopoojillipoo
jillipoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 12:21 PM   #24

Originally Posted by Sairis View Post
I hope the products continue to work out as you keep experimenting.

The problem now is . . . how long before I'm itchin' to try it myself?!
I'm glad you owned up. When I saw that you had posted, I was going to "out" you. All I can say is, "Thank you."

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me
Old 10-27-2008, 12:30 PM   #25

Saria's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2008

You're welcome. Just hope they continue to work out.

Don't feel bad, jillipoo, I've been guilty of placing orders a minute or so after reading positive reviews!
Saria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 12:31 PM   #26

Curly Girl Fla's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2003

Hey-Kathy-I know you said both the coco curl butter and the pudding enhance curly-the pudding moreso, but, in your opinion, did the coco curly butter really have stronger hold? It looks like it should from the description, and, the more I look at these products, the better the coco one looks if it does offer more hold....TIA

Last edited by Curly Girl Fla; 10-27-2008 at 12:48 PM.
Curly Girl Fla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 12:41 PM   #27

CurlsAuNatural's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2004

Ughhhhh! I literally just got KCKT/KCCC to work yesterday! But I REALLY want to try this.

KM - Does the lock and twist have hold? Did it make it day 2 and beyond? With the KCCC if I touch my hair too much, I get frizz.
______________________________
3b/c Curly
CO Wash: Vo5 Vanilla Mint and I add extra peppermint oil
Rinse Out: Biolage Conditioning Balm
Leave-in (when needed): KCKT
Styler: Modern Elixirs Style Serum (peg cones)
Gel (when needed): ArcAngell, trying Loreal Melting Gel

protein sensitive, glycerin sensitive, and I don't think I like aloe vera.
CurlsAuNatural is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 12:42 PM   #28

xcptnl's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2005

Originally Posted by jillipoo View Post
Originally Posted by xcptnl View Post

Accomplice!

Anyway, thank you both. Thanks a LOT.
I knew I was going to order some and at I am trying to find better prices for my bad habit! I also re-ordered KBB so I could catch the sale. It's not really bad if you getting it cheaper.....right???

xcptnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 12:44 PM   #29

Join Date: Dec 2003

Does anyone else read the title of this post as "Donny and Marie"? LOL
lazy loops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 12:47 PM   #30

CurlsAuNatural's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2004

DAMN YOU CURLIES!!!! The sample pack is sold out!! You guys move quick!
______________________________
3b/c Curly
CO Wash: Vo5 Vanilla Mint and I add extra peppermint oil
Rinse Out: Biolage Conditioning Balm
Leave-in (when needed): KCKT
Styler: Modern Elixirs Style Serum (peg cones)
Gel (when needed): ArcAngell, trying Loreal Melting Gel

protein sensitive, glycerin sensitive, and I don't think I like aloe vera.
CurlsAuNatural is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 12:48 PM   #31

Originally Posted by Curly Girl Fla View Post
Hey-Kathy-I know you said both the coco curl butter and the pudding enhance curl-the pudding moreso, but, in your opinion, did the coco curl butter really have stronger hold? It looks like it should from the description, and, the more I look at these products, the better the coco one looks if it does offer more hold....TIA
My volume stayed all day with both. I only used the CoCo Curl Butter once. I was just so impressed with the curls from the pudding. It's a hard read so early in using the products. My hair reacted poorly to the DW yesterday, so I'm dealing with that, too. I've put extra "butter" on it to control the frizz. I raked it through and pulled out curl, but not volume. The funny thing is that I raked the butter through the canopy and top layer--which lost curl. But the back, cut in part, didn't have the raking and it's still really curly--and I used the pudding today. It's confusing. If you give me time, I can better assess. But I know how hard it is with the pj monster.

Old 10-27-2008, 12:53 PM   #32

Originally Posted by CurlsAuNatural View Post

I tried to answer CGF about the hold. I never get second day hair. I'm too perfectionistic--and I have time. Styling my hair is one of my hobbies, LOL!

If I touch when dry, all I feel is soft moisturized hair. No producty feel at all. Since going with the natural products and soap bars, I haven't had to use gel. Hold isn't an issue for me.

