Dairy Whip-I'm in love

I'm trying to access Flower Moon website and they are asking for a user name and password when I click on the link in Google.
Originally Posted by Suburbanbushbabe
Looks like they've locked out any new customers, if you were an existing customer and remembered your username and pw you might be able to access the site. Very strange.....even if they were overwhelmed with orders they could put a note on their site explaining and giving some kind of turn around time, instead of locking out potential customers! NOT COOL.
Originally Posted by DEL2C
They did have a note up until yesterday. Not sure what happened. I guess I could understand it if the hacking thing is true.
CG since 6/15/08!
Medium-Fine/Normal Porosity

Has anyone tried calling the customer service or emailing them? I think I still have the email address and I might have the number at work on my lotion. I love the DW and definitely want to get more so hopefully it's just temporary.
mostly 3a/i/F
Modified CG since Feb 2008
Rotating a lot!
Blog: http://amy51373.blogspot.com/
I did a google search on Flower Moon soaps and came up with this thread on the longhaircommunity forums: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...ad.php?t=14771

Hopefully it's true that the the site has been hacked and they just closed it down to prevent further fraud.
Originally Posted by helloitsio
That's the second website I've used (the other was non hair) that was compromised this week. I did receive a shipment of non hair product this week, that I hadn't ordered. When I called them, they told me that it's a first step to see if the credit card works. I had to cancel and get a new card.

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Marie Dean Leave Ins and Curl Creams
Can anyone who gets word that they are up and running again please update this post?

Aside from the DW, I heard their Bars ROCK!
My Photobucket Album
When I ordered I didn't have to sign up with a user name or password.

ETA: Here's the info I have for Flower Moon Soaps: 1-888-489-9090, (410) 810-2882, 8192 Bakers Lane, Chestertown MD, 21620.

Last edited by Wiggilyhair; 11-05-2008 at 02:14 PM.
The site appears to be up again. Happy shopping!
3b spirals, fine texture, normal porosity, dense
Homemade FSG
KCCC
Curl Junkie Stuff
BRHG

Nothing lasts, nothing is finished, and nothing is perfect.
-wabi-sabi

I tried the DW today (thanks to a swap with DEL2C!!) and I really like this stuff. I am such a shampoo slut and all of that lather but none of the squeakiness you know will lead to fluff just makes me a happy curly. It plays really well with KBB milk/nectar too!

I just recieved my shipment last week and have been using the Dairy Whip since then.....I love this stuff so far. At first I thought it was going to leave my hair feeling dry and tangly but after rinsing it felt fine so I skipped the conditioner and just brushed through some Coco Curly Butter (or something like that) left it to partially dry and then scrunched in a little upper management gel. I've had good, very curly results each day whether I used CCB or KCCC...this may be my holy grail if it doesn't end up drying my hair out or building up after awhile.

M
First of all, despite the postings that the FMS site was up and running again, it is not letting me log in and therefore not letting me place an order.

Secondly, scent recommendations please:

--Re DW: Is it true that the less fragranced scents emulsify and rinse more easily? I am considering ordering 1 unfragranced and 1 with (Island Coconut? perhaps).
--Re Castile Bars: Scent recs as well; I generally like sweet (coconut or vanilla, etc).

Originally Posted by rudeechick
I can't vouch for the relationship between emulsification and scent, but I ordered 2 dw and 2 castille soaps and I love them all. DW=fave is the Rice Flower/Shea-very light, white fragrance & I have the Vanilla/Honey, which I think is light, too. But I do like heavier, earthy scents myself...The Cleopatra's Blend and ChocoVanilla soaps (not sure if I've reversed some scent names) are nice, slightly but not overbearingly sweet, vanilla-y fragrances. The soaps are among my favorites for hair and body...

Originally Posted by rudeechick
Based on my time stamp, I am suffering from a little insomnia but I was able to log on with no problems. http://flowermoonsoaps.com/home/index.asp. I registered and it let me order with no problems.

I placed an order last Wednesday and received an order confirmation number. No tracking or further information though so I don't know when my order will get here.
3b spirals, fine texture, normal porosity, dense
Homemade FSG
KCCC
Curl Junkie Stuff
BRHG

Nothing lasts, nothing is finished, and nothing is perfect.
-wabi-sabi

I would try every scent of DW they offer if it was available in a trial size. As it is, the two tubs I ordered are going to last me forever.
Thanks all for the feedback.

Yes, sample sizes would be great! We should suggest a trial pack - maybe 4 or 5 diff scents in teeny tiny tubs!

I ended up ordering the DW in Island Coconut and the Castile in Vanilla or Milkshake (can't recall). I just kept trying to log in over and over til the system let me.
My Photobucket Album
I emailed FMS to suggest that they offer trial sizes of DW. I'll post if I get a reply.

Originally Posted by rudeechick
You might want to try e-mailing them. When I first ordered from them I had trouble with the website. Because I had sent them an e-mail asking if they shipped internationally, their system stored my e-mail address. When I went to register, it said that that e-mail address was already on file. I had never registered, just sent an e-mail ... all this to say, I had to order it from a different e-mail address.

When I sent them an e-mail, I got a message back saying that they would fix it. I did have a problem the 2nd time as well ... they fixed it then too ...

All this to say, I don't think their website is that great, but their products are. If you really want to try them and you still can't log on, I'm sure they will help you.

Originally Posted by FrizzBgone
Thanks for the feedback - that was exactly my scenario - the system was telling me I was already registered and wouldnt accept me! I circumvented it by re-registering with a new user name and placed an order!
My Photobucket Album
I just had to e-mail them because the charge for my order showed up on my credit card twice. Lisa responded immediately, apologized profusely, said they would refund my card immediately and that they were having growing pains at the moment. I think they are at least trying to get it right. I think they have found out the meaning of "PJ" well before they were ready for it.
http://public.fotki.com/msgiblet/ - pw: gibber -- Pics Added 7/10/11
Fine, Thick, Normal Porosity, Normal Elasticity

Countess Balashi of Divi Beach in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

If I'm Going To Have A Bad Hair Day, It Might As Well Be In Aruba!

Which are the lighter scents, for those of you who have used a few of the DWs? As comparison, I find the KBB fragrances too strong.
My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/

Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
Originally Posted by Suburbanbushbabe
KBB is ULTRA frangranced - and i'm someone who likes the scent - it is STRONG. I ordered the Island Fantasy; if I ever get it I will follow up!
Originally Posted by Suburbanbushbabe
I have the Vanilla Honey and the Rice Flower and Shea, and, to me, they are both light fragrances. I love them both as well. The RF & S is more of a light white barely floral scent...quite clean and beautiful, and I'm more of a heavy spice and patchouli kinda gal...You can also get them unscented if you prefer. I find them to be very cleansing on the hair, but really quite moisturizing on the body...don't quite understand that...