Old 10-27-2008, 05:25 PM   #41

Join Date: Nov 2007

kathymack you are NO HELP!!! i dont have anymore room in my closet for another thing!!

Old 10-27-2008, 05:29 PM   #42

scarriecarrie's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2007

Originally Posted by empressri View Post
Look who's talking, you #1 enabler, you!!! Gee, how many products have I ordered because of you???
Mostly 3A/Some 3B Thick/Dry/Colored/SL
Loving natural products. Some of my favorites are:
MHC Scalp Cleanser, Donna Marie Miracurl Gelly, Robert Craig Conditioner
scarriecarrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 05:30 PM   #43

AprilnUtah's Avatar

Originally Posted by xcptnl View Post
I have seen the ad for this brand on the front page and even checked out the site but I resisted. Now I think all resistance is gone. Darnit!

Just as an FYI - www.azizabeautysupply.com is a bit cheaper (50 cents off the products I was looking at) if you sign up to be a member and 1st time orders has a promo code of FLY02 and get 15% off. The shipping was pretty reasonable as well at $5.60
I ordered the Twist and Lock from this site, with the discount code it was only $12.88 including shipping.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who ordered immediately upon KM's go ahead! KM - use your powers for good!
April
3a/b, med texture, med porosity, low dews

AprilnUtah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 05:32 PM   #44

misspam's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2008

Originally Posted by empressri View Post
Girl, I have seen pics of your product closet!! I know it looks full, but I'm sure you can squeeze in just one more itty bitty something!
misspam is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-27-2008, 06:07 PM   #47

TaraVictoria's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Default gone!

wow! some of you girls should get commission - just went to finally buy this stuff - of course!!! - and , it's gone! well, it's off the Aziza site - was on there a few hours ago, I was just too busy to get to it! ugh! the hair dilemmas go on!
Tara - have a curly day!!!

LA Looks Curl Gel, Sauve Naturals conditioners Waterlily, CK, Deva Archangel , LOOB (has its days)...
Deva One - LOVE it!!!!!!!

Botticelli's Flax Seed Hair Gel (a DIY!!!) THANKS Botticelli!!!!!!
Curl Junkie Coffee Coco Creme (LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!)
Shea Moisture Smoothie - GREAT stuff!

for the love of the lens...

www.animafoto.wordpress.com
TaraVictoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 07:24 PM   #48

AprilnUtah's Avatar

Default Discount Code!!!!

Hi everyone, as I mentioned earlier I placed an order at www.azizabeautysupply.com today (which they have already shipped out!) and they sent me a special discount code to share with all my NC friends:
promo code AprNC for 20% off, good till Oct. 31st!
Happy PJ indulging!
April
3a/b, med texture, med porosity, low dews

Last edited by AprilnUtah; 10-27-2008 at 07:37 PM.
AprilnUtah is offline   Reply With Quote

hersheyluv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 07:32 PM   #51

Join Date: Oct 2008
Question Question about the Donna Marie Products

Hi everyone -- I'm really new here, but like many of you, I always read Kathymack's recommendations. I have a question re: the Donna Marie products -- what do they smell like? I have been TRYING to use KCCC but am not having any luck with it in my fine 3a hair (noodly "curls" coated in waxiness -- no matter how little I use). I haven't been too heart-broken by this because I really, really don't like the smell of the KCCC. It smells like a super sweet coconut cookie to me -- which is fine, but just not in my hair! Bleck.
Anyway, would you please describe the smell of the DM products you've used? Thank you SO much!
sailcurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 07:33 PM   #52

CurlsAuNatural's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2004

Since the Lock & Twist is sold out on Aziza, I got it on Donna Marie. I can't wait!!!
______________________________
3b/c Curly
CO Wash: Vo5 Vanilla Mint and I add extra peppermint oil
Rinse Out: Biolage Conditioning Balm
Leave-in (when needed): KCKT
Styler: Modern Elixirs Style Serum (peg cones)
Gel (when needed): ArcAngell, trying Loreal Melting Gel

protein sensitive, glycerin sensitive, and I don't think I like aloe vera.
CurlsAuNatural is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 07:46 PM   #53

