-   -   What are your favorite GLYCERIN-FREE products? (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/readers-product-reviews/62225-what-your-favorite-glycerin-free-products.html)

AprilnUtah 11-20-2008 09:54 PM

What are your favorite GLYCERIN-FREE products?

I'm trying to eliminate the humectants to try and tame a new wave of halo frizz - so what are your favorite glycerin free products? Conditioners, stylers.......

amy51373 11-21-2008 04:56 AM

Yes to Cucumbers leave in has been a great glycerin free product for me. I just got it a week ago and so far I'm loving it.

msgiblet 11-21-2008 05:18 AM

I just started testing glycerin-free products and, so far, I'm having good luck with Innersense Color Radiance Poo & Condish, KCKT and KCCC. The Innersense Conditioner has glycerin, but it's at the very end of the ingredient list and isn't causing me a problem.

rudeechick 11-21-2008 12:38 PM

Dumping the glycerine (my summer HG) saved my winter hair. The glyc was making my hair frazzled dry and definitionless.

I have used the following with various degree of success:
B&A (for light hold)
Boots (med hold)
BRHG (for heavy hold)
HEBE mousse (soft def)
HESMU (perfect balance for me of hold and softness)

I also cut out my CO washes and switched to Bars, as it seems my hair wants LESS moisture in the drier weather.

Good luck!

Lunacurl 11-21-2008 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by AprilnUtah (Post 797791)

I'm in Colorado and have just figured out that glycerin is a bad idea in our dry climates. I've been having great success with KCKT and KCCC. I have BRHG and have heard good things about it for dry climate curlies.

I've really wanted to try KBB hair nectar and hair milk, but I haven't due to the glycerin content. How are these two particular products working for you in Utah?

ReddishRocks 11-21-2008 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by Lunacurl (Post 798737)

I'm in Colorado too - I had to cut out the KBB nectar and milk. :( Too much glycerin.

I second the KCCC and BRHG. :D This Lustrasilk Olive Oil Cholesterol stuff too... underrated, in my opinion. I love the stuff.

Zinnia 11-22-2008 11:52 PM

• 8 oz.
  • Purified Water, Jojoba Oil, Avocado Oil, Vegetable Wax, Panthenol, Extracts of Arnica Flowers, Calendula Flowers, Echinacea, Nettle, & Horsetail Extracts, Vegetable Glycerin, Wheat Germ Oil, Essential and/or Fragrance Oils, Natural Enzymes & Vitamin E
There is also a new product, Super Silky that is glycerin free.
  • A perfect styling product for feathery fine straight to medium wavy tresses. Usage: Start with less than a dime size amount. A little goes a long way.
  • 8 oz.
  • Purified Water, Aloe Vera Juice, Vegetable Wax, Coconut Oil, Arnica Extract, Jojoba Oil, Panthenol, Organic Rosemary Hydrosol & Vitamin E

Lunacurl 11-23-2008 09:54 AM

Yes there is:

Purified Water, Jojoba Oil, Avocado Oil, Vegetable Wax, Panthenol, Extracts of Arnica Flowers, Calendula Flowers, Echinacea, Nettle, & Horsetail Extracts, VEGETABLE GLYCERIN, Wheat Germ Oil, Essential and/or Fragrance Oils, Natural Enzymes & Vitamin

redcelticcurls 11-23-2008 10:31 AM

DEL2C 11-23-2008 11:55 AM

RCC how long have you been using KCKT/KCCC combo?? It's amazing to me that this is all you use no other combos? No need to rotate??

Zinnia 11-23-2008 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by Lunacurl (Post 799973)

Yes there is:

Oops...misread...it was late. Well, she has a new one without glycerin.

Lunacurl 11-23-2008 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by redcelticcurls (Post 800013)

AOHR and AWOC are glycerin free also.

Yes, HUGE thumbs up for AOHR. Love that stuff. I'm not familiar with AWOC. Did you mean AOWC? I haven't tried that either.

AprilnUtah 11-23-2008 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by Lunacurl (Post 798737)

Originally Posted by AprilnUtah (Post 797791)

I've continued using the KBB because I haven't found anything to replace it with that I like yet. I really need a great conditioner! I love the KCKT/KCCC and BRHG, they are my everyday staples.

RR - I'm gonna have to try that Lustrasilk!

redcelticcurls 11-23-2008 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by Lunacurl (Post 800457)

Originally Posted by redcelticcurls (Post 800013)

AOHR and AWOC are glycerin free also.

Sorry for the typo. It's AOWC - AO White Camellia.

rymorg2 11-24-2008 05:38 AM

• 8 oz.

There is glycerin in the milk, it's listed after the nettle and horsetail extracts. I haven't yet tried the super silky but want to

shoulda kept reading sorry LOL.....

redcelticcurls 11-24-2008 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by DEL2C (Post 800072)

OK, Del, I finally found this, lol.

I started using the combo in July of 2007 and it's been working for me pretty concistently since then.

I do prefer a heavier conditioner too, which is why I also have the others in my siggy. I started with the AOHR at about the same time as I started the Kinky Curly combo IIRC.

ETA: If it's summer with a high dew point, I have settled on putting some BRHG on top of the KCCC for humidity control.

sweetseven 11-27-2008 12:02 PM

I have to agree, the KCKT/KCCC combo worked really well for me last winter, I used it almost daily.

This week I've been using Aubrey Organics Mandarin Magic jelly and I'm so pleased with the results, it's lighter than KCCC, moisturizing and keeps the frizz down on my hair. Three tries this week, three good hair days! So far, so good...

AOHR is working again for me, over summer it was too heavy, now it's perfect. :)

joya 11-28-2008 06:28 AM

Terax Crema, Kiehl's Leave-In, BSRG, Kinky Curly Come Clean, KKKT, and KKCC. Mop-C Curl Defining Cream