Old 10-27-2008, 01:30 PM   #33

lacunaCoils's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2008

Wonder what these hair companies think when they get such a sudden rush in sales? LOL! Donna Marie must not have been expecting it, since they've sold out some products already! I am SOOO tempted now. The packaging is pretty too and the Mango Butter conditioner sounds yummy.
2b/2c Henndigo curls
Currently using: Deva low-poo and OC, KCKT/KCCC, JCCC, & BRHG. + Curlease towel
Also have had success with: CK, FSG, KBB, AOHR, Nature's Gate Conditioner.

pw: curlygirl

lacunaCoils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 03:33 PM   #34

empressri's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2007

I saw a review for donna marie and the girl had my hair type and it didn't really do much for her. She likes the coco curly cream best and that was it, so good for me! lol
Lady Hasytal in the Land of Product in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

[/B]
empressri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 03:53 PM   #35

rymorg2's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2006

Kathy, darn you, you're so full of suggestions to feed my PJ!!!! Seriously though, no glycerin at least in the lock and twist which is a BIG plus for me! I'm going to have to try it.....

And a big LOL on whoever said "Donny & marie," every time I look at the name I see that too!

Cosmetology Educator with sensitivities, eczema and Seborrheic Dermatitis.
Ingredients Maven
Products: Free and Clear sulfate free poo and condish, Theraneem Sulfate Free Shampoo/Condish, Unscented SSCEJ, Coconut oil, Camellia oil, Argan oil
Lady Karaan, High Priestess of Hayr Tretements in the Order of Curly Crusaders
Fotki updated 10/12/10 Password: wavy
rymorg2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 04:19 PM   #36

Originally Posted by empressri View Post
Not to tease you too much, but I think the Lock and Twist Pudding is new. It did more for my hair than the Coco Curl Butter.

Old 10-27-2008, 04:58 PM   #37

misspam's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2008

I ordered the Lock and Twist Pudding this afternoon. I was wanting to order the sample pack but it was sold out.

Thanks kathymack, Official Product Tester!
misspam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 05:06 PM   #38

Join Date: Sep 2008

Originally Posted by DEL2C View Post
OH NOOOOOOOOOOO! There it is, the MAGIC words. Now you've done it, here I am thinking well a lot of this stuff just doesn't work on wavies.....
Originally Posted by misspam View Post
I was wanting to order the sample pack but it was sold out.

Ditto, and ditto. Now that the PJ has been aroused, I'll have to find something else to buy.
Photobucket acct: http://s432.photobucket.com/albums/qq48/KindaWavy/
pw=hairhairhair

Shampoo bars w/Organic ACV rinses
KBB milk wash out, Super Silky leave-in
Donna Marie CCB, KCCC, FSG, and Cocoa Hemp Buttercream to scrunch the crunch.

2C/3A, slightly past BSL.
KindaWavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 05:16 PM   #39

scarriecarrie's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2007

Originally Posted by kathymack View Post
You guys are quick! I feel that it's my job to sacrifice myself in an effort to find good, natural products for the rest of you to try, LOL.
Originally Posted by Curly Girl Fla View Post
Seriously, I guess this is as good a place as any to say what a great service you do provide for all of us & how much we appreciate your input and samples . So, at the risk of being even more mushy, thank you! There are still so many things that you have tested/recommended that I really want/need/must try. lol, but I basically can't buy much at this time, so I don't know what to get.
Aarggghhh!!!!! When will enough be enough??? (Never) I gotta have it, I gotta have it, I gotta have it!!!!

Seriously, I also agree with CGF; I really appreciate you sharing all your experiments with us. You've been a great help (& enabler, ha, ha) to me. Thanks!!!!
Mostly 3A/Some 3B Thick/Dry/Colored/SL
Loving natural products. Some of my favorites are:
MHC Scalp Cleanser, Donna Marie Miracurl Gelly, Robert Craig Conditioner
scarriecarrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 05:21 PM   #40

amy51373's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2008

I swear I'm going to have to stop reading KM's posts. I checked the website out but I'm holding off. I've been having such good luck with what I'm using now I really am going to make myself wait and use something up first. (yeah right) At least my KBB was shipped today so maybe that will curb the PJ for a day or two.
mostly 3a/i/F