Donna Marie--Bad News for PJs

Just finished my second trial with the Coco Curl Butter. All I can say is WOW!! I think the DW debacle on Sunday really dried out my hair and impeded the curl. Today, I did a rinse with KBB hair milk and the Ayurvedic herb infusion--trying to remove residual DW effects. (holding off on soap bar to try new ones tomorrow, LOL) It was definitely the right thing to do. I used a minuscule amount of Giovanni Direct and the Coco Curl Butter. I scrunched with my curl towels and a little diffusing. Air dried with the radiant dryer and scrunched with a little KBB cream/butter. My hair is a least as curly as my signature picture! I almost didn't buy a full size of this, but I'm glad I did. Two new curl enhancers. The Innersense may be relegated for very occasional use! These products are getting HG status.

I've been trying to email the company to see if they would make some of their products castor oil free for us looser, fine haired curlies. The box is full and I keep getting my messages back! Maybe in a few days, when things calm down.

What is a radiant dryer?

About your order coming in...does that mean I get my KBB/soap order soon?
2b/2c Henndigo curls
Currently using: Deva low-poo and OC, KCKT/KCCC, JCCC, & BRHG. + Curlease towel
Also have had success with: CK, FSG, KBB, AOHR, Nature's Gate Conditioner.

pw: curlygirl

What is a radiant dryer?

About your order coming in...does that mean I get my KBB/soap order soon?
Originally Posted by lacunaCoils
Here's the link to the radiant dryer thread:

Radiant Hair Drying (spin off) ATT: SBB and others

The order coming in is my soap bar order. KBB uses fragrance in her soap bars, I don't do fragrance--only natural products such as EOs and herbs.

...I just did leave in and Lock and Twist or CoCo Curl. I don't have as much hair as either of you--and I never use a lot of product. Just a few pea sized amounts to all the sections--raked, scrunched, DevaFused for a few minutes and finished off with radiant dryer after air drying. I don't use gel. Curls and volume last all day....
Originally Posted by kathymack
So do you scrunch this into dripping wet hair? How many sections do you do? I'm trying to figure out how much pudding to use since I don't section. Not trying to be a PIB! Really I'm not. Can't wait for mine to be delivered. (can you feel me stalking you all over the forums, bwwwhahahahahaha )
< member since 2006. No idea where 1969 came from.
I had no intentions of ordering this product because I was going to put in an order for KCCC tonight -- but curlmart was out of stock so I ordered the 8oz sizes of the Pudding and Butter.

Kathymack -- you did not steer me wrong with the KBB or Dairy Whip. I'm sure these products will be wonderful too! In all honesty I did want something in the rotation with KCCC so here's hoping *crosses fingers*

And for those PJ's holding out, I used a coupon code for free shipping (from the Donna Marie website). Type in FREE-SHIP and the end of your order.

Originally Posted by elissad
Well, I held out for a day, but could not resist free shipping..BUT-it says it's only a valid code when ordering $40.00 or more....so I'm out for now ...can't wait to see everyone else's feedback, though ...

Originally Posted by Curly Girl Fla
You could still do the one where you get 15% off - FLY02.

Originally Posted by CheekyMonkey
I do scrunch into dripping wet hair. I apply product, scrunch-rake-scrunch (Denman pulls out curl.) Apply next product--scrunch-rake-scrunch, etc. I don't do sections. I basically apply products as in mysteryflavored's KCCC video. Sides, back, top, bend over--the one thing I try to do is get some around my part for root curl.

I really don't feel like I'm being stalked, I'm actually flattered that people value my advice.

Hey everyone, the Donna Marie site still has the Lock and Twist available. I just ordered another to get my order to the $40 mark to get free shipping. I got the big tub of butter and the honey shampoo (this looks really good). Also, you can request one free sample for each product that you order, just type it in the comment box when you check out. I requested a sample of the spiral smoothie, it's sold out or I would have bought it. Somebody stop me!!!
April
3a/b, med texture, med porosity, low dews

all I know is I'm supposed to be grading essays - and I'm ordering coco creme and twist pudding like you can't believe! thanks SO much girls!!!!
Tara - have a curly day!!!

LA Looks Curl Gel, Sauve Naturals conditioners Waterlily, CK, Deva Archangel , LOOB (has its days)...
Deva One - LOVE it!!!!!!!

Botticelli's Flax Seed Hair Gel (a DIY!!!) THANKS Botticelli!!!!!!
Curl Junkie Coffee Coco Creme (LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!)
Shea Moisture Smoothie - GREAT stuff!

for the love of the lens...

www.animafoto.wordpress.com
Sigh.......................I was NOT going to buy anything else for awhile, but everything has aloe in it! All that aloe did me in and I totally caved. I ordered the Coco Curl Butter because I liked the look of the ingredients and I need some more curl enhancers -- especially natural ones without mag sulfate that I can rotate in more often. I even caved and ordered the shampoo -- even that looked wonderful. I am SO weak. I have been going through all the products I still have and like to use and have figured out that I can rotate in 16 different combinations of products and I'm not even through going through everything yet -- and this is after doing a major clean-out. Oh well, guess I'll be adding in a couple more.

