Old 11-08-2008, 12:55 PM   #1

Default using KCCC

Today I used KCCC and didn't have the greatest results, but that was partially due to the fact that I rushed out the door and didn't spend a lot of time styling it. I want to make sure I'm getting the most out of it possible since I spent 20 bucks on it and I've heard such great reviews. When you use KCCC, do you use another gel or something with it, or what? How do you use it, when do you apply it, etc.?

Old 11-08-2008, 01:20 PM   #2

Send a message via AIM to CurlyHairedFarmer

I just used it for the first time. My hair is still in a plop so I have no idea how it will turn out. However, a lot of the girls seem to use a small amount of gel over the KCCC to give it some extra hold.

Shampoo: CJ Gentle Cleansing Shampoo, Giovanni 50:50

Conditioners - CJ Strengthening, CJ Beauticurls Argan and Olive Oil, CJ Smoothing, CJ Rehab, CJ Curl Fix

Deep Conditioner: CJ Hibiscus and Banana Deep Fix

Stylers -CJ Curl Queen, CJ CCCC Lite, CJ CIAB, CJ Pattern Pusha, Paul Mitchell Sculpting Foam, Mop-C Curl Defining Cream, BRHG, KCCC
Old 11-08-2008, 02:11 PM   #3

angela3213's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 1969

I've had great results. I squeeze some water out, apply the leave in and custard. Then either air dry. Or dry with a table top dryer and diffuser. I put how I do it in my signature block too.
About once a week - Condition with Curls Milkshake. Comb in Kinky Curly Leave In Conditioner & Kinky Curly Curling Custard after squeezing most of the water out of my hair. Use table top dryer for 10 minutes. Use diffuser for 10 minutes.
Daily - Lightly wet hair. Comb in a little Kinky Curly Curling Custard if needed. Use table top dryer for a few minutes or let air dry.
Shampoo - Only before straightening.
angela3213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 06:16 PM   #4

AprilnUtah's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2008

This thread has a video that Mysteryflavored made showing how she uses KCCC. Many of us use this method with great success:
Kinky-Curly styling video
April
3a/b, med texture, med porosity, low dews

AprilnUtah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 06:36 PM   #5

Join Date: Nov 2006

DEFINATELY watch mysteryflavoreds video, and less is always more. I need very little to get results. I like the curl enhancement I get from it, but not necessarily the way my hair feels. It just felt too producty to me.

Ingredients Maven
Products: Free and Clear sulfate free poo and condish, Theraneem Sulfate Free Shampoo/Condish, Unscented SSCEJ, Coconut oil, Camellia oil, Argan oil
Old 11-09-2008, 02:31 AM   #6

Old 11-09-2008, 07:03 AM   #7

Its feeling producty in my hair as well.
Glad to know it's not just me....

Old 11-09-2008, 07:37 AM   #8

Its feeling producty in my hair as well.
Glad to know it's not just me....
Its definitely not, my second day hair feels disgusting right now. I only dipped two fingers into the tub and took a small amount. Maybe I am just not using it right.

Old 11-09-2008, 08:35 AM   #9

Join Date: Oct 2008

Thanks for that video! What happened yesterday is I used too much and didn't fluff my roots up enough, so my roots were kind of flat, and I had nice curls and waves throughout my hair but they were super super crunchy. I'll have to try it the way she did.

Old 11-09-2008, 10:18 AM   #10

Join Date: Jul 2008

I'm still experimenting with KCCC, and I haven't used it with a gel yet. This morning in the shower I did my final rinse upside down, and with my head still upside down, I squeezed out some of the excess water, raked/scrunched in a small amount of Giovanni DLI followed by an even smaller amount of KCCC. Then I blotted with a t-shirt, flipped my head up & scrunched a little more, and diffused for about 10 minutes. My hair is still a little damp, but so far, so good.
Baby fine 2c/3a...modified CG since 07/30/08 & lovin' it so far
Curlywaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 10:42 AM   #11

Originally Posted by Curlywaves View Post
Let us know. I might have to try this.

