How To Get Volume Air Drying?

hello i was just wondering if anyone had any tricks up there sleeve for getting good volume BUT from air drying......coz isn't air drying the healthiest way to go? even more so than diffusing right? thanks for your help!!
3B~Fine, porus, and really long
HG's~Plopping and Homemade FSG!! Thank you BB
Proud To Be Egyptian!
"Your head is like a crown on you.
It is as beautiful as Mount Carmel.
Your hair is as smooth as purple silk.
I am captured by your flowing curls."
Song of Solomon 7:5 (NIRV)
I think clipping your roots up and plopping is as good as it gets when air drying.
April
3a/b, med texture, med porosity, low dews

air drying is the healthiest way to dry hair right? or is diffusing equally fine?
3B~Fine, porus, and really long
HG's~Plopping and Homemade FSG!! Thank you BB
Proud To Be Egyptian!
"Your head is like a crown on you.
It is as beautiful as Mount Carmel.
Your hair is as smooth as purple silk.
I am captured by your flowing curls."
Song of Solomon 7:5 (NIRV)
Air drying is the healthiest but even Lorraine uses a diffuser on warm not hot heat setting sometimes.

I never like my Day 1 hair much. Always seems lifeless and flat. A couple of things have helped with that - double plopping and pineappling. Botticellibabe started a thread called double plopping if you want further info on that.

As for the pineappling, after my hair is completely dry, I will often pineapple my hair for a half hour or so. When I take it down it is much more voluminous than when I put it up. Probably one of those weird things that will work for me and no one else though.
Current Products: CJ Products: CF, DF, CT, SG, AFG, CIAB AND CK is back!
Current Experiment: S&C by D

Curl Fix and Daily Fix are my HGs

Sulphate and cone free since July 2007

wavy/curly fine texture/medium porosity/medium-low density

PW: wavycurly

Seek not to change the world. Rather seek to change your mind about the world.
I am sure that no heat whatsoever is the best thing for hair but I really only diffuse for about 10 minutes tops and its the only way for me to get decent volume and to get my curls to set. So I live with it. I also use high heat/low volume. I read/heard somewhere that using the dryer longer with medium heat is more damaging than less time on high heat. Dunno.

Originally Posted by egyptiancurls89
Also helps when dry to tip upside down and give your hair a good shake. When I diffuse, I do it upside down for a short time on high heat.