Seriously, kathymack, this is wonderful that you're finding these natural products and sharing the finds. Thanks so much!

If I'm Going To Have A Bad Hair Day, It Might As Well Be In Aruba!

I wrote to the website and told them that I loved the two products that I ordered, but am limited as to what I can order because of the castor oil. They are going to release a new product called Coco Hemp Hair Buttercream.

"You will be happy to know that there is NO Castor oil in this product. This product will actually take the place of the Spiral Smoothie. Thank you for the feedback and positive reviews. I truly appreciate it.

Also, you can let the wonderful girls at Naturally Curly know that the lock and twist is back in stock! You put me to work last night on a new batch."

I'm wondering if she'd make some of the other stuff without the castor oil?

Wow, the customer service sounds wonderful. I think it would certainly be worth a shot to ask about getting some stuff without castor oil. She may not do it unless she gets enough requests for that and it's worth her while, but you never know.

Originally Posted by msgiblet
I just sent this. I think she's pretty busy making wonderful things for all of you--I got the email that mine was shipped from PayPal!

"I'm sure you haven't had time to read more nc.com, since you're working so hard to please us all! I posted your response to my question--thought you wouldn't mind answering everyone at once. People were very positive about the immediacy of your response. One of the posters suggested everyone emailing you with the request to make some of the products without castor--is that possible since you make them? There is a big movement for more natural products--and yours fit that category. We wouldn't want you to compromise the integrity of your products--but we'd like to be able to use them. I'll post this, and if it's okay with you, continue to post your responses. I want you to keep busy making those great products, so all my comrades can get to try them."

Originally Posted by msgiblet

Originally Posted by kathymack
Nice. Can't wait to hear what she says. I don't know if I have a problem with castor oil for sure, but it would be great to be able to get products without ingredients that don't work for some.

Originally Posted by Curly Girl Fla
Hmnnn...that's odd. I ordered only $22 in products and it let me use that code. I wonder what happened from yesterday night to today? I will research further and get back to you.
mostly 3a/some 3b/2c at the nape
Stylers:
HESMU, Joiwhip
Protein Treatment: Ion effective care treatment

Originally Posted by elissad
I tried ordering exactly what I did last night and it wouldn't let me use the coupon code. Maybe they got smart after the flood of orders yesterday. Sorry about that ladies.
mostly 3a/some 3b/2c at the nape
Leave-in: KCKT
Stylers:
HESMU, Joiwhip
Protein Treatment: Ion effective care treatment

Already got my next answer. Pretty good.

"I would love to be able to customize the products for you and others who don't like certain ingredients such as castor oil, but unfortunately I am unable to do that at this time. Every ingredient used in the products perform a certain function and they are necessary for the desired result that I would like the customers to achieve. Because I make the products in large batches, it would be extremely hard and time consuming to custom make the products for individuals. Also, other people may not like other ingredients used in the products and may request that those ingredients be removed as well, and that would create chaos for me as the only help I have is my future hubby! All products that currently contain Castor Oil, also use it at a very small amount as the products are not designed to be very oily/greasy. The good news is that the products can be unscented rather easily, so any customer who desires an unscented version of any of the products can request it at checkout.

I also, forgot to mention to you that the Ultimate Detangler is being reformulated as well and I am currently in the finishing stages but in approximately 2 weeks, the Ultimate Detangler will change to a more natural, more moisturizing and more effective detangler. This formula will no longer use Castor oil, but instead it will use sunflower oil (a small amount). You will get wonderful slip and detangle instantly with this formula! I will keep you posted for sure.

I hope you understand and please continue to ask questions and provide feedback as it helps me provide the best service and products possible , which is the number one goal!"

Looks like the products are evolving as we speak! I can certainly understand not being able to customize individual orders--except for scent. Sounds like there were castor oil issues anyway, since she's told us that two products are being reformulated. Maybe we just have to wait?

That response time is very impressive. I thought she might not be able to do it, which is understandable, but it's great that she took the time to respond and explain. This company gets points in my book just for that!

Kathymack

Thanks for writing this review. I was thinking the pudding looked somewhat similar to KCCC ingredients wise and was considering getting it instead of KCCC. Can you tell me what you thought of the hold. I need medium hold, I was thinking of using this with WSP... what do you think?
Kathymack

Originally Posted by curlygirlyme
I really don't need hold, especially since going with the more natural products, most of all the soap bars--so I don't use gel. They are both curl enhancers, so I'm not sure you need both the WSP and the Pudding--but you could certainly try it. I got tighter curls from both of the Donna Marie products than I do from WSP.

The DM products leave hair very soft and unproducty. That being said, I love the KCCC, too. It's something that would be hard for me to give up. Not sure what you use, the product that will move down on the list is the Innersense QCCC.