Old 11-06-2008, 12:19 PM   #1

TexasCurl's Avatar

Join Date: May 2007
Default Deva Products Found....Re:Coil too - questions

I'm so stoked. I ran in a salon store near my work and they carry all the deva products. Now, they are a bit pricey; but I was excited just to see them in person.

I've read that some people love them and others hate them. The salon didn't have any sample sizes and I forgot to ask if I hate it can I return it.

Any suggestions of what I might want to try?

This place also had re:coil; I've read about it a little, but not a lot.

Are they really worth the price to pay? Or not really?
TexasCurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 12:47 PM   #2

Join Date: Jul 2007

Hi, TC!
I have very long, coily, coarse, thick, heavy hair, and I really dislike Deva- makes my hair feel like straw. As you pointed out, however, some love it and some hate it - there really seems to be no in-between. If you'd like to try it, go to the Curlmart here on nc.com, and get the trial size Deva set - not so much dinero, and you'll find out if you like it.

BTW, I love re:coil bunches, and yes, it's worth the price!
Waist length spirals - 3a/b
Fave co-wash: Suave Coconut
Fave shampoo: Batia & Aleeza, Chagrin Valley shampoo bars (once every 2 weeks)
Fave conditioner: Back to Basics green tea
DT: Curl Junkie banana/hibiscus
Styling: BotticelliBabe's gelee, brulee and butter - all natural and AWESOME!!!

mdwileygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 01:02 PM   #3

kathymack's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008

I started with Deva, but feel there's tons of other fabulous products out there at this point. This place has the "travel kit" for $30. They used to have $1 shipping. You may want to start small. If you like it, you can get full sizes locally.

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me
kathymack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 02:52 PM   #4

rudeechick's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2008

Thats TOO exciting!! Finding new products is great! Getting them retail is the BEST - no waiting, no shipping!!

My hair didnt like the Deva Products - but my hair doesnt like amodimethicone. The same goes for MagSulf, so my hair couldnt take the ReCoil.

But plenty on here love both.... Will they sample you any? Or maybe they have a liberal return policy??

Alternatively, maybe you could get samples on the swap boards - then if you loooove them, buy them retail!
Curls,Coils,Waves & WhatKnot
3miii/My HGs tame bulk&frizz/Give definition w/o crunch
My Photobucket Album
rudeechick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 04:40 PM   #5

DEL2C's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2008

in addition to the "cone" in the deva products there is also wheat protein and beeswax that may not agree with certain hair types.
Discovered CG 2007

Old 11-06-2008, 04:55 PM   #6

TillyMunchyWaves's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2008
Default Re:Coil

Hey, I just got a tube of Re:Coil a few weeks ago, and so far I've had great results! (The avatar is from like my best hair day, and I used the Re:Coil that day.)

It has a pleasant grapefruit scent, and it's a light, viscous cream. It makes your curls tighter, more defined, and smooth.

I've always used it in conjunction with a gel on top, either HH totally twisted or Jessicurl RR.

I have really thick hair, so this doesn't bother me, but it does seem to decrease the volume of your hair a bit, but that may just be me because some days I admittedly do use a lot of product.

But I ordered Re:Coil w/out ever trying it and was happily surprised at how well it worked.
Wavy, curly on the ends, 2C.
Coarse to medium textured, porous, dry, and lots of it.
Shampoo--HSH Pumpkin, Abba Pure Moisture
LVPNG, HSH Pumpkin, Walgreen's Knockoffs--Condish/Cowash
AOHR, Nexxus, EO--LI
CK & ReCoil--Activator
Suave Max Hold, Alagio Curl-Gel
For inquiring minds who want to know:
TillyMunchyWaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 05:18 PM   #7

rudeechick's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2008

Originally Posted by ~TillyWave~ View Post

Lol. We curlies are as individual as fingerprints!

I have very thick hair and it made me a big puffball! My hair hates the MagSulf. Its great it works so well for you! Maybe you would like the JCRR and CC, they have Mag Sulf too.
Curls,Coils,Waves & WhatKnot