Qhemet Customer Service?

I am a lurker that's been around for a while, and all the posts I have read here have shared a wealth of info for which I am grateful. So I ordered some Qhemet products after seeing empressri's youtube reviews. The thing is, I did not receive half of my order! I ordered some samples along with 4 full size products, all of which I paid for. But they didn't send any of the samples, and asked me if the box had been tampered with! I don't know if they run the okey-doke on people or what, but I didn't appreciate that. The box was pristine when I received it, it was just half empty.

The person who responded said the weight of the box was over 2lbs so I should have received everything, but the stuff I actually received was 2 lbs without the stuff they sent--28 oz is gonna be dayum close to 2 lbs. I dunno what kinda math they did. Has anyone else had issues with the customer service? I assumed it would be great by all the glowing product reviews. What up with that? I'm waiting to see how they resolve this. Evidently they ship from a location that is literally down the street from my house. I hope they don't bring out the badu in me and make me ride on they a@@es.

Originally Posted by thisicannotdo
you have to get insurance on your package when it comes to Qhemet Biologics. It may be the company or it may be the post office people, I don't know for sure.

when I ordered my sample pack, I added a full size container of the Detangling Ghee to my order. When it was finally shipped to me, it arrived with a "received with no contents" stamp on it. Plainly: there was nothing in it and it looked like the box had been either squished or messed with. I told this to Qhemet Biologics and the local post office....and long story short.....neither one of them planned on reimbursing me my package because it wasn't insured.S/he told me how it weighed 1 pound when it was received in California and doesn't know why it was empty when it came to my house.

I had to have an online, e-mail debate with Qhemet Biologics to re-send it to me with charging me for it. It wasn't pretty. I'll tell you though, if she hadn't, I would've never ordered from her again.

I had a problem with receiving a package from Anita Grant (all the way over in England) and without me even asking if I could get a replacement pack, they apologized and sent me another. All I had asked from Anita Grant is if they knew where my package was because it had been so long.

So the moral of the story is to pay for insurance, even if only with Qhemet. It's just a measly $2 more and ultimately will save you headaches.

ETA:
P.S. Qhemet Biologics products are great. I don't want to bash his/her company. This is something you have to look out for with any online store that has to ship products to you.
3a/3b/3c hair all on one head

Castor oil
Coconut oil
Honey
Shea butter

Last edited by breezybaby; 11-05-2008 at 09:24 AM.
Thanks for the reply...now I have learned my lesson and will most CERTAINLY follow your advice and pay for the extra insurance--it will be well worth it.
Qhem packs everything herself by hand, so I'll really venture out and say that someone at the post office or what have you snafu'd. Cause once I had a huge order and she forgot something and I emailed her right away and told her and she was like that she remembered she did forget and she sent it that day.
Lady Hasytal in the Land of Product in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

[/B]
I honsetly think she just forgot to pack the stuff in there. The box was full of packing peanuts and was missing the samples only. She emailed me today to see if I wanted a refund or the products. Naturally, I just want the products cuz I want my hair to look like empressri's. Even if that is an impossible dream...
Yes, for sure want Empressri's hair and her stash! Glad your situation with QB worked out. Let us know how you like your products. I'm hoping to place another order for some BRBC and some other stuff soon.
Kinks, kinks and more kinks

Current Goodies: KBB Hair Mask, KBB Deep Condish, JC WDT, Oyin Juices & Berries, Oyin Shine & Define, Oyin Whipped Pudding
Faves & Raves: Oyin Juices & Berries, KBB Deep Condish, JC WDT, CBSS WSHP, KCCC, Henna
Current Challenge: kinky & twisted! (ahem, two-strand twisted)
I've never had bad customer service from Qhemet. I've had to wait longer than usual for some products: I ordered Burdock cream on 10/18 and just got last Friday.But it is worth it and I tend to buy in 2's as a result.

What really pisses me off is she changed the fragrance of the Burdock cream from that sublimely awesome scent to some lemony sponge crap. It's not horrible and it's natural and mild so I can stand it. But still! I would have worn that original scent if Qhemet bottled it.
My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/

Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
I tried the amla nourishing pomade--my scalp LOOOOVES it! My roots were so tame and just laid down in long waves. But only the upper 2 inches of my hair are completely natural and the bottom is slightly texturized b/c I was afraid my hair would be too poofy w/o the texturizer, but I actually like my natural texture better now that the damaged and relaxed hair is all gone, so I'm done with chemicals (except dye cuz the grays are taking over and I don't have the patience for henna and don't want any more relaxation of texture).

I also tried the burdock buttercream and the olive and honey balm, which my hair really liked and felt moisturized. Although I had shiny corkscrews at the back of my hair, the front was a mix of frizz and waves even tho I put a small amount of deva angell on it. I think I might have a mixture of 3c or 3b textures in the front while I have 4a all over the back of my head, despite the texturizer. I guess it's better to use these products in twists but 2-stands always unravel--I would have t secure w/rubber bands so I usually just wash n' go. My hair is chin length when dry, only to the shoulder when stretched.

Still waiting on the cocoa ghee, honeybrush gel, and amla heavy cream, though I fear the heavy cream may be too heavy.

ETA: suburbanbushbabe, I agree that the scent of the BRBC is quite "lemony," though I do admit the citrus keeps the hair smelling fresh for a couple of days which is a plus.

Last edited by thisicannotdo; 11-05-2008 at 09:38 PM.
hehe! sbb, they had started using pthalates in the fragrance for the ohhb so qhem discontinued using that scent. believe me, i love the original but the next one worked fine for me. besides, the scent fades. but the other one did make your hair smell like honey!
Lady Hasytal in the Land of Product in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

[/B]
I hope you get it resolved without having to "ride out." I had a good customer service-related experience. For some reason, after five attempts, their website would not allow me to pay for my items using Paypal even though they clearly accept Paypal. The person who responded to me put the order together for me and sent me the invoice.
I've also had excellent customer service with Qhemet
i think someone at the post office might have played with your goodies
Last re.l.a.x.er: July 2006
First big chop: September 29th 2006
Several locking attemps
Second big chop: June 30th 2010
Thanks for the review. I've been mulling over the detangling ghee, honeybush gel and the honey balm. I may try those next. I ordered a sample of the heavy cream and found it too heavy, but a lot of people like it. Like SBB said, the products are very nice, though it takes a couple of weeks to get them.

Speaking of customer service, has anybody ordered Asha's recently? I ordered, like, three weeks ago and haven't heard or received anything, not even a confirmation. I emailed them and it bounced back. I checked the site last night just to make sure she was still in business and it looks like they are having a shipping sale this week, so I guess so...

Current Challenge: kinky & twisted! (ahem, two-strand twisted)
I reviewed Asha's customer service here:

Purchasing from Asha's
Thanks, Candi. I guess I'll just wait it out. The bright side is that I ordered via Paypal, so if it doesn't work out, I think I can get my money back. BTW: Which products did you end up liking?

I see you ordered from AG. I am expecting an order from her as well. My first order got lost in the mail, I guess, but the customer service has been good so far. Patiently waiting...