Does KBB activate curls like Recoil?

juuuust another question of mine lol.............wondering if kbb hair milk...or any of her products for that matter, activate/enhance curls like recoil does.....
Song of Solomon 7:5 (NIRV)
Woman, just buy yourself some KBB already. You know you're gonna do it anyway. The way you keep asking about it, you're not gonna rest till you do, so why delay the inevitable? Now you can stop denying the PJ and blame it on me egging you on.

I don't know about recoil, and I don't think it does it to that extent, but I find that my curls do perk up when I add some milk or nectar to dry hair.
lol i ordered some milk alright! just wanted to know if it enhances curls at all.....a few ppl have told me it does so thats cool
Song of Solomon 7:5 (NIRV)
It does some for me, but not as much as KCCC does.

Cosmetology Educator with sensitivities, eczema and Seborrheic Dermatitis.
Ingredients Maven
Products: Free and Clear sulfate free poo and condish, Theraneem Sulfate Free Shampoo/Condish, Unscented SSCEJ, Coconut oil, Camellia oil, Argan oil
Lady Karaan, High Priestess of Hayr Tretements in the Order of Curly Crusaders
Fotki updated 10/12/10 Password: wavy
If you notice a lot of difference in curl when your hair is well-moisturized, you'll likely find that it helps. But it's not a "curl-activating" product- definitely not so much as KCCC or re:coil, at least imo.
Photobucket acct: http://s432.photobucket.com/albums/qq48/KindaWavy/
pw=hairhairhair

Shampoo bars w/Organic ACV rinses
KBB milk wash out, Super Silky leave-in
Donna Marie CCB, KCCC, FSG, and Cocoa Hemp Buttercream to scrunch the crunch.

2C/3A, slightly past BSL.
Kindawavy, I agree. My wet hair is straight. When I spray on the Braggs ACV or add the KBB hair milk rinse out, I see spirals. I just think my hair likes it--it's moisturizing. If I didn't use a curl enhancer, I wouldn't get nearly as much curl.

Originally Posted by kathymack

so you think you get a lot of your curl from the enhancer that you use not kbb?
Song of Solomon 7:5 (NIRV)
I've used at least one KBB product per day since the first week of August. I sometimes use as many as three or four. My hair is really healthy and moisturized--therefore it curls better. I think my soap bars and curl enhancer make my hair curly on a day to day basis, not the KBB per say.

Originally Posted by kathymack
ITA, km. Last winter I was using only KBB hair milk as rinse out and leave in - NO gel or curl cream or anything else. My hair was curling like crazy. I would rub in hair milk on my dry ends on 2nd & 3rd day hair and it would almost immediately start to spiral again. I think you need to take care of hair from the inside out; not the outside in. If you don't keep curly hair well moisturized, I think you can try all the creams & gels around and it won't make your hair much curlier.

BTW, ReCoil made my hair like straw.
Mostly 3A/Some 3B Thick/Dry/Colored/SL
Loving natural products. Some of my favorites are:
MHC Scalp Cleanser, Donna Marie Miracurl Gelly, Robert Craig Conditioner
When I have the right level of moisture in my hair, I get much better curl. Funny that this got brought up because Saturday I used the KBB Nectar as a leave-in and re:coil as an activator. I had a lot of bouncy curls that lasted great even for 2nd day hair -- a lot curlier than normal. So, to answer your question, I think the KBB products give you the moisture needed for great, healthy curl formation, but no, I don't consider them "activating". I think the activators just give you a little more curl and a little more oomph than normal for some of us that need or want the extra boost. I also have to add that I'm much happier with my hair now when using the KBB Nectar even when I don't use an activator.
http://public.fotki.com/msgiblet/ - pw: gibber -- Pics Added 7/10/11
Fine, Thick, Normal Porosity, Normal Elasticity

Countess Balashi of Divi Beach in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

If I'm Going To Have A Bad Hair Day, It Might As Well Be In Aruba!

Re:coil was bad news for my hair, absolutely horrendous. And I have KBB to try on the way, but the descriptions of KBB products seem more like products to take care of the health of your hair, not really a focus on styling (although lots of people use things not meant for styling to do just that).
3b/c, CG 9/18/08
Last process: 04/05/08 Big Chop: 08/08/09
Currently: Herbal Essences Hello Hydration, Herbal Essences Set Me Up gel (summer only), Boots Curl Creme (winter only)
I can't really compare to Re-coil as I havent used it but I can say that KBB makes my daughters hair curlier
I think Kbb has improved the and moisture of her hair so its curlier

Before when I was using other conditioners and leave-ins her hair would be like straw and really knotty the day after it was co-washed so I would have to co-wash at least every other day

Since using KBB Ive been able to go longer in between washes as her hair is really soft and this week Ive actually gone 7 days! I used JC HCC to poo followed by KBB hair milk as a rinse out and both milk and nectar as a leave in (thought I'd use both as an experiment)

I don't use gels, curl creams or any other products and her hair is really curly soft and healthy so I'm happy

Hope KBB works for your hair, please let us know the results
Trying to work out my 5 year olds 2c fine frizzy/curly hair

Password; curlygirl

Loving KBB and Kinky Curly!!
Originally Posted by msgiblet
You said it perfectly. That's exactly how I feel.

thanks you guys!! im sooo excited to get mine! i think it might be in the mail today...ill keep you posted! i appreciate all of you answering my many questions and not getting that annoyed