Old 11-04-2008, 02:54 PM   #1

Default Dairy Whip-I'm in love

I've been using Dairy Whip for several weeks now and I just need to gush about how much I love this stuff. Without NC I never would of known about Flower Moon Soap in the first place.

DW is the perfect low-poo in my opinion-gentle yet lathers, great moisture. No acv rinse needed. Even though it's inexpensive, I wish they sold sample size tubs of the stuff so I could try all of the scents. It's hands down the best poo I've ever used.

Are there any other companies that make a whip-type product that is similar?
Old 11-04-2008, 02:58 PM   #2

Join Date: Mar 2008

Not too drying, as some have suggested?

Do you use a rinse out or a leave in with it?
Old 11-04-2008, 03:12 PM   #3

Join Date: Dec 2003

Not drying at all, imo. Actually, close to being almost too much moisture for my fine hair.

I use only a rinse out after it. No leave-in.
Old 11-04-2008, 03:22 PM   #4

Originally Posted by Wiggilyhair View Post

I use only a rinse out after it. No leave-in.
Cool, thanks. I got a sample of DW and was putting off using it, but will dig right in there ASAP!
Old 11-04-2008, 03:25 PM   #5

Join Date: Dec 2003

I hope you like it! Did you get the sample in a swap or does the company sell samples I'm not aware of?
Old 11-04-2008, 03:41 PM   #6

Originally Posted by Wiggilyhair View Post
I got a sample in a swap. Went online once to see if they sample... I can't recall! I dont think so; but I recall Del2C saying that shipping is the same for 2 tubs as it is for one....
Old 11-04-2008, 03:49 PM   #7

mpgirl's Avatar

Join Date: May 2008

I have been trying to access the flower moon soap website and can't get on. It has been temporarily shut down. Do you have a web address that is different than mine?
3b spirals, fine texture, normal porosity, dense
Homemade FSG
KCCC
Curl Junkie Stuff
BRHG

Nothing lasts, nothing is finished, and nothing is perfect.
-wabi-sabi

mpgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 03:51 PM   #8

Originally Posted by mpgirl View Post
I believe I used a link from the original thread....
Old 11-04-2008, 03:58 PM   #9

Originally Posted by mpgirl View Post
No, they had a bunch of orders (probably from all of us!) so they temporarily shut down the store. Not sure when they're putting back up. I ordered last Sunday night and haven't heard anything from them yet.

Old 11-04-2008, 04:02 PM   #10

mpgirl's Avatar

Join Date: May 2008

Right now, their site is forcing you to log in. I don't have a log in so I guess I'm out of luck for now. Crap...
3b spirals, fine texture, normal porosity, dense
Homemade FSG
KCCC
Curl Junkie Stuff
BRHG

Nothing lasts, nothing is finished, and nothing is perfect.
-wabi-sabi

mpgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 04:10 PM   #11

Join Date: Dec 2003

Yep, when you are able to get on their site----unless they've changed it- shipping was the same for two tubs or just one when I ordered. (Mine arrived in just under one week from the day I ordered).

The tubs hold a lot of the Whip. I've been using about a quarter-sized diameter blob, so a tub will last me a long time. (Some falls through my fingers onto the shower floor as I emulsify it btwn. my hands, but just a bit is lost).
Old 11-04-2008, 05:13 PM   #12

empressri's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2007

Yes that stuff is some kind of nice!!!
Lady Hasytal in the Land of Product in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

[/B]
empressri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 05:49 PM   #13

DEL2C's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2008

Originally Posted by curlyjenn10 View Post
Originally Posted by mpgirl View Post
That is so weird that they would shut down the website. I had a lot of problems getting my order through the site. If I added something the cart wouldn't reflect it unless I put in my MC and I didn't want to do that without knowing what shipping was going to be. It's too bad they are overwhelmed, they do make some nice products but they need to work on their customer service more. I tried logging in and it won't let me so who knows what's going on! SO WEIRD!
Discovered CG 2007

Old 11-04-2008, 05:52 PM   #14

Originally Posted by DEL2C View Post
Originally Posted by curlyjenn10 View Post
Originally Posted by mpgirl View Post
I'd email them about it, but you can't even get onto the site now, so no clue on their address. I can't remember my username and password (required to order) since my browser fills it in automatically. I was charged for the order on Thursday or Friday, but so far no package or shipping confirmation.

Old 11-04-2008, 06:38 PM   #15

Join Date: Jun 2008

Ok, I emailed them and then got the call from my sister that my package had just arrived. When I initially ordered, they sent an automated message that said they'd be in touch about shipping. Yeah, didn't get that. I'm not going home until Friday, so I still have a while to wait. Not digging their customer service though.

Old 11-04-2008, 07:30 PM   #16

Ashkins1118's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2005

I hope they get all their issues worked out soon. This stuff sounds awesome!
Super Thick corkscrews and waves. LOVE Elucence MBC, Giovanni 50/50 condish, Qhemet Products, V05 Calming Chamomile Tea Therapy condish, Jessicurl WDT. These are my official HG's that I love oh so much

Ashkins1118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 07:35 PM   #17

Suburbanbushbabe's Avatar

Join Date: May 2006

I'm trying to access Flower Moon website and they are asking for a user name and password when I click on the link in Google.
My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/

Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
Suburbanbushbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 08:51 PM   #18

DEL2C's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2008

Originally Posted by Suburbanbushbabe View Post
Looks like they've locked out any new customers, if you were an existing customer and remembered your username and pw you might be able to access the site. Very strange.....even if they were overwhelmed with orders they could put a note on their site explaining and giving some kind of turn around time, instead of locking out potential customers! NOT COOL.
Discovered CG 2007

Link-Spritz & Condish Washing

I'm aCurlJunkieJunky

My hair LOVES Coconut DESPISES Soap Bars

DEL2C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 10:46 PM   #19

Kinks74's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2008

Hmm, now I'm curious. Is it a natural product? Anybody know the ingredients?
Kinks, kinks and more kinks

Current Goodies: KBB Hair Mask, KBB Deep Condish, JC WDT, Oyin Juices & Berries, Oyin Shine & Define, Oyin Whipped Pudding
Faves & Raves: Oyin Juices & Berries, KBB Deep Condish, JC WDT, CBSS WSHP, KCCC, Henna
Not so Goodies: Proteins & heavy oils...
Current Challenge: kinky & twisted! (ahem, two-strand twisted)
Kinks74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 10:59 PM   #20

helloitsio's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2007

I did a google search on Flower Moon soaps and came up with this thread on the longhaircommunity forums: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...ad.php?t=14771

Hopefully it's true that the the site has been hacked and they just closed it down to prevent further fraud.
2 b/c :: slight protein sensitivity :: med/coarse texture :: normal porosity