Old 10-31-2008, 06:14 PM   #1

Thumbs down Hairveda International Shipping Costs

I loved the look of the ingredients in this line, but then looked at the shipping costs. I know I have to pay shipping ... God knows I order online often enough .... but a flat rate of $35 for international shipping through Global Priority. Come on.

Even though the products are not expensive, I couldn't justify $35 flat rate shipping. Call me cynical, but I have hard time believing that the company is not also profiting from the shipping fees ... That isn't right.
Old 11-01-2008, 01:26 PM   #2

kathymack's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008

I just got three of her products: the whipped shealoe mousse, the Vatika Frosting and the Baggy Cream Ends something?? The only one I really like is the Vatika Frosting--it's a glorified coconut oil that smells great.

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me
kathymack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 02:23 PM   #3

Notty's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2007

Originally Posted by FrizzBgone View Post

totally agree.....we know about shipping costs but a flat rate is ridiculous!!! Especially since some companies (like CHS only charge a fee of $6.95 anywhere in north america)

Good grief for $35.00 I could buy more stuff!!!
between Botticelli & Corkscrew curly-very thick, coarse hair

When I get to be 'Queen of the World', I will absolish WIND!!!
Notty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 02:24 PM   #4

breezybaby's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2008

I wouldn't knock her shipping costs. It costs me about the same to order hair products from England.
3a/3b/3c hair all on one head

breezybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 02:48 PM   #5

Curly Girl Fla's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2003

I don't know anything about the shipping costs, but I think emailing BJ would be advisable. They have given me good service and responses to my communications. Maybe she can do something about it. I love her Vatika Frosting, Cocasta oil and Sitranillah conditioners. I still have but haven't tried her Avosoy(?) oil. They're just reasonably priced, good rotation, fun products for me to experiment with.
Curly Girl Fla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 03:38 PM   #6

kathymack's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008

I know from recent experience that you can send a flat rate shipping box to Canada--up to 70 lb--for $22.80, if you print the label from PayPal shipping. It has you fill out the custom's documents online. It was really easy. I think a flat rate envelop is about $10. There's no excuse for $35 to Canada. That being said, BJ was very accommodating when I asked to change something in my order before it shipped.

kathymack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 03:39 PM   #7

empressri's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2007

Originally Posted by breezybaby View Post
i was going to say the same thing. plus the more i order, the more it went up. it cost my friend $37 USD for me to send her stuff and she's in london. that was the cheapest too.
Lady Hasytal in the Land of Product in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

[/B]
empressri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 09:54 PM   #8

Originally Posted by empressri View Post
Originally Posted by breezybaby View Post
I order online all the time (I'm sure this surprises all of you ); all most all of the sites are from the U.S. This is BY FAR the most expensive place ever. To charge someone $35 for one jar is a rip off. To put it in perspective. I ordered over $150 worth of products from KBB .... it ended up being a huge box. I paid under $30.

Ordering from the U.S. to Canada isn't the same as ordering from the U.S. to Europe. I would understand it if was going that far away ... but alot of the shipping isn't even sent by air between the U.S. and Canada.

Flat rate shipping can be wonderful if you're order a ton of stuff ... but to not give anyone the option of going a cheaper route is wrong IMO.

Having said that, I think e-mailing them is a good idea. When I first checked out KBB, their shipping prices were out of whack as well. Once I brought it to their attention, they looked into, realized that it was and corrected it.

Don't mean to rant. I am more than willing to pay for a service. Ordering from the US involves shipping costs and I accept that ... but insisting on flat rate shipping at $35 is excessive.
Old 11-02-2008, 10:41 AM   #9

bunniee23's Avatar

Join Date: May 2003

$35 shipping from the U.S. to Canada does seem excessive, and for just one product. I hope they are willing to negotiate with you.
Type 2b. Wash: WEN pomegranate or fig. Leave-in conditioner: Alaffia beautiful curls for wavy hair, Spiral Solutions Protein spray. Style: Curls In A Bottle, Ecostyler, or KCCC.
bunniee23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 12:54 PM   #10

empressri's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2007

ooh canada. yeah i got something from canada once and the shipping wasn't even close to shipping to europe!
Lady Hasytal in the Land of Product in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

[/B]
empressri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 12:51 AM   #11

curlywurlygurly's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2008

... try shipping to Australia... i pay more shipping that what the product is worth, kinda depressing.
2 something Australian

pw:aussie

Aiming to grow hair to waist from buzz cut - slowly but surely.
curlywurlygurly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 10:27 AM   #12

Kinks74's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2008
Default Hairveda...

Yep, you may want to email BJ about the shipping. I have communicated with her via email several times with questions about my orders...she is responsive and the customer service is really good for a smaller company.

In terms of the products, I have recently tried/used the vatika frosting, whipped cream, ashaomega scalp oil, spritz, sitrinillah deep condish, and whipped gelly. I must say that I REALLY like the products that I've tried so far. I use the frosting at night on my ends. Its a light coconut oil product that smells like butter cream frosting...divine. I also tried the whipped cream as a moisturizer under the whipped gelly - this combo gave me good moisture and curl definition (not quite the same as KBB/KCCC combo, but not bad at all). I like the other products too and have ordered more products to try. Also good is that you can request unscented products if you want.

That being said, if you're interested in trying the products, you may want to shoot BJ a quick email.
Kinks74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 05:28 AM   #13

Join Date: Sep 2007

Thanks for the responses everyone !!

I did send an e-mail off and received a response. They said that they thought it had been corrected to read $25. This is more in line with other companies.

When I tried to order something, it still says $35 ... I sent off another e-mail. Aisha told me to let her know if it was still showing $35 and they would have it fixed.

So far, the customer service looks great. The prices of these products are so cheap compared to salon products .... why did I wait so long to try natural products ?!!!