Africa's Best Organics Texture My Way Curl Keeper Moisturizing Hair Lotion

This product is around 4 bucks and defines my 3c curls very well. It is a thick creamy texture, smells delightful (kind of fruity), and a little goes a long way (too much will leave your hair sticky with lots of residue). I use it after I've co-washed on wet hair. It holds like a gel yet conditions like a cream (it even keeps my hair under control in humid weather).

Ingredients

Water - Aqua , Propylene Glycol , Polyquaternium-37 , Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate , PPG-1 Trideceth-6 , Panax Ginseng Root Extract , Hydrolyzed Soy Protein , Silk Amino Acids , Soybean Oil - Glycine Soja , Glycerin , Dimethicone , Cetyl Alcohol , Stearalkonium Chloride , Acrylamidopropyltrimonium Chloride/Acrylamide Copo , Lanolin Oil , PEG-40 , DMDM Hydantoin , Corn Oil - Zea Mays , BHT , BHA , Methylparaben , Propylparaben , Fragrance - Parfum , Red No. 33 , Blue No. 1

Originally Posted by sistahmaryisis
Dimethicone is not water soluble, so if you're not clarifying, you're going to get buildup. Cowashing won't remove it, and neither will vinegar rinses or baking soda - it takes sulfates to remove. I'd stay away from it if you're not clarifying regularly.
BB

BSL/Mid Back, thick 3a/b

Botticelli Botanicals Meringue
Botticelli Botanicals Smoothie
Botticelli Botanicals Styling Mudd w/ double avocado oil and double agave
Botticelli Botanicals Lime in the Coconut Butter

Originally Posted by BotticelliBabe
Even though dimethicone isn't water soluable, it can normally be removed with cocobetaine which is found in most conditioners. Even Jessicurl's HCC has cocobetaine in it.

I still try to avoid silicones, but if it isn't near the top, there aren't a number of different kinds in the one product and I don't use it everyday, I don't find I get any buildup. I won't use the 'xane' ones though. I find them the worst of all.

HTH

Originally Posted by BotticelliBabe

HTH
Originally Posted by FrizzBgone
Do you mean in most low-poos? Because conditioners typically won't have that ingredient, and Jessicurl HCC is a low-poo.
OMG, LOOK!!