istyle by samy curl spray gel for 2c hair

I tried this stuff after reading a rave review by xxmisschrisxx and seeing the pics of her lovely curls, and I am pleased to report that I got the same results!

Shine, bounce, and more curl than I've ever seen in my hair. We'll see if the honeymoon lasts, but so far I am really pleased.
Medium texture, normal-high porosity, wavy-curly 2c to 3a-ish hair that is MOISTURE HUNGRY!!!
Currently recovering from a protein hair crisis. My hair hates protein, apparently.

I have the Samy I'm Twisted spray gel (pink bottle, is this the one you tried?) and was liking it in the humid weather. I haven't thought to use it lately.

It has glycerin and castor oil in it. I've read other curlies don't like those ingredients but they seem to enhance curl for me.
I absolutely ADORE this gel, I thought for sure it was going to be my HG, it was giving me the best hair ever. After using daily for about 2 weeks, my hair started feeling super gross, I think it was due to the castor oil. I decided to take a break from it for a few days, then retry it, cutting it with some FOTE. Crossing my fingers that I can work it back into my rotation!

Originally Posted by Wiggilyhair
Yep, that's the one. My hair is protein sensitive, so will castor oil mess it up?

Originally Posted by jlpmom23
Uh oh. Okay, well, I'll have to remember that. I have been using HEBE, which has given me okay results. I guess I could cut it with HEBE or just alternate HEBE days with istyle days.