Burts Bees?

Has anyone had great luck with the Burts Bees shampoos, conditioners, and leave-ins? Is their line completely CG? Im looking into trying their products but Im unsure.
Thanks!
i love burts bees! i especially like their shiny grapefruit conditioner and hair repair shea and grapefruit deep conditioner...they are both cg....i haven't tried their shampoos coz i dont shampoo lol....but iv tried almost everything else...and i love them
Song of Solomon 7:5 (NIRV)
o btw i dont think they have a leave in
Song of Solomon 7:5 (NIRV)
I've disliked every one of their hair products.

The coconut or olive oil pre-shampoo thing was like putting axle grease on my hair that a clarifying shampoo, used 2 - 3 times finally removed.

I can't remember the shampoo names, but they made my hair feel stripped raw.

And the conditioners (also don't remember the names) weren't moisturizing at all.

In case it was just my hair not liking them, it's on the fine texture & medium thickness side. It's also 3a.
I've used the grapefruit and sugar beet shampoo and conditioner and the grapefruit and shea deep treatment. The only one my hair halfway likes is the deep treatment, and then only when I don't care what it looks like later. It makes my hair too soft but not especially well conditioned. It does smell good, though.

Gave the shampoo and conditioner to my straight-haired mother since I found them too drying. IDK how she likes them yet.
2C/3A/3B - modified CG - med./fine, normal/low porosity/normal elasticity

Current Main Rotation: MG217 medicated or Aim2Health 'poos for scalp, YTCarrots or Elucence cond., Spiral Solutions Protein & Deeply Decadent Cond., CJCCCC reg or lite, KCCC, Giovanni LA Hold Hair Spritz + lots more, sporadically

HG Method: Super Soaker + Smasters-ing, brief upside down diffusing w/360o diffuser then clips/clamps & air dry. Newly gray - stopped my henna glosses!

www.fotki.com/auntnett
Yeah, for the price I don't think the products are worth it. The only one I could somewhat use was the grapefruit/shea deep treatment but there are much better products out there.
3a, medium texture, low porosity(?)
Poo: KC Come Clean
Rinse-out Condish: Jessicurl Too Shea
Leave-in: KCKT
Styling Products: KCCC, HETT/HESMU, Joiwhip
Weekly Treatment: Jessicurl Weekly Deep Conditioner
Monthly Treatment: Henna

Hair Pics (most I've hidden from public view but if you want to see more, PM me and I'll open up the security on them): http://flickr.com/photos/eponaaran/s...7610671796089/
I really like the pre-shampoo deep treatment. It's very thick and concentrated, so I cut it with some olive oil to make it easier to apply. I personally don't use shampoo (CG), but I use the rosemary shampoo bar on my dogs and it works great!
3b, CG method, and henna to cover the greys.
growing out. . . again!
Fotki album password: natcurly
I've got the raspberry and brazil nut conditioner but I don't like it much. It's called "more moisture" but I'd beg to differ. Someone posted about it a little while ago and said it's got a fair bit of protein in it which is probably why my hair doesn't like it much. I'm managing to use it up by only using it once a week or so but I wouldn't bother with it again, esp for the price.
3b in South Australia.
So protein isnt good for curly hair? I thought our hair is make from proteins so its good to put some on there.
Protein is good for hair; it strengthens, repairs damage, and helps with curl retention. Some curlies need less protein than others, and different proteins react different ways for people. It's an individual thing.
Yes, You Do Need Protein
Hair loves: aloe vera juice, cocoa butter, camellia oil

"Never forget, justice is what love looks like in public." ~ Cornel West
I like the grapefruit and shea DT, but it is one of the few Burt's Bees products I can use. I just put my tube of the pre-poo treatment up on the swap board.I had a terrible allergic reaction to it.
Hair loves: aloe vera juice, cocoa butter, camellia oil

"Never forget, justice is what love looks like in public." ~ Cornel West
you know i totally should have added that even though i do <3 burt's bees i also think there are much better products out there....i love them but i REALLY LOVE recoil and kbb......kbb especially....have you tried those products? what exactly are you looking for?
Song of Solomon 7:5 (NIRV)
Im new to this whole CG thing so I am just looking for all natural products that are CG. I figure the less chemicals and junk in it, the better it will be for my hair and for my body. I recently found a few conditioners at my local TJ Maxx that seem to be high end, all natural, and CG! I cant wait to try them out.

CG since 11/10/08
Still experimenting with products

oo ok thats cool! well ill tell you from experience....kbb stuff is great....the shampoos and conditioners and stylers....like i have never had my hair more curly and silky in my life since using kbb stuff! i know ordering offline can suck....at least for me lol but man...it has been sooo worth it!! kbb stuff is all natural and cg, not one thing bad for ya
Thanks!
Originally Posted by Peeech
I liked their Grapefruit and Sugar Beet Shampoo, there aren't a lot of Low poos out there other than Giovanni 50/50 that I can buy at the drug store. I think it's reasonably priced you don't need a lot of it to get a nice lather
Discovered CG 2007