Old 11-21-2008, 06:40 AM   #1

xcptnl's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2005
Default Donna Marie Honey/aloe curling jelly

On another thread Sairis noted that Donna Marie is going to have a new product. Here are the ingredients:

Ingredients: Deionized water, Flax Seed gel extract, slippery elm root extract, irish moss, coltsfoot extract, aloe, Provitamin B-5, honey, burdock root, hibiscus flower extract, carbomer, sorbitol, horsetail extract, pink grapefruit essential oil, potassium sorbate, silver citrate, and natural fragrance.

I want this N.O.W.

xcptnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 07:18 AM   #2

FrizzBgone's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2007

MMMM ... I like the sounds of that .. I want one too!!

I still haven't had any luck with the DM products. They are on my 'to do' list this weekend. Kathymack suggested trying the CCB as a leave-in. I'll give that a try ... it's down to its last chance
FrizzBgone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 07:22 AM   #3

xcptnl's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2005

I am not a fan of the lock & twist on wet hair but I can use it to scrunch out crunch on dry hair - go figure - I never have found a product to do that. I do have good luck with the CCB on wet hair. I don't use a lot but I get good results. I don't use a leave in when I use it though.

xcptnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 09:11 AM   #4

kathymack's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008

I just put in another big Donna Marie order. The sample packs are back in stock. I thought they'd make a great holiday gift for some of the curlies on my list--along with a bar of soap, LOL!! I asked for a sample of this--if it's around before the launch. I was lucky with the Cocoa Hemp Buttercream, we'll see about the new curl gel? It's supposed to be for wavy and looser curls. I may start sampling her products again, now that some of the fuss has died down.

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me
kathymack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 02:41 PM   #5

amy51373's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2008

I'm trying to hold out until after I get back from Michigan for the Thanksgiving weekend to order my DM stuff. I loved the L&T and the Cocoa Hemp Buttercream. I couldn't use the CCB because of the wheat protein but I'm looking forward to trying the Aloe Curling Jelly!!! It sounds awesome!!
mostly 3a/i/F
Modified CG since Feb 2008
Rotating a lot!
Blog: http://amy51373.blogspot.com/
amy51373 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 08:03 PM   #6

Join Date: Aug 2008

I want this sooo bad... Dec 15th is right around the corner.

Last edited by Essence; 11-21-2008 at 08:05 PM. Reason: edit
Essence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 08:56 PM   #7

Suburbanbushbabe's Avatar

Join Date: May 2006

Okay. I caved and bought the sample kit.
My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/

Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
Suburbanbushbabe is offline   Reply With Quote

curlygirlyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 01:37 PM   #9

Curly Girl Fla's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2003

Just an FYI-I don't know if it would have completed the order since it still says coming Dec 15th, but I went to the site to check things out, and the gel had a selectable "add to cart" button...so I added to cart, pretended to check out, and it assigned shipping charges without giving a message that it is not yet available. Other items say out of stock, etc...Now, it may have been this way from the beginning so this may be nothing new to you, but, just in case, I thought some of you who are interested may want to see what happens...
Curly Girl Fla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 11:43 AM   #10

discobug's Avatar

Join Date: May 2002
Send a message via AIM to discobug Send a message via Yahoo to discobug

Originally Posted by xcptnl View Post

I want this N.O.W.

Yeah, I second that!!!!!!!!!!
I absolutely LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE her products (well the one I tried).
Kinky curly and Donna Marie are my absolute faves of all time in the history of hair care lines/products etc.
She is the BOMB!
Hair Type-3b Location: Florida
John 3:16
Poo: Jessicurl HCC, As I Am
Conditioners: Aubrey Organics, KCKT, CJ HBDT, Darcy's Botanicals
Leave In/Styling: KCCC, Darcy's Botanicals, SS
Favorites (HG): KCCC; spiral solutions jelly; darcy's botanicals, FSG
No-No's: castor oil, beeswax, glycerine, silicones
LOVE: aloe vera, agave nectar, shea butter, flax seed gel; good DT's once a week
password: curly