Old 11-22-2008, 09:45 PM   #1

sweetmx85's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2008
Default Pure unrefined virgin coconut oil?? how do you use it?

I just purchased some because I had read somewhere that it was good to put in your hair, however, I dont know if im supposed to put it in preshampoo?? Or as a leave in type thing? So instead I started using it as a skin moisturizer and I broke out horribly lol so how do you use it in your hair? Thank you for any suggestions. I appreciate it. I have 3a/4a hair. Mainly 3b-c though.
sweetmx85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 09:26 AM   #2

rudeechick's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2008

I scoop out a teaspoon, put it in a microsafe bowl and melt it, then mix it in with my DT. Make sure its all liquidy or you get some creepy pieces in your hair.

Its a great item for me - cant remember who suggested it at the time, but another curly recommended it as an ingredient in her homemade DT. Didnt stick with the original recipe, but retained this ingredient for use mixed with my DT of choice (love it with JCWDT).
Curls,Coils,Waves & WhatKnot
3miii/My HGs tame bulk&frizz/Give definition w/o crunch
My Photobucket Album
rudeechick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 09:33 PM   #3

sweetmx85's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2008

Originally Posted by rudeechick View Post