-   -   Fruitamin Conditioner (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/readers-product-reviews/60974-fruitamin-conditioner.html)

lazy loops 11-06-2008 10:58 AM

Fruitamin Conditioner

The devil on one shoulder suckered me into buying a Dollar Tree product due to seemingly good ingredients & a nice smell, as well as size (24 oz).

The angel on one shoulder was repeatedly told to shut up when it said I have enough conditioners.

SALON FORMULA
FRUITAMIN
CONDITIONER
STRENGTHENS, NOURISHES & BALANCES ALL HAIR TYPES
Olive oil-rich formula with sandalwood extract & minerals

FRUITAMIN'S SALON FORMULA CONDITIONER is a daily conditioner for clean, beautiful, healthy hair. this gentle formula won't build up, cause scalp irritation or damage your hair. Enriched with olive oil and olive leaf extract, this conditioner actually balances moisture levels in all hair types.

INGREDIENTS: Water (Aqua), Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Poliquaternium-11, Hydrolized Soy Protein, Olea Europaea (olive) Leaf Extract, Olea Europaea (olive) Fruit Oil, Stearalkonium Chloride, Behentrimonium Chloride, Santalum Album (sandalwood) Extract, Phellodendron Amurense bark Extract, Hordeum Distichon )barley) Extract, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Copper Gluconate, Manganese Gluconate, Zinc Gluconate, Plyquaternium-10, PPG-3 Benzyl Ether Myristate, Ceteareth-20, Glycerin, Sodium PCA, Amodimethicone, Trideceth-12, Butylene Glycol, Benzalkonium Chloride, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Fragrance, may contain Citric Acid.

Distributed and Manufaced by: Awesome Products Inc.
6370 Altura Blvd., Buena Park, CA 90620 * MADE IN U.S.A.
So I used it once last night & once again this morning.

It left my hair feeling clean, not squeaky or stripped like. It just wasn't moisturizing. :-|

So I guess this would be a perfect cleansing conditioner for someone who doesn't mind the one silicone that's low on the ingredient list, & who doesn't mind glycerin or proteins.

lazy loops 11-10-2008 08:50 AM

Huh. I had a 4 oz bottle of jojoba oil I didn't know what to do with since I switched to mixed oils.

So I used the conditioner's cap to measure out the oil & mixed it into the conditioner. It made it a little less cleansing.

I just added another cap full & will try the conditioner tomorrow morning to see if it's moisturizing.

If not, I'll add a third cap & if that doesn't work, I give up.

breezybaby 11-10-2008 04:47 PM

sometimes its better to just throw things away than to waste your time trying to make it work

lazy loops 11-10-2008 05:49 PM

Eh, :dontknow: I have a "3 strikes it's out or third time's a charm" rule. ;)

Fre3sia 11-12-2008 10:55 PM

Thank you for your review. I actually saw this product in a Dollar Tree store a few days ago, but convinced myself to do some research first. The ingredients looked okay, though. :neutral:

lazy loops 11-13-2008 08:40 AM

They sure look OK & smell OK, but after obviously using the recommended amount of jojoba oil (1 tablespoon) to the conditioner, it's still "cleaning" my hair versus moisturizing. :? I'm not adding a third cap.

It's out of here! :cya:

LOoPyOnE 11-24-2008 08:54 PM

terrible product

this product is horrible!!! bought it cuz i thought it was going to condition my hair. boy was i wrong!! it really should be taken off the market- or maybe that's why its at the dollar store, the other stores do not want anything to do with it.i couldnt even brush my hair after my shower or even run my fingers through. i had to rewash my hair to get the funk out of it.i will never buy anything from these people again.very bad.very bad. i guess you live and learn. do not buy this product.:ncool::mad:

lazy loops 11-25-2008 07:55 AM

Yeah, it makes me wonder what their shampoo is like. I almost bought a bottle for hubby who'd use dish soap if he wanted to. He's used regular old Dial, Irish Spring, etc., bar soap.