Originally Posted by sailcurl View Post
I am pretty fragrance sensitive, actually I'm allergic and can't go into those shops that have candles, incense, etc. I just went up to smell the KCCC--it's pretty innocuous to me. I don't think the Donna Marie has a describable fragrance, either. It's pretty mild. If the KCCC fragrance bothers you--I don't know what to say. The DM products I've used won't leave you coated or with that producty feel. HTH

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me
Old 10-27-2008, 09:06 PM   #54

Join Date: Sep 2008

Must. Not. Visit. Donna. Marie. Website.

You can't make me, Kathymack! See: I'm not listening to your seductive PJ tones!
3b/c, CG 9/18/08
Last process: 04/05/08 Big Chop: 08/08/09
Currently: Herbal Essences Hello Hydration, Herbal Essences Set Me Up gel (summer only), Boots Curl Creme (winter only)
onethousandcurls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 09:56 PM   #55

elissad's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2008

I had no intentions of ordering this product because I was going to put in an order for KCCC tonight -- but curlmart was out of stock so I ordered the 8oz sizes of the Pudding and Butter.

Kathymack -- you did not steer me wrong with the KBB or Dairy Whip. I'm sure these products will be wonderful too! In all honesty I did want something in the rotation with KCCC so here's hoping *crosses fingers*

And for those PJ's holding out, I used a coupon code for free shipping (from the Donna Marie website). Type in FREE-SHIP and the end of your order.

I think I may feel another stampede coming on.
mostly 3a/some 3b/2c at the nape
Leave-in: KCKT
Stylers:
HESMU, Joiwhip
Protein Treatment: Ion effective care treatment

Last edited by elissad; 10-27-2008 at 10:01 PM.
elissad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 05:30 AM   #56

Default Good News And "bad" News

You guys are so clever finding all these coupons.

Good news first, I got the email notification that my order was being shipped by PayPal shipping. It was just after midnight, so that means that the label was printed a few hours prior.

Bad news for those on the fence. I am not a second day hair person--too perfectionist. However, I thought I should do a little experiment and report. I woke up with tons of volume, which doesn't usually happen when I've used the DW--which I did on Sunday. I spritzed a little water and scrunched some KBB milk in. Ringlets were reforming. I had pulled out the root curl yesterday afternoon (follow up to my DW debacle on Sunday) and didn't bother trying to get that back. Didn't want to waste too much product--because I will style again today. HTH!

Old 10-28-2008, 06:45 AM   #57

xcptnl's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2005

Originally Posted by hersheyluv2 View Post
Thank you for the luv ladies - Mike at Aziza Beauty Supply

You are welcome - great site!!

xcptnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 06:56 AM   #58

lauralee's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2008
Unhappy sold out everywhere!!

I controlled my PJ instincts as long as I could - and now this stuff is sold out everywhere I look! Anyone want to sell a sample? Puh-puh-puh-please?
3a/F/ii; mod CG since 8/17/08

current favorites - Vo5 Lime to co wash, Loreal Vive Pro Nutri Gloss to condition
occasional glycerine soap bar washes, followed by coconut vinegar rinse
homemade flaxseed gel (inspired by Bottecelli Babe), Loreal Tightly Wound spray gel
lauralee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 07:07 AM   #59

Originally Posted by lauralee View Post
I only have samples now. My full size products should be here in a few days. Contact me in a few days. Please wait. I'm getting a big soap order today and I expect my inbox to be very busy--so I won't be able to keep your message.

Old 10-28-2008, 07:24 AM   #60

xcptnl's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2005

Originally Posted by lauralee View Post
Kathymack started a stampede!! I wonder if these companies ever wonder why all of a sudden their product is flying off the shelf.........

I have to say the service at Aziza Beauty Supply was great and they also carry my Alaffia products (I LOVE their leave in!!).

xcptnl is offline   Reply With Quote