Dairy Whip-I'm in love

Thanks Curly Girl Fla and Rudeechick. I think I'll get either the vanilla honey, rice flower and shea or almond honey. Hopefull they have as good an exchange policy as Karen's Body Beautiful. Worse comes to worse, I can use it just for my body.

Do they ship UPS or USPS?
My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/

Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.

Last edited by Suburbanbushbabe; 11-16-2008 at 03:45 PM.
Originally Posted by Suburbanbushbabe
Oooh, lemme know how you like the Vanilla or Almond Honeys, as they were my 2nd choice!
Curls,Coils,Waves & WhatKnot
3miii/My HGs tame bulk&frizz/Give definition w/o crunch
My Photobucket Album
Which are the lighter scents, for those of you who have used a few of the DWs? As comparison, I find the KBB fragrances too strong.
Originally Posted by Suburbanbushbabe
I think the DW scents are nowhere near as strong as KBB. I have Aloe & Cucumber which, to me, is a nice clean scent. They do work great as a body wash!
http://public.fotki.com/msgiblet/ - pw: gibber -- Pics Added 7/10/11
Fine, Thick, Normal Porosity, Normal Elasticity

Countess Balashi of Divi Beach in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

If I'm Going To Have A Bad Hair Day, It Might As Well Be In Aruba!

Do they ship USPS or UPS? It doesn't say on the site. I also have UPS shipped to work.
My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/

Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
Originally Posted by Suburbanbushbabe
I want to say UPS but I'm not sure on that. Hopefully someone else will chime in. I just remember that the box was way too big for one DW tub and two bars of soap. It could have fit at least six more tubs with room to spare!
CG since 6/15/08!
Medium-Fine/Normal Porosity

Now I really want some DW....I mean, it's only a few dollars....lol. Last night my boyfriend said I'd try anything the people here recommend. He was next it'll be "a foil headwrap infused with protein or something!" Anyways....

Two questions - is it safe for me to use my credit card at flower moon's website now? I know I'm not liable for any fradulent charges, but still....Also, has anyone tried the seafoam or the violet scents? Both of those intrigued me, but I also thought rice flower and shea sounded good. Thanks everyone!
Somewhere between a 2b/c and a 3a

Current product favorites
Cleansers: Giovanni TTTT shampoo, Deva No-Poo, Tresemme Naturals Moisturizing Conditioner
Conditioners: Tigi Moisture Maniac, Yes to Cucumbers, GVP Conditioning Balm, AOHR
Stylers/Gels: KCCC, SS CEJ and FHG, AOMM, BRHG, LA Looks Sport Gel, Lustrasilk (winter), Pink Boots (winter)
Henna glosses!

Originally Posted by Trixie
I have violet. I wouldn't recommend it. I'm weird with scents though, so you should probably take that with a grain of salt. I honestly can't describe the scent, but it is pretty strong.
CG since 6/15/08!
Medium-Fine/Normal Porosity

Originally Posted by Trixie
Originally Posted by curlyjenn10
Thanks CurlyJenn! If it's strong, I definitely wouldn't like it then. I want something light and fresh smelling.
Somewhere between a 2b/c and a 3a

Current product favorites
Henna glosses!
I have a couple of questions about this product and company.

What is the consistency of Dairy Whip?

How do I find out what the ingredients in their products are?

Thanks!
Hair Type: mix of 2c/3a

Modified CG
Low poo-Organix Coconut
Co Wash-Suave Naturals Coconut
Leave-In-Suave Naturals Coconut or Deva leave-in
Styling-3 Sisters of Nature curling gelo, FSG, LA Looks sport gel
As for the consistency...mine kind of reminds me of that tub of Crisco that my grandma used to have. The solid kind, not the oil. Kind of also reminds me of whipped butter.

The full ingredient list may be in this thread here. I know there's a partial list in the first post. If I wasn't heading to work shortly I'd be able to look a bit more, sorry about that.

*UPDATE-REC'D FLOWER MOON SOAP ORDER*This could be interesting...Has anyone tried it?
mostly 3a/i/F
Modified CG since Feb 2008
Rotating a lot!
Blog: http://amy51373.blogspot.com/

Last edited by amy51373; 11-24-2008 at 03:51 AM.
Originally Posted by Suburbanbushbabe

They normally ship UPS but will ship USPS if you request it.

Cosmetology Educator with sensitivities, eczema and Seborrheic Dermatitis.
Ingredients Maven
Products: Free and Clear sulfate free poo and condish, Theraneem Sulfate Free Shampoo/Condish, Unscented SSCEJ, Coconut oil, Camellia oil, Argan oil
Lady Karaan, High Priestess of Hayr Tretements in the Order of Curly Crusaders
Fotki updated 10/12/10 Password: wavy
I stopped using DW on my hair. I think it was stripping my color. I was also getting that squeaky clean sound which isn't supposed to be good.

