Donna Marie--Bad News for PJs

Already got my next answer. Pretty good.

"I would love to be able to customize the products for you and others who don't like certain ingredients such as castor oil, but unfortunately I am unable to do that at this time. Every ingredient used in the products perform a certain function and they are necessary for the desired result that I would like the customers to achieve. Because I make the products in large batches, it would be extremely hard and time consuming to custom make the products for individuals. Also, other people may not like other ingredients used in the products and may request that those ingredients be removed as well, and that would create chaos for me as the only help I have is my future hubby! All products that currently contain Castor Oil, also use it at a very small amount as the products are not designed to be very oily/greasy. The good news is that the products can be unscented rather easily, so any customer who desires an unscented version of any of the products can request it at checkout.

I also, forgot to mention to you that the Ultimate Detangler is being reformulated as well and I am currently in the finishing stages but in approximately 2 weeks, the Ultimate Detangler will change to a more natural, more moisturizing and more effective detangler. This formula will no longer use Castor oil, but instead it will use sunflower oil (a small amount). You will get wonderful slip and detangle instantly with this formula! I will keep you posted for sure.

I hope you understand and please continue to ask questions and provide feedback as it helps me provide the best service and products possible , which is the number one goal!"

Looks like the products are evolving as we speak! I can certainly understand not being able to customize individual orders--except for scent. Sounds like there were castor oil issues anyway, since she's told us that two products are being reformulated. Maybe we just have to wait?
Originally Posted by kathymack
km, thanks for checking on these things for us. I appreciate it. You're always so helpful!!
Mostly 3A/Some 3B Thick/Dry/Colored/SL
Loving natural products. Some of my favorites are:
MHC Scalp Cleanser, Donna Marie Miracurl Gelly, Robert Craig Conditioner
Hi everyone -- I'm really new here, but like many of you, I always read Kathymack's recommendations. I have a question re: the Donna Marie products -- what do they smell like? I have been TRYING to use KCCC but am not having any luck with it in my fine 3a hair (noodly "curls" coated in waxiness -- no matter how little I use). I haven't been too heart-broken by this because I really, really don't like the smell of the KCCC. It smells like a super sweet coconut cookie to me -- which is fine, but just not in my hair! Bleck.
Anyway, would you please describe the smell of the DM products you've used? Thank you SO much!
Originally Posted by sailcurl
I am pretty fragrance sensitive, actually I'm allergic and can't go into those shops that have candles, incense, etc. I just went up to smell the KCCC--it's pretty innocuous to me. I don't think the Donna Marie has a describable fragrance, either. It's pretty mild. If the KCCC fragrance bothers you--I don't know what to say. The DM products I've used won't leave you coated or with that producty feel. HTH
Originally Posted by kathymack
I can't go near those candle shops either! Thanks for checking. Of course, I ordered both curl creams. I'm SO excited that they won't leave my hair crunchy or coated. Yea!
My order came today! I want to re-do my hair but I won't. I will have restraint until tomorrow!

I snapped and order the Pudding and Coco-Butter. For those using these products, how much do you use? Do you use a MF towel, a leave-in and then product? Any gel? Do you use approximately the same amt. as KCCC? Sorry for all the questions but TIA!
3a Colored, Layered
Currently loving:
Cond: CJ Strengthing, Marie Dean, CJ Curl Rehab
Leave -In: Marie Dean Red Clover, Coconut Lime Detangler and just about the entire line, CJ Rehab
Gelly: UFDCM, Paul Brown Geletine Goo
Towel - HG - Curls Like Us

Always use the "Icequeen" method for products
Originally Posted by icequeen
I use very little product with anything--I don't have a lot of hair. I do use a leave in, but since using the soap bars to wash my hair--I don't use gel. Haven't used the MF towels since the Spring--wasn't sure if they were contributing to frizz. Use curlease and Curls Like Us.

Originally Posted by kathymack
Thanks Kathy. I'm a devoted fan of the Curls Like Us towels too. I quit using my MF and haven't looked back but don't have a short abbreviation for the Curls Like Us towels Appreciate the info. I hope they ship quickly. Does the KBB necter work well with them?
3a Colored, Layered
Currently loving:
Cond: CJ Strengthing, Marie Dean, CJ Curl Rehab
Gelly: UFDCM, Paul Brown Geletine Goo
Towel - HG - Curls Like Us

Always use the "Icequeen" method for products
Does the KBB necter work well with them?
Originally Posted by icequeen
I think the KBB nectar works well with everything, LOL!

Got my Lock and Twist today, whew that was quick! Can't wait to try it!

KM, are you liking the CCB better than the LT right now?
April
3a/b, med texture, med porosity, low dews

No, I still think the Lock and Twist is incredible. The Coco Curl Butter is much better than I originally thought--it's very good. At least as good as WSP and better than Innersense QCCC, for me.

