View Poll Results: How long do you try a product line/method before deciding to keep it or dump it?
One time 2 20.00%
A week 5 50.00%
2 weeks 2 20.00%
1 month 1 10.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Poll: Trying New Products

How long do you try a new product line/method before deciding to stick with it or dump it?
If I'm really going to do proper testing for myself, I will try it for about a week in different ways. If it doesn't work, I put it away and will try it again during a different season to see if it works better then before getting rid of it. Of course, I've been known to hold onto things forever determined to make them work because I'm a bonehead.
http://public.fotki.com/msgiblet/ - pw: gibber -- Pics Added 7/10/11
Fine, Thick, Normal Porosity, Normal Elasticity

Countess Balashi of Divi Beach in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

If I'm Going To Have A Bad Hair Day, It Might As Well Be In Aruba!

i say a few months if it doesn't work in the summer i save it in the winter basket. if it doesn't work then i get rid of it or find an alternative use if i can. im a pj i try to let nothing go to waste.
A week with different combo's then like MsG said I wait for the season change and try again.
mostly 3a/i/F
Modified CG since Feb 2008
Rotating a lot!
Blog: http://amy51373.blogspot.com/
I didn't vote. I usually know the first time I use something if it has a future. I may try it in different ways, with different product or technique--if I see potential. If I don't, I move it on.

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Marie Dean Leave Ins and Curl Creams
if a product works well, you can see and feel it the first time you use it.

for me, if a product isn't working, i'll try to play around with it for a week or two and then get rid of it. There's no sense in keeping a no-good product around for longer than that.
3a/3b/3c hair all on one head

Coconut oil
Honey
Shea butter
Depends on the product:

Shampoos and conditioners - one use is enough.
Leave-ins/stylers and gels: 3-6 uses

But...my hair changes over time. Things like butters, oils and glycerin-based products that I couldn't use 1-2 years ago, my hair loves now. It used to love protein treatments - hates them now.
My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/

Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.