Ohm Body-Sweet Hair Pudding

There was a thread going about this recently. Being the PJ that I am, I decided to take the plunge! So glad that I did. For those that were interested in this product, here's what I thought:

3c-4a; Protein Sensitive(forms of wheat, keratin, soy and anything "hydrolyzed"). My hair hates coconut oil and jojoba oil(sometimes).
Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/teshonandfamily

Last edited by teshon; 11-07-2008 at 07:27 PM.
Great video! I'm not sure it's unfortunate that it has castor oil, so I can't use it, LOL!!

Great. This is on my list of products to try, but I'm waiting for my WSP (which I'll have to write to them about, as it has been a while).
I'm also going to try out the avocado hair custard.
Thanks ladies! I was so tempted to order the Avocado Hair Custard, but I didn't know what this ingredient was:

Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride

Is this some kind of protein? Kathy, when I use pure Castor oil all over my entire head it makes my hair frizzy, but soft. It works like a gel for me with it's thick consistency, in that I can slick my hair back and it protects my edges from breakage. The shine that I get from it is insane! I didn't have that problem with the Castor in the Sweet Hair Pudding, though. Nope, no frizzies. Sairis, kudos to you for mentioning this product. Lovin' it!
Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/teshonandfamily
Teshon, you have some PRETTY hair. Mine is perpetually frizzy and I think it's b/c I am both prone to frizz and I have some texturized hair, so I'm done with the chemicals cause it seems I can't win.I just have to learn to love the "poof." I wish my corkscrews would behave. I have tried the wet set pudding by CBSS, and I liked it but my hair was still a little frizzy. You say the ohm sweet pudding has less hold? I'd like to try it, but I'm not sure that would work for me. But I really appreciate youtube reviews--especially the one where you combine qhemet's OHHB with FOTE---both of which are already in my cabinet. And here I was agaonizing over the shipping cost of ordering more CBSS--thanks!! Keep up the good work!

ETA: Teshon, have you ever tried kinky-curly? If so, how does it compare to the OSHP? I have had some success w/KCCC, but I usually apply either too little or too much so I was hoping to avoid the crunchiness. And what are your thoughts on Donna Marie's Coco pudding?

Last edited by thisicannotdo; 11-08-2008 at 01:24 AM.

Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride

Originally Posted by teshon
Aren't we lucky we have Sairis finding these natural products for us to try--without her, I wouldn't have found my DM!

Found this:
Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride is an oily liquid made from coconut oil. In cosmetics and personal care products, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride is used in the formulation of lipstick, eye makeup, foundations, blushers, perfumes, moisturizers, suntan and sunscreen products and many other products.

Teshon, I've had issues with castor oil in products in the past. I used the Komaza Coconut Pudding I received as an extra in a swap. My hair was a mess. It took me 3 soap bar poos, two Dairy whip poos, a low poo and finally a clay mask to rid my hair of the consequences! When I used the CV honey butter bar--my hair was a dry, frizzy mess. I have since introduced bars with shea--no problem. And yesterday ventured to using a bar with avocado oil--no problem. Castor oil is not my friend, LOL!

Yes...it does, but there's not a significant difference. As with the WSHP, I still got presentable 2nd day hair. I'm guessing that the Sweet Hair Pudding offers less hold because it contains more oils to offset the AV. The application of the SHP is effortless! No need to compensate for slip with this product. It's an "all in one". WSHP can be a bit rough going on, thus causing frizz. Unless used with another product that will give it slip.

Awwww....thanks so much!(blush) I wanted to make Youtubes that would be helpful that others could benefit from. It's been so difficult for me to find products, so if there's a great find or combo, I want to share I'm motivated to make information readily available so that others with protein sensitivities or in general won't have to struggle as much.

The answer to your question is...yes. I have tried Kinky-Curly. I was on the fence about it for a couple of weeks before I decided to give it up. The most common problems associated with KCCC such as the tricky application and stickyness was not a problem for me, but the dry time was. Although, it does get softer after a period of time, it gave my hair the hardest of holds. In short, the KCCC worked like a normal gel for me...nothin' earth shattering that I can't get from using a curly pudding with a quarter of the dry time sans the frizz.

And what are your thoughts on Donna Marie's Coco pudding?

I haven't tried it yet, but I look forward to doing so.
Originally Posted by thisicannotdo
Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/teshonandfamily

Last edited by teshon; 11-08-2008 at 12:26 PM.
Your description of the way your hair reacts to Castor is identical to what I experience when I use Coconut oil. I guess I'll be crossing that Avocado Hair Custard off the list. Very rarely does a product containing Coconut or anything "derived from coconut" work for me. Thanks for the info, but I think I'll stick with my strawberry smoothie...Lol!
Originally Posted by teshon
I watched your video. Thanks for the info. It really does look like a strawberry smoothie. Yum Yum!!
Mostly 3A/Some 3B Thick/Dry/Colored/SL
Loving natural products. Some of my favorites are:
MHC Scalp Cleanser, Donna Marie Miracurl Gelly, Robert Craig Conditioner
Teshon, thanks for the comment about the fragrance in your Youtube, otherwise I would have clicked buy! It looks like good stuff but for the fragrance. Maybe they'll make a fragrance free version.
My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/

Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.