I cannot WAIT to receive these products! I ordered on 10/27, but my package still hasn't started to ship.... I'm so jealous of those of you who've already received your orders!

I'm really excited that kathymack says there is no learning curve with these products. I'm afraid I'm completely inept when it comes to my hair, and KCCC was way out of my league!
I controlled my PJ instincts as long as I could - and now this stuff is sold out everywhere I look! Anyone want to sell a sample? Puh-puh-puh-please?
Originally Posted by lauralee
I only have samples now. My full size products should be here in a few days. Contact me in a few days. Please wait. I'm getting a big soap order today and I expect my inbox to be very busy--so I won't be able to keep your message.
Originally Posted by kathymack

Now, what day is it that we have the go-ahead to assault your inbox w/requests for these products? Also, I was wondering if you if you (still) have DW samples available, and figured I'd just ask here since I know you'll be checking this thread. Thanks so much for all you do- you're awesome, girl!

ETA: Who votes to petition Gretchen for increased inbox space for kathymack in appreciation for the valuable service she provides to nc.commers?
Photobucket acct: http://s432.photobucket.com/albums/qq48/KindaWavy/
pw=hairhairhair

Shampoo bars w/Organic ACV rinses
KBB milk wash out, Super Silky leave-in
Donna Marie CCB, KCCC, FSG, and Cocoa Hemp Buttercream to scrunch the crunch.

2C/3A, slightly past BSL.
Originally Posted by KindaWavy
Got my PayPal email yesterday from Donna Marie, but no tracking information. I did pm you earlier about the soaps.

Well, I finally gave in to reading this thread. I knew I'd come out ordering something... and lo and behold, I did! I was already considering trying KCCC, as I would really like to go more natural. And this was cheaper for trying it out. So that somehow justifies it in my mind, especially since I ordered KBB last week and Flower Moon Sunday.

I ended up getting the Twist and Lock pudding and requested a free sample of the butter. And big thanks to KM for being so dedicated and providing a service for all of us curlies. I'm loving KBB and know you wouldn't recommend something unless it's truly that good. One of these days I'll get around to ordering a shampoo bar!
CG since 6/15/08!
Medium-Fine/Normal Porosity

Kathymack

Thanks for writing this review. I was thinking the pudding looked somewhat similar to KCCC ingredients wise and was considering getting it instead of KCCC. Can you tell me what you thought of the hold. I need medium hold, I was thinking of using this with WSP... what do you think?
Originally Posted by curlygirlyme
Figured that I would sacrifice myself for the good of the whole group this am. I did the WSP/Coco Curl Butter combo. Washed my hair with a new bar, KBB milk rinse out, just a little KBB nectar leave in, a little WSP and finally a little CCB. It came out really well. Will have to try it with the Lock and Twist and then do both with KCCC. Poor KCCC is getting lonely on the shelf--it's been left alone for a while, LOL!

Does anyone else read the title of this post as "Donny and Marie"? LOL
Originally Posted by lazy loops
Yes, I did that too!
Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
Dammit, I broke down and ordered the Coco curl butter I was torn between that and the Lock and Twist. i hope I made the right choice !!
Thanks enablers!!
2c/3a

Worrying is like being in a rocking chair; it gives me something to do but it doesn't get me anywhere.

Best combo so far:
Shea moisture leave-in and BRHG
I tried the Lock and Twist today. I've got some pretty good curls, but some pretty bad frizz too. I'm gonna add a dab of kccc to it tomorrow and see if that helps. Also, for everyone else who's about to try this, use less than you think you need.
April
3a/b, med texture, med porosity, low dews

well girls, i hope this works on my 3b/3c hair. i couldn't help ordering!! i got the pudding, the detangler for slip and the butter. can't wait to get it! i'm a complete newbie and my hair is kind of stiff when wet due to a bkt that i had a couple of months ago. i'm clarifying and trying to get it out. meanwhile i'm looking for any thing to moisturize and clump. i'm really excited about going cg which i did about 10 days ago. still trying to work out the kinks in the routine. i also ordered giovanni direct leave in and am deciding which gel use. meanwhile am using loreal melting gel. any suggestions would be great. when i get something that works, i'll take a picture. nc is so great. you ladies rock!!
As I was coming to nc.com--I recognized the jar of Donna Marie Coco Curl Butter. Did anyone else not notice that this month's Spotlight was on the Donna Marie Products?

I saw that too Kathy, and actually went and checked out her website, but held off on ordering. Well until tonight of course! You have never steered me wrong, so I ordered both! Still trying to find my winter products, I am hoping this will cut down some of the frizz I have right now!

The bond with a true dog is as lasting as the ties of this earth can ever be- Konrad Lorenz