-   -   Burts Bees? (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/readers-product-reviews/62044-burts-bees.html)

Peeech 11-19-2008 08:01 AM

Burts Bees?

Has anyone had great luck with the Burts Bees shampoos, conditioners, and leave-ins? Is their line completely CG? Im looking into trying their products but Im unsure.
Thanks!

egyptiancurls89 11-19-2008 09:46 AM

i love burts bees! i especially like their shiny grapefruit conditioner and hair repair shea and grapefruit deep conditioner...they are both cg....i haven't tried their shampoos coz i dont shampoo lol....but iv tried almost everything else...and i love them :love5:

egyptiancurls89 11-19-2008 09:48 AM

o btw i dont think they have a leave in :)

Peeech 11-19-2008 09:58 AM

Ok, I will give them a try! Thanks!

lazy loops 11-19-2008 10:20 AM

I've disliked every one of their hair products.

The coconut or olive oil pre-shampoo thing was like putting axle grease on my hair that a clarifying shampoo, used 2 - 3 times finally removed.

I can't remember the shampoo names, but they made my hair feel stripped raw.

And the conditioners (also don't remember the names) weren't moisturizing at all.

In case it was just my hair not liking them, it's on the fine texture & medium thickness side. It's also 3a.

WurlyLox 11-19-2008 10:46 AM

I've used the grapefruit and sugar beet shampoo and conditioner and the grapefruit and shea deep treatment. The only one my hair halfway likes is the deep treatment, and then only when I don't care what it looks like later. It makes my hair too soft but not especially well conditioned. It does smell good, though.

Gave the shampoo and conditioner to my straight-haired mother since I found them too drying. IDK how she likes them yet.

EponaBlackhorse 11-19-2008 12:51 PM

Yeah, for the price I don't think the products are worth it. The only one I could somewhat use was the grapefruit/shea deep treatment but there are much better products out there.

klloydmajestic 11-19-2008 03:19 PM

I really like the pre-shampoo deep treatment. It's very thick and concentrated, so I cut it with some olive oil to make it easier to apply. I personally don't use shampoo (CG), but I use the rosemary shampoo bar on my dogs and it works great!

Starmie 11-20-2008 06:54 AM

I've got the raspberry and brazil nut conditioner but I don't like it much. It's called "more moisture" but I'd beg to differ. Someone posted about it a little while ago and said it's got a fair bit of protein in it which is probably why my hair doesn't like it much. I'm managing to use it up by only using it once a week or so but I wouldn't bother with it again, esp for the price.

Peeech 11-20-2008 07:34 AM

So protein isnt good for curly hair? I thought our hair is make from proteins so its good to put some on there.

curlymaybe 11-20-2008 07:44 AM

Protein is good for hair; it strengthens, repairs damage, and helps with curl retention. Some curlies need less protein than others, and different proteins react different ways for people. It's an individual thing.

curlymaybe 11-20-2008 07:48 AM

I like the grapefruit and shea DT, but it is one of the few Burt's Bees products I can use. I just put my tube of the pre-poo treatment up on the swap board.I had a terrible allergic reaction to it.

egyptiancurls89 11-20-2008 01:57 PM

you know i totally should have added that even though i do <3 burt's bees i also think there are much better products out there....i love them but i REALLY LOVE recoil and kbb......kbb especially....have you tried those products? what exactly are you looking for?

Peeech 11-20-2008 02:12 PM

Im new to this whole CG thing so I am just looking for all natural products that are CG. I figure the less chemicals and junk in it, the better it will be for my hair and for my body. I recently found a few conditioners at my local TJ Maxx that seem to be high end, all natural, and CG! I cant wait to try them out.

egyptiancurls89 11-20-2008 02:20 PM

oo ok thats cool! well ill tell you from experience....kbb stuff is great....the shampoos and conditioners and stylers....like i have never had my hair more curly and silky in my life since using kbb stuff! i know ordering offline can suck....at least for me lol but man...it has been sooo worth it!! kbb stuff is all natural and cg, not one thing bad for ya ;)

DEL2C 11-29-2008 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by Peeech (Post 795342)
Thanks!

I liked their Grapefruit and Sugar Beet Shampoo, there aren't a lot of Low poos out there other than Giovanni 50/50 that I can buy at the drug store. I think it's reasonably priced you don't need a lot of it to get a nice lather :)