Special Ordering Products at Whole Foods

I was not sure where to put this thread but thought since it was about a specific product I would put it here.

Whole Foods carry a bunch of Thera Neem products but not the aloe gel. I am thinking of asking them to order it for me - that way I won't have to pay shipping - correct? I have never asked a store to special order something for me so I have no idea how that works.

The local health food stores I use special orders things with no hesitation or attitude. If I know the product's full name, size, possibly a code, I can have it within a week or two at the most. I was able to sample Beauty Without Cruelty 2 ounce shampoos & conditioners this way & try an Aubrey Organics deep conditioner.
hmm... I wonder if they'd do the same with KCCC/KT. Since other Whole Foods elsewhere in the country seem to carry it...
CG/Mod CG (soap bars) since 8/12/08
CO wash/Cond: Kathymack & Flowermoon Castille soap bars, V05 Chamomile Tea, Suave Ocean Breeze, Biolage Conditioning Balm
Styling loves: DIFFUSING! CK, KCNT, KCCC, FOTE (on dry hair only), Re:coil, Proclaim gel
Originally Posted by MimsTX
Interesting thought. I have to go there this weekend so I am going to ask them on both. That way I can have KCCC on backup!

eeeeeexactly. I went in after someone on here had posted that theirs was carrying it and almost got laughed out of the store

Might be worth a second try though, since I didn't ask if they could special order it.
HATE: plopping, FOTE on wet hair, BRHG
So - do you have to pay them the shipping costs or do they just eat that part of it?

I called some Whole Foods around here on KCCC too and they all offered to order it for me but at the time my tub was still pretty full...now it's 1/2 full.

I dunno about Whole Foods specifically, but the grocery store I go to absorbs the shipping cost. They usually get more than just 1 item, so it's not like they're buying it JUST for me...

Originally Posted by xcptnl
I've never had to pay shipping.