Old 11-11-2008, 08:52 AM   #21

finch's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2008

I haven't used KCCC yet, but I used the methods in mf's video, and I have had the best hair day yet. Product matters, of course, but technique is important too, as evidenced by the results I got this morning using mf's technique with just HEBE and istyle gel and nothing else.
Medium texture, normal-high porosity, wavy-curly 2c to 3a-ish hair that is MOISTURE HUNGRY!!!
Currently recovering from a protein hair crisis. My hair hates protein, apparently.

finch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 12:32 PM   #22

mrl234's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2008

My results are much better today than they have been. I used maybe two (small) pea-sized drops, and I have fine-to-medium textured, extremely thick chin-length hair. It doesn't feel producty today. I also don't have the best curl definition or hold I've ever had, either. But it's very soft and shiny, only moderately frizzy, and the curl and wave definition is alright. I haven't been using any gel or anything else along with it, though I might try that eventually.

Originally Posted by CurlyHairedFarmer View Post
Originally Posted by ReddishRocks View Post
Originally Posted by CurlyHairedFarmer View Post

Its feeling producty in my hair as well.
Out of curiosity, what is your hair texture? I'm on a texture kick at the moment. I have probably twice as much hair as you do, and my hair needs a ton of moisture. I'm coarse, although I thought I was medium before... my hair seems to soak up the KCCC, and although I get a lot of crunch (might be my FOTE though), I don't feel producty. I use a quarter size in each of my four sections.
I have fine/medium hair that is super thick.

fia 2C/3A-F-iii, sensitive to some proteins
CGish since 10-16-08
Low-poo: Yes to Carrots Daily Pampering Shampoo (1-2x/week)
Rinse outs: Yes to Carrots Pampering Mud Conditioner
Styling: a little bit of leave in and a little bit of KCCC, diffusing
Olive oil DTs, honey rinses in the summer
mrl234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 05:30 PM   #23

CurlyinColorado's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2007

I have experimented with this quite a bit and STILL haven't gotten the right combo yet. I have fine curls and longer hair, which means my curl pattern needs hold. KCCC, provides the curl but not the body and volume I'm always seeking.

I've tried it with gel on top, tried a little, tried a lot. Tomorrow, I'm going to use my BRHG on top, squish with microfiber towel, let dry and use N&S to scrunch crunch - thanks for the video,! If that combo doesn't work, I'm done. Until next time of course.
2b/3a.
CurlyinColorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 11:07 AM   #24

DEL2C's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2008

Originally Posted by CurlyinColorado View Post

I'm not sure if you're co-washing but I'm finding I need to cut back on moisture in my wash lately. You might want to try a gentle low poo and see if that helps with the KCCC combo.
Discovered CG 2007

Old 11-12-2008, 11:52 AM   #25

Gemini13's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2006

So I bought a sample of this and got to try it for the first time today.

I used a bit of Curls Milkshake and then applied the KCCC- I used about 3 pea-sized blobs. I used some BRHG on top.

So far I'm having just an "eh" hair day. It looks ok. Obviously I'm going to have to experiment with this- maybe it'll work better over another leave-in, or maybe I used too much KCCC, or too little? We'll see...
Brooklyn, NY

Hair: 3A/B, Underlayer of 2B
HG products:
Winter- Giovanni Tea Tree (co-wash) & 50/50 (condish); Curl Junkie Curl Assurance Leave-In; Curls Milkshake & Quenched Curls; Re:coil; BRHG
Summer: DevaCurl No Poo & OneC; CK; Re:coil; BRHG; Honey!!!

fotki pw= crrrls
Gemini13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 01:00 PM   #26

ewenique's Avatar

Join Date: May 2007

I've been experimenting, too. I've tried it after brushing CK through. Used about 2 dime sized blobs of KCCC, then brushed that through and scrunched before plopping and diffusing. Nice curls that lost definition as the day progressed. I did get good 2nd & third day hair after spritzing and scrunching with a FOTE/water spray.

Today I brushed in KBB nectar, then the KCCC, then scrunched a bit of SMU in before plopping and diffusing. Nice curls again, but the humidity is a higher and frizz started, so I smoothed CK over the canopy. Looks pretty good!

I've used larger blobs of KCCC other days, but it felt producty. I've tried it with Recoil, but noticed more frizz. I'm still on the fence about this product and will use up my sample before deciding whether to purchase a tub.
2C wavy with some spirals. CG since April 07. Medium texture and porosity.
COs: Yes to Cucumbers

Old 11-13-2008, 08:36 AM   #27

Join Date: Mar 2005

Originally Posted by Gemini13 View Post
So I bought a sample of this and got to try it for the first time today.

Is BRHG a gel? Perhaps try the KCCC without the BRHG? I like KCCC with Karen Body Beautiful Hair Nectar as a leave-in. KCCC with V05 strawberries and cream is nice.

I thought KCCC is a gel/styler, so I don't understand why people put other gels/stylers on top of it. Wouldn't that be too much?
Life shrinks or expands according to one's courage. Anais Nin
Zinnia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 11:16 AM   #28

Gemini13's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2006

Originally Posted by Windflower View Post
Originally Posted by Gemini13 View Post
So I bought a sample of this and got to try it for the first time today.

Yes, BRHG is a gel. I have no idea if KCCC is supposed to be a gel or just a curl enhancer. But I've seen other posters say they need a gel on top of it- I need a lot of hold so I figured it would work best for me that way too.

So far I'm having much better results today. I used Curls Quenched Curls Moisturizer under the KCCC and BRHG on top. This time I used a good deal more KCCC than I did yesterday, probably three times as much (so, maybe 3 nickel-sized blobs or so).

I'm getting much better curl formation and much less frizz than I did yesterday. I'm a little flat at the roots but then I was in a rush this morning and had a little less time to plop and clip before I left for work.

I still wouldn't say it's giving me spectacular results I can't get from other products but I'll play around with it some more. Also, it's raining today, and if it holds up in the rain- well, that surely will be something special.
Brooklyn, NY

Hair: 3A/B, Underlayer of 2B
HG products:
Summer: DevaCurl No Poo & OneC; CK; Re:coil; BRHG; Honey!!!

fotki pw= crrrls
Gemini13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 10:20 AM   #29

Join Date: Mar 2005

Originally Posted by CurlyinColorado View Post

I'm in the same boat as you; fine long hair that requires hold. I've tried teh BRHG and it wast still a no go for me. I dont want to give up b/c i like definition and love the smell. If you figure out the trick, clue me in on your secret.
Amy