Old 11-06-2008, 04:37 PM   #21

DEL2C's Avatar

Originally Posted by gemini12 View Post
I really like HESMU. The combo of HESMU over KCCC is one of my best combos so far--I get decent curls and little crunch.
I did this too and got decent results. The thing that turns me off about SMU is the SMELL. I had to buy this on a whim when Target was out of BRHG but it does have a decent hold. I just didn't like the smell mixed up with soap bars, kccc and SMU it was just tooooooooooo much! I like that BRHG is NO SMELL
I have, like, zero sense of smell.... so somethings gotta be STRONG (Like Boots) to get to me.
Well my 2nd day using SMU was N/G but hopefully it will be good for you.

AND I like the smell of Boots

DEL2C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 04:54 PM   #22

wavycurly40+'s Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2008

Wow, you mean there's something NEW for me to try that's cheap and readily available??? Whoo-hoo!

Usually, I read these threads and it's like, "Hey gals, I just found the PERFECT product.... unfortunately, it's distilled from the perspiration of endangered Andes goats. Once the perspiration is harvested, it has to be transported by llama, train, automobile and plane to the processing plant in Dakar. To get some, you can order from this website I found, pay $10,000 in shipping, and wait a month for its arrival. But it's worth it, really! You'll never have good hair again until you try it!!!"

Hee hee, just kidding everybody. Thanks for the tip, though!!!! I'm off to the drugstore!

Wurly and proud!
Modified CG since 2008.
wavycurly40+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 05:21 PM   #23

Originally Posted by DEL2C View Post
Well my 2nd day using SMU was N/G but hopefully it will be good for you.

AND I like the smell of Boots
How so??
Old 11-07-2008, 06:25 AM   #24

Default Day 2 Update

Ok. Well, I woke up and my hair looked.....

EXACTLY LIKE IT DID YESTERDAY

Naturally, being the typical curly that I am, I will reserve excitement to see if I can get this to happen a second time. But, for now, this is the most consistant 2nd day hair I have had since the summer.

Plus, today is a good "test" day as it is misty and rainy AND I am going for a run!
Old 11-07-2008, 06:44 AM   #25

xcptnl's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2005

Originally Posted by wavycurly40+ View Post

Ok..c'mon...spill - what is this product???

xcptnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 06:54 AM   #26

Old 11-07-2008, 06:59 AM   #27

U shouldnt laugh WHC. Its a very good product and well worth the shipping.

I was thinking of buying some of these magical goats and harvesting my own Goat Sweat.... My house is on a slope and I think NJ grass is quite healthy.... I could then sell the gel on line.

Old 11-07-2008, 07:07 AM   #28

MimsTX's Avatar

Send a message via Yahoo to MimsTX

Naturally, I would make no profit, once I recoup my initial investment....
lmao you guys have me snorting in my cubicle. Thank GOD no one's at work but me yet...
CG/Mod CG (soap bars) since 8/12/08
CO wash/Cond: Kathymack & Flowermoon Castille soap bars, V05 Chamomile Tea, Suave Ocean Breeze, Biolage Conditioning Balm
Styling loves: DIFFUSING! CK, KCNT, KCCC, FOTE (on dry hair only), Re:coil, Proclaim gel
Not sure about: Boots, Tweek, KBB Milk, DMHJ
HATE: plopping, FOTE on wet hair, BRHG
MimsTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 07:15 AM   #29

Originally Posted by MimsTX View Post

Naturally, I would make no profit, once I recoup my initial investment....
So that means you're hanging upside down then?

Old 11-07-2008, 07:18 AM   #30

MimsTX's Avatar

Send a message via Yahoo to MimsTX

*shifty eyes* noooooooooo... *stands back upright* NO idea what you're talking about.

Actually, the hair's pulled back today with my FABULOUS large flexi-8 that Onyx sent me which saved my life... :P

[/guano] sorry rudee!!!
CG/Mod CG (soap bars) since 8/12/08
Not sure about: Boots, Tweek, KBB Milk, DMHJ
HATE: plopping, FOTE on wet hair, BRHG
MimsTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 09:05 AM   #31

Originally Posted by MimsTX View Post

[/guano] sorry rudee!!!
never apologize to ME for a funny guano!
Old 11-07-2008, 09:18 AM   #32

Join Date: Sep 2008

So you gals are using gel in the winter? The Midwest gets pretty dry winter, and I think my hair is upset by it...(plus a whole mess of possible protein issues). How does that work?
3b/c, CG 9/18/08
Last process: 04/05/08 Big Chop: 08/08/09
Currently: Herbal Essences Hello Hydration, Herbal Essences Set Me Up gel (summer only), Boots Curl Creme (winter only)
onethousandcurls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 09:22 AM   #33

Join Date: Feb 2008

I need more hold in the winter than in the summer. In the summer, I get enough hold and frizz control from CK alone. In the winter, I add gel to my routine.

Old 11-07-2008, 09:34 AM   #34

Originally Posted by onethousandcurls View Post
This is a work in progress for me.

My summer HG was CO wash, Tigi MM, CK, BRHG or KCCC.

Then Fall came....pfffffftPOOF.

After much trial and error I am learning that MY hair needs less added mositure in winter (???go figure)
Now I use Poo Bars (thanks Del2C)
A light Rinse out
and JUST gel..... The gels I have like best for this so far have been (in order of prefernence) 1. HESMU 2. Boots (w some B&A) 3. BRHG
Old 11-07-2008, 10:08 AM   #35

Join Date: Sep 2008

I tried the HE TT gel again today. I'm really liking it. I co-washed, used KBB hair milk as a rinse out, KBB nectar as my leave-in, scrunched some Boots, then scrunched TT over it. The TT is definitely a lighter hold and when I was diffusing, I noticed there wasn't much crunch at all so I got scared and scrunched in a little SMU over it. That combo gave me nice clumpy curls/waves that I don't usually get. I just hope it keeps up for me.
Mod CG since 9/08

CaliforniaWavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 01:18 PM   #36

BrewCrewGrl's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2008

I just bought the HESMU gel after reading Del's post about getting it instead of BRHG. I like it so much better than BRHG , I get much less crunch and my curls are bigger, BRHG makes them kind of stringy. Plus I also use HESMU spray, when I am about 50% diffused I stop and spray it on, then continue diffusing until about 90% dry. It keeps my canopy from getting frizzy. Read that in another post somewhere around here .

The bond with a true dog is as lasting as the ties of this earth can ever be- Konrad Lorenz
BrewCrewGrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 02:30 PM   #37

Default Day 3 Update

Yup.. Got it, day 3 hair. In addition, it needed the LEAST tweeking of any day 3 hair I have gotten since the summer!!

Am gonna try it again when I wash later; am crossing my fingers!

Confession: I admit to picking up the HEBE in Wegmans yesterday... I gotta see if its as good or better!
Old 11-09-2008, 02:06 PM   #38

Default Updated Update!

Used the HESMU again today - but totally differently.

The first time I used Poo Bar, Bit of Tigi MM, scrunched the gel in, air dried 1 hour then diffused. Great hair - 2nd and 3rd day as well!

Today I washed with DW, used a teeny bit of VO5 Vanilla mint rinse out, scrunched in the gel and diffused immediately. I'm loving this hair! Such consistant texture. Will see what tomorrow brings.....