Old 11-09-2008, 11:00 AM   #12

AprilnUtah's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2008

If it's feeling producty, you're using too much. I had a big learning curve on this one. I have thick, shoulder length hair and I use about 4 pea size drops - one on each side, one on top and one in back. That amount gives me the results without the producty feeling, so play with your amounts taking into consideration how much hair you have.
April
3a/b, med texture, med porosity, low dews

AprilnUtah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 11:24 AM   #13

Originally Posted by Curlywaves View Post
Let us know. I might have to try this.
It's dry now, and it looks pretty good. Nice shine and volume with lots of curl definition, and I didn't have to scrunch out the crunch.

I have short hair (I think my longest layer is about chin-length) that's thin and fine. I rubbed the pad of my index finger over the KCCC a couple of times so that I had a thin layer of it on my finger, emulsified it a little between my hands & raked/scrunched it over my whole head. That seems to be the perfect amount for me. Any more than that and I get producty, stringy waves that looks horrible.
Baby fine 2c/3a...modified CG since 07/30/08 & lovin' it so far
Curlywaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 12:38 PM   #14

Join Date: Oct 2008

It is better today but still on the crunchy side. I'm going to have to keep practicing; I think I'm still using too much and it's weighing my hair down a little bit.

Old 11-10-2008, 05:15 PM   #15

Join Date: Jul 2006

I love the KCCC but it's taken awhile to come up with a fool proof application for my 3a, fine but thick, shortish hair. Right now I'm getting consistent results by brushing a light to moderate amount of KCCC through wet hair, shaking my head to loosen it from my scalp, air drying for a 1/2 hour or so and then scrunching in a small amount of gel. I just quckly scrunch it through...nothing like what mysteryflavored does. More extensive scrunching might help but I'm happy with the results as is. I just let my hair air dry after that but I suppose you could diffuse a bit which I'll probably try now that it's getting cold.

M
memes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 05:55 PM   #16

Join Date: May 2008

If anybody reading this thread has totally given up on KCCC< please PM me. I would LOVE to trade for or buy your KCCC. Please!
"Well I love that dirty water. Oh, Boston, you're my home!"
newcurly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 06:23 PM   #17

P-NUTCurlz's Avatar

Originally Posted by AprilnUtah View Post
I have to agree there is a learning curve with this stuff...You can definitely use too much and feel producty. My hair is very thick, coarse and dries up to my bra strap and I only use about tsp and scrunch like mysteryflavored's video. I need use to a small bit of gel to hold but I get great curl definition very little crunch..I don't use much of the knot today either maybe a tsp.
P-Nut Still researching
3(ABC)??? very coarse, protein & glycerin sensitve,
CO Wash: Suave Coconut, VO5 MM
CO: AOHR, KCKT,
Style: KCCC, BRHG, Love this combo!-AOMM
Experimenting with ACV (so far so good), honey!!! (love it), Waiting to try:Phyto, KBB,RC...My hair hates CK...unless I am using it wrong...
P-NUTCurlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 10:33 PM   #18

ReddishRocks's Avatar

Its feeling producty in my hair as well.
Out of curiosity, what is your hair texture? I'm on a texture kick at the moment. I have probably twice as much hair as you do, and my hair needs a ton of moisture. I'm coarse, although I thought I was medium before... my hair seems to soak up the KCCC, and although I get a lot of crunch (might be my FOTE though), I don't feel producty. I use a quarter size in each of my four sections.

Hair is best when wabi-sabi.
2b/2c at this length, more 3a when shorter
M/C ii

Mod CG: Sept 08
Using: Suave co-wash, GVP Conditioning Balm, Lustrasilk OOC, MGA, BRHG
Humectants: @ dew point 40+
My blog for dry climate curlies and growing out a pixie: Colorado Curly
ReddishRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 06:11 AM   #19

Join Date: Nov 2006

Nope, it's just my hair. I have thick shoulder length hair too and I used two pea sized drops and felt producty!!!

Originally Posted by AprilnUtah View Post

Old 11-11-2008, 06:42 AM   #20

Originally Posted by ReddishRocks View Post

Its feeling producty in my hair as well.
I have fine/medium hair that is super thick.