Dairy Whip-I'm in love

What is up with that customer service?! That's so not cool. I'd be miffed about all this too.

I'm glad I decided to look up Flower Moon & Dairy Whip.

I don't think it'll remove what I use; products containing silicone. So it's a good thing I turned down a sample of it.
Originally Posted by lazy loops
Eh, IF I have it by the time we meet up again, I can give you a sample. Good thing this stuff will probably last my lifetime, because I'm not sure I'd order again. I'll withhold judgement until I hear from her again.
Products
This area is under construction as my hair type changed and nothing works well for me. I shampoo, I condition and pretty much have done nothing but chuck my hair in a messy bun for the past oh...year? Yeah, I'm that lazy.

No...going no-poo or CG does not work for me. It leaves me overconditioned and oily in a second no matter what I use, so that's not what's not working.

Originally Posted by SunshineGrrl
You should just give them a call sometimes that goes further than e-mail, just a tad more personal
Discovered CG 2007

Link-Spritz & Condish Washing

I'm aCurlJunkieJunky

My hair LOVES Coconut DESPISES Soap Bars

Originally Posted by DEL2C
Good idea! I'll try that!
Products

Just fyi, per this post on the LHC, the back orders should be out by next week. Apparently, they've been in business for over 14 years, but have never had such an influx of requests. I'm not endorsing the non-exceptional service, but just saying for those who may be concerned...
Originally Posted by Curly Girl Fla
See, I would be okay if I had been told my order was backordered. The only problem I have is that I suspect my order is backordered and I was told it shipped last Friday.

Originally Posted by Curly Girl Fla
I was on FW's site the other day and they don't even list any of the castille soaps at the moment. Obviously, they are really in over their head!!!

Luckily I don't need anything else from FW for quite a while. Besides, I may end up using CV Shampoo bars exclusively which isn't a bad thing, their customer service is exceptional with great communication!!!!
Discovered CG 2007

Link-Spritz & Condish Washing

I'm aCurlJunkieJunky

My hair LOVES Coconut DESPISES Soap Bars

I got my DW today! I got two tubs - one in rice flower and shea and one in seafoam! Both smell light and fresh and I can't wait to try one tomorrow. I think it took about two weeks to get here. Lisa told me my order shipped last Tuesday and it did, so I'm happy it finally got here.
Somewhere between a 2b/c and a 3a

Current product favorites
Cleansers: Giovanni TTTT shampoo, Deva No-Poo, Tresemme Naturals Moisturizing Conditioner
Conditioners: Tigi Moisture Maniac, Yes to Cucumbers, GVP Conditioning Balm, AOHR
Stylers/Gels: KCCC, SS CEJ and FHG, AOMM, BRHG, LA Looks Sport Gel, Lustrasilk (winter), Pink Boots (winter)
Henna glosses!
Originally Posted by Trixie
Wow, you did well. My order took close to 6 weeks and came partially wrong

The silver lining is I am selling off samples from my extra tub, so we can spread the DW love!
My Photobucket Album
You did do well. I finally got mine today. I got it today by UPS in a USPS box. Go figure that one. I guess we'll see how they are. Turns out I bought 5, not just 4. LL, you are sooooooooo getting tons of samples! This really is a bucketload of soap.
Products

Rudee - 6 weeks? If mine had taken that long I don't know what I would have indulged in instead! Lol.

And SunshineGrrl - I got mine in a USPS box by UPS too! I was confused. I only got 2 tubs but I don't know when it'll run out if ever....
Somewhere between a 2b/c and a 3a

Current product favorites
Henna glosses!
Originally Posted by SunshineGrrl
Dagnabit red, you have a text!

Did you try the mousses?
Originally Posted by SunshineGrrl
Dagnabit red, you have a text!

Did you try the mousses?
Originally Posted by lazy loops
Listen, I gotta get rid of some of this! I mean...5 tubs!

I've used the JoiWhip, but not the Got2B yet. Hair has been back in a constant pony for the past few days. I'm soooooo lazy when it comes to styling lately. Probably a good thing that my hair is long enough to pull back!
Products

Well mine is in dire need of a cut because it just doesn't want to curl anymore. And the gal who did it last time just up & quit the salon. The other stylists don't know where she works now. So I'll have to beg & plead with Kara or Ann Marie to fit me in ASAP.

OK, if you wanna send me a little with the HiH & Vit C, go right ahead. I can reimburse you if you let me know the cost.
This company needs help in the customer service arena - Lisa is sweet but shipping was a nightmare. Ultimately (6 weeks and 1 order error later) they made good on my original order.

The result is I have WAY more DW then I could possibly use! I am selling half cups on the swaps if anyone wants to try some. And its (IMHO) the best flavor - Island Coconut!
My Photobucket Album

Last edited by rudeechick; 12-10-2008 at 02:28 PM.
Bumping this thread because I received my sample of Dairy Whip over the weekend (thanks Rudeechick!) and tried it this morning.

I am not sure if it is going to work out for me, unfortunately. I am afraid it might be too drying .

I was hoping it would be mild enough for daily use as I cleanse my hair every day with a low-poo type shampoo or CV shampoo bar. Do any of you use it DW that often (daily) with good results?

Anyway, I am going to try it again tomorrow morning and follow it with a much more moisturizing conditioner and see how it goes. I used VO5 vanilla mint after the DW this morning and it may not have been a heavy enough conditioner.
2/b-2/c - I shampoo daily with non-sulfate shampoos - right now am *loving* L'Oreal Everpure shampoo and conditioner
For styling: homemade flax seed gel, Curl Keeper, and/or KCCC
Current favorite product: *KCCC*!!

I don't use it every day but I do use it probably 3 times a week. I rotate it with soap bars and then once a week I use a low poo. So far it hasn't been drying but I do use conditioner afterwards. Right now I've been using Suave Ocean Breeze but since that's almost out I'll be using it with Trader Joe's.
mostly 3a/i/F
Modified CG since Feb 2008
The people who can use the DW, seem to be able to use it. The rest of us had varying experiences until we got to the point that it was too drying. I used it twice about ten days apart with soap bars every three days in between. The third time I used it, it left my hair dry and tangled (I rarely have issues with tangling.) So, I haven't used it again. I originally thought the continuum of harshness was nopoo, shampoo/soap bars, Dairy Whip, lowpoo. For me, the DW is harsher then most lowpoos. For others, it's on the other continuum.

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic (now Hello Curly Curl Stimulater); Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix and CCCC
Hey V.

I use the Dairy Whip once a week as my clarifier before my DT. I will tell you that when I first got it I used it everytime I washed for about.... maybe 2 weeks? And I didnt get dry, but I also only wash every 3rd day.

IMO the VO5 is not sufficient moisture (its my HG CO wash). Try something more substantial.
My Photobucket Album
I use the Dairy Whip about 3 times a week...I've been able to get 2nd day hair with my current routine so I either skip washing or use an organic soap bar in between. I've been doing this for a couple of months with no problem with dryness. I originally thought the DW was going to be drying because my hair felt odd but it just hasn't turned out to be the case for me.

M