Originally Posted by teshon
Great video teshon! Thanks for posting. You've got gorgeous curls btw.

I also watched your video with the av gel mixed with the Qhemet olive honey balm which was very fun. I too have the WSP, but I have to watch it with the glycerin. Too much and my curls get stringy. Does the Qhemet balm contain any glycerin? I have looked on the Qhemet website and cannot find standard ingredient lists for any of their products.

Originally Posted by teshon
hi teshon its starg from you tube thank you for the review im going to try this,even though my credit card is still screaming from all my kbb purchases lol.and it looks just yummy,you haven't steered me wrong yet. off to look at the site.
Smells like one, too! The ingredients list says it has wild cherry extract and fragrance blend(?). I'm horrible with scents, so I had my daughter smell it and we agreed that there's definitely a hint of strawberry.

I hope that with enough requests this may very well be an option. I would hate for those that are sensitive to fragrance to miss out on such a great product. I like fruity scents, so this was right up my alley. It's the perfumey ones that give me a headache. Unlike KBB scents, it does linger. Not so much in my hair but everything that touches it.

Great video teshon! Thanks for posting. You've got gorgeous curls btw.

I also watched your video with the av gel mixed with the Qhemet olive honey balm which was very fun. I too have the WSP, but I have to watch it with theglycerin. Too much and my curls get stringy. Does the Qhemet balm contain any glycerin? I have looked on the Qhemet website and cannot find standard ingredient lists for any of their products.
Yes, but I think the make up is more honey than anything else. Here's the ingredients:

Pure Olive Oil, Pure Sesame Oil, Pure Grapeseed Oil, Vegetable Glycerin, Vegetable Emulsifier, Pure Wildflower Honey, MSM Sulfur, Vitamin E, Fragrance.

starg2008, you're too funny!!! Thanks for watching, ladies!

Originally Posted by teshon
Does the smell resemble V05 Strawberries and Cream except on a higher level? And the scent lingers and lingers and lingers??? Is the type that if I enter the bathroom an hour later, I will still smell the Sweet Pudding? Does it smell artificial or more of natural strawberries?

I have the KBB nectar in pomegranate guava and find it too strong...if you have smelled this one, how does the Sweet Pudding compare?

Thanks!
Would you believe that it's been so long since I experimented with V05 Strawberries and Cream, that I don't remember what it smells like? To me, it smells more like fresh strawberries. Think strawberry milk shake from Jack In The Box or Sonic....Lol!

I've smelled a few KBB scents, but not the Pomegranate Guava. I've done the Honey Oatmeal, Hibiscus, Coco Mango, Chamomile Sage, and Cranberry Cocktail. They're all more perfume-ish than the scent of the Sweet Hair Pudding, more artificial like the fragrances at Bath & Body Works. OTOH, The Sweet Hair Pudding scent makes me want to eat it up!

Everyone does interpret scents differently, but what I meant by "it does linger" is the day that I applied it to my hair, I went to bed that night and the next day my pillow, hair bonnet both smelled of strawberry smoothie. The scent lasted for as long as I wore the product in my hair, but only in the things that touched it directly....not in the bathroom where I applied it. HTH!

Last edited by teshon; 11-09-2008 at 06:01 PM. Reason: clarity
Thanks Teshon,

Where did you buy it?
Life shrinks or expands according to one's courage. Anais Nin

KBB scents are way too strong for me.
My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/

Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
Thanks Teshon,

Where did you buy it?
Originally Posted by Windflower
I ordered it at http://www.afrokinks.com/index.htm , but at the time when I placed my order I didn't know which formulation I was going to get exactly. Sairis pointed out that the ingredients posted for the Sweet Hair Pudding at Afrokinks didn't match the ingredients posted on the Sistas Place web site. Once I received the product from Afrokinks, I brought this to their attention and it has now been corrected.
Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/teshonandfamily
I also e-mailed the site and got the list from the creator of the line herself. It's definitely the list on sistasplace.
I went to order from the Ohm official site, but I did find the shipping to be steep. It's $15 for both. Not outrageous, but it's a little tempting to order from other sites. I think I'll still go with the official site though, since there is a better chance of getting a freshly made batch of product.
The site is: goingohm.com
I went to her site...where did you find the shipping information? Her site is a bit confusing to me.

What products did you order?