-   -   Deva Products Found....Re:Coil too - questions (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/readers-product-reviews/60983-deva-products-found-re-coil-too-questions.html)

TexasCurl 11-06-2008 12:19 PM

Deva Products Found....Re:Coil too - questions

I'm so stoked. I ran in a salon store near my work and they carry all the deva products. Now, they are a bit pricey; but I was excited just to see them in person.

I've read that some people love them and others hate them. The salon didn't have any sample sizes and I forgot to ask if I hate it can I return it.

Any suggestions of what I might want to try?

This place also had re:coil; I've read about it a little, but not a lot.

Are they really worth the price to pay? Or not really?

mdwileygrl 11-06-2008 12:47 PM

Hi, TC!
I have very long, coily, coarse, thick, heavy hair, and I really dislike Deva- makes my hair feel like straw. As you pointed out, however, some love it and some hate it - there really seems to be no in-between. If you'd like to try it, go to the Curlmart here on nc.com, and get the trial size Deva set - not so much dinero, and you'll find out if you like it.

BTW, I love re:coil bunches, and yes, it's worth the price!:happy10:

kathymack 11-06-2008 01:02 PM

I started with Deva, but feel there's tons of other fabulous products out there at this point. This place has the "travel kit" for $30. They used to have $1 shipping. You may want to start small. If you like it, you can get full sizes locally.

rudeechick 11-06-2008 02:52 PM

Thats TOO exciting!! Finding new products is great! Getting them retail is the BEST - no waiting, no shipping!!

My hair didnt like the Deva Products - but my hair doesnt like amodimethicone. The same goes for MagSulf, so my hair couldnt take the ReCoil.

But plenty on here love both.... Will they sample you any? Or maybe they have a liberal return policy??

Alternatively, maybe you could get samples on the swap boards - then if you loooove them, buy them retail!

DEL2C 11-06-2008 04:40 PM

in addition to the "cone" in the deva products there is also wheat protein and beeswax that may not agree with certain hair types.

TillyMunchyWaves 11-06-2008 04:55 PM

Re:Coil

Hey, I just got a tube of Re:Coil a few weeks ago, and so far I've had great results! (The avatar is from like my best hair day, and I used the Re:Coil that day.)

It has a pleasant grapefruit scent, and it's a light, viscous cream. It makes your curls tighter, more defined, and smooth.

I've always used it in conjunction with a gel on top, either HH totally twisted or Jessicurl RR.

I have really thick hair, so this doesn't bother me, but it does seem to decrease the volume of your hair a bit, but that may just be me because some days I admittedly do use a lot of product.

But I ordered Re:Coil w/out ever trying it and was happily surprised at how well it worked.

rudeechick 11-06-2008 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by ~TillyWave~ (Post 781725)

Lol. We curlies are as individual as fingerprints!

I have very thick hair and it made me a big puffball! My hair hates the MagSulf. Its great it works so well for you! Maybe you would like the JCRR and CC, they have Mag Sulf too.