Old 11-02-2008, 07:47 AM   #1

Celebration's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2006
Default I should buy stock in Curly Hair Solutions!

Can I just say again how much I am loving the Tweek? I was already in love with Curly Hair Solutions' Curl Keeper, and now I am almost as head over heels for Tweek. It perks up my hair at the roots and keeps my ends neatly coiled around one another. All this without a "producty" or crunch feel. It's simply working wonders for my hair. Thank you, Jonathan Torch!!!!

p.s. now if you could only do something about those high prices
CG Since 2/06
3a/3b, Coarse, Very thick, bra strap length and growing!
Fotki Album

Mary Kay Beauty Consultant

Last edited by Celebration; 11-02-2008 at 07:48 AM. Reason: proofread
Celebration is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 01:15 PM   #2

Join Date: Jun 2007

Good to hear that you like their new product. I've been using a little Re:coil on top of my Curl Keeper, how do you think the Tweek would compare if I used it instead? Are they similar?

3B, with some 3C
Laney1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 03:31 PM   #3

whatsercurl's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2008

You're not alone! I love CK and Tweek both.

I also love the gel and silk protein for the odd time when I need to do a DT.

I don't have the problems with the prices as the product lasts a really long time. I buy the CK by the litre and refill my 8oz bottle for shower use.

laney1: Re:coil is typically used on wet hair and Tweek is typicallly used on dry to restore curl, add volume and de-frizz. I've used both but they're very different.
Current Products: CJ Products: CF, DF, CT, SG, AFG, CIAB AND CK is back!
Current Experiment: S&C by D

Curl Fix and Daily Fix are my HGs

Sulphate and cone free since July 2007

wavy/curly fine texture/medium porosity/medium-low density

PW: wavycurly

Seek not to change the world. Rather seek to change your mind about the world.
whatsercurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 02:32 PM   #4

hauptaj's Avatar

Originally Posted by Laney1 View Post

Thanks!
I use Re:coil on top of Curl Keeper, then use Tweek at the roots after my hair is dry.

I love it too! Didn't like it so much when I first bought it, but my hair was longer then. I just got it cut above my shoulders and now I love it. I think the longer hair was just too much weight for it, but now that it's shorter, it's nice and full and sassy!

Don't know what I would do without CHS!
3a/b
co-wash: Kirkland (Costco) Hydrating Conditioner
low-poo: DevaCurl Low-Poo
conditioner: Giovanni Deeper Moisture Smooth as Silk
leave-in: Giovanni Direct Leave in
styling: Botticelli Botanicals FSG, FOTE Aloe Vera Gel, Pink Boots, Batia & Aleeza Bio-Herbal Mineral Sculpting Gel, CHS Tweek, Curlisto Unruly Paste
Fine to normal texture with normal porosity

password: curly
hauptaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 02:34 PM   #5

hauptaj's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2008

And why do people complain about the smell? I think all of their products smell good!
3a/b

Celebration's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2006

Originally Posted by Laney1 View Post

Hi Laney,
No, you cannot replace re:coil with Tweek because Tweek is more of a finishing product. I use re:coil after Curlkeeper, while my hair is still wet, to give structure to my curls.

I, too, like the smell of Curlkeeper and Tweek. I don't know why some people don't like it, but it does have a distinctive smell when you put it on. The smell goes away immediately, IMO.

I would like to try some of their other products, but I am so in love with Deva One Condition and Angell (especially love the smell of Angell) that I hate to spend money on something else only to find that I don't like it as much!

My hair is very thick and requires several large handfuls of Curlkeeper, so it can get expensive. An 8 oz bottle lasts a little less than 2 months=$15.50 plus shipping.

Thankfully, the Tweek is a hand-me-down from someone who couldn't get it to work for her hair, because that little 4 oz bottle is $19.95 plus shipping. That's a lotta $$$ for a poor grad student, but worth it for the happy curls.
CG Since 2/06
3a/3b, Coarse, Very thick, bra strap length and growing!
Fotki Album

Mary Kay Beauty Consultant

Celebration is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 09:11 AM   #7

Arjae's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2008

I finally got 2 ounces of Curl Keeper about a week ago and I was so excited to try it!!!!!! But I was disappointed...it didn't do anything for me. Probably because I live in a semi-arid climate.

I was hoping it would be my HG.
3A, medium fine. Currently avoiding shampoos, 'cones, 'xanes and sulfates. Hair length - a bit beyond BSL. Mostly CG since July 2, 2008.
Arjae is offline   Reply With Quote