Old 10-29-2008, 12:38 PM   #1

xcptnl's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2005
Default Re:coil Re:try

I have not used re:coil in quite some time - it just seemed like it did not do much for me in the Spring so it got pushed aside.

MsG mentioned that she used over KBB nectar with good results so that intrigued me. So today, I used KBB as a leave in (after shampooing with KM soap bar and KCNT condish(still trying to use this up)). I then probably used a pea sized amount of re:coil rubbed together in my hands until emulisifed. Then I scrunched into very wet hair. I knew I would need a gel so I decided to try AG Liquid effects gel. This is a strong hold gel so I diluted it a bit with AVG and scrunched into my hair.

I have nice frizz free curls with very little crunch. In fact I think I could have used the Liquid effects gel full strength due to the fact it was going over a cream (and the leave in condish).

xcptnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 04:56 PM   #2

AprilnUtah's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2008

I've been using recoil with good results too. I use kbb milk as a rinse out, nectar as a leave in and about half a dime size drop of recoil then kccc. I've been using too much kccc and getting flat head and limp curls by mid day, but I used much less today and it turned out great. When I leave out the recoil, my curls are looser spirals.
April
3a/b, med texture, med porosity, low dews

AprilnUtah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 04:35 AM   #3

msgiblet's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2006

I've used the re:coil twice in the past week with the Nectar underneath. I haven't gotten any of the frizziness or dryness I normally get when using the re:coil that often. Both times I've used it under Joiwhip and since I know that a little Joiwhip goes a long way, I didn't use very much. I think I could have used more and had better, longer lasting hold. The Nectar seems to really work great to keep that needed moisture in there. I'm going to try it next underneath a stronger gel and see what happens. I am hoping the curl enhancing cream I ordered from Donna Marie works as well since it has no mag sulfate.
http://public.fotki.com/msgiblet/ - pw: gibber -- Pics Added 7/10/11
Fine, Thick, Normal Porosity, Normal Elasticity

Countess Balashi of Divi Beach in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

If I'm Going To Have A Bad Hair Day, It Might As Well Be In Aruba!

msgiblet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 05:24 AM   #4

xcptnl's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2005

I agree MsG - I didn't get my usual mag-sulfate mess that happened when I used this in the past. Now I am wondering if I could use some Jessicurl over the nectar...hmmmmmmm.

xcptnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 08:13 AM   #5

msgiblet's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2006

Originally Posted by xcptnl View Post
Been wondering that myself; also been wondering, though, about the oils in the RR and if it will be too much. Won't know until I try, I suppose.
http://public.fotki.com/msgiblet/ - pw: gibber -- Pics Added 7/10/11
Fine, Thick, Normal Porosity, Normal Elasticity

Countess Balashi of Divi Beach in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

If I'm Going To Have A Bad Hair Day, It Might As Well Be In Aruba!

msgiblet is offline   Reply With Quote