I agree w/ other posts that it's best used as a clarifier (although I prefer Vo5 Kiwi Lime for that).

It makes a great bubble bath, though!

I'd love to see a complete ingredients list if anyone has it.

It makes a great bubble bath, though!

I'd love to see a complete ingredients list if anyone has it.
Originally Posted by Wiggilyhair
So are you back to using bars or co-wash at this point Wiggly????
Discovered CG 2007

Link-Spritz & Condish Washing

I'm aCurlJunkieJunky

My hair LOVES Coconut DESPISES Soap Bars

Okay, I did a search of other threads and this seemed the best place to do this. I tried to order a couple times from FM, but wasn't ever able to get my order to complete because it asked for a CC number and it said I had already registered my e-mail as a user. Great, fine, I filled out the request to get my password e-mailed to me. Never did receive it despite 4 requests.

Imagine my surprise when more than a month later, there is an almost $40 charge from FM Soaps. No e-mail confirmation stating what I had ordered, no tracking number, nothing. So me, being the paranoid weirdo that I am e-mailed her and asked what I was being charged for and the address it was supposed to be going to. Everything checked out and it turned out the orders I never "Finished" ordering, the company did finish. Okay, I can deal with that.

I wait with anticipation and trying to think of what I can do with 4, yes FOUR tubs of DW! One week went by. Okay, maybe it's going ground. Two weeks go by...nothing. So I e-mail her. She responds back promptly (each time I've e-mailed her she's e-mailed promptly) and said it was mailed out Friday and sorry for the confusion. Here is my problem. If you're not shipping my item when you're charging my card, you better dang well let me know that. I don't think it's fair and/or ethical to charge for a product that doesn't ship for 2-3 weeks.

Am I alone in this?
2B...ish
http://public.fotki.com/SunshineGrrl/ pw: drama
Products
This area is under construction as my hair type changed and nothing works well for me. I shampoo, I condition and pretty much have done nothing but chuck my hair in a messy bun for the past oh...year? Yeah, I'm that lazy.

No...going no-poo or CG does not work for me. It leaves me overconditioned and oily in a second no matter what I use, so that's not what's not working.
WOW
Thanks for the heads-up. I e-mailed for my password twice and never got it also.
But, I don't think I had anything hanging around in my cart at the time, (I clear my history/cookies alot)
I would freak if my card was charged without actually placing an order!!! (So would my husband)
cowash Suave
wash CV, Soap and Sundries bars
Braggs vinegar rinse
style Watered down FOTE
DT Honey/olive oil, coconut oil, unrefined shea
I don't think it's right to charge way before things are shipped, especially something you didn't really order. That being said, I think these small companies are having big problems once they are discovered. First problem seems to be the website. I had issues back when CGF first posted this thread--and they responded right away to my email and fixed my account. Secondly, they just can't make product, get it out and respond to the emails and the phone calls. If I remember correctly, the company is the woman who makes the product and her husband. I think this is a real dilemma for the small companies that suddenly have the "it" product that we all want.

I know this doesn't make it better. I guess it warns us all to empty our carts if we're not going to place the order--just in case. You're not the only one who plays around with their shopping cart on different websites, LOL!!

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Marie Dean Leave Ins and Curl Creams
I like to put stuff in my cart, then see what shipping would be. It's never been a problem before, without actually checking out.
Anyway, CV lists ALL ingredients, has fantastic service, and I NEVER had any problems...and it's a smallish company.
I like supporting little businesses, but I think I'll stay away from Flower Moon...for awhile...the last thing I need is a surprise order/charge
cowash Suave
wash CV, Soap and Sundries bars
Braggs vinegar rinse
style Watered down FOTE
DT Honey/olive oil, coconut oil, unrefined shea
DEL2C I tried to respond to your PM but got a message that you were an unknown user-weird glitch I guess.

Anyway, since I quit using DW on my hair I went back to using either Deva Low Poo, or Jessicurl Gentle Lather. I use Nexxus Therappe about once a week too.

CO washing never has worked for me. My hair is really fine (even though I have tons of it) and gets too easily weighed down. I can't use conditioner near my roots for whatever reason.

I haven't tried soap bars. I didn't want to have to deal with doing acv rinses.

I really wish there were more low poo choices out there because that's what works best for me. I shampoo every other day.
BTW, I'm not too impressed. I'm still waiting for my shipment. *Sigh* Guess another e-mail goes out with a request for the tracking number. I'm gonna be miffed if it hasn't even shipped.
2B...ish
http://public.fotki.com/SunshineGrrl/ pw: drama
Products

What is up with that customer service?! That's so not cool. I'd be miffed about all this too.

I'm glad I decided to look up Flower Moon & Dairy Whip.

I don't think it'll remove what I use; products containing silicone. So it's a good thing I turned down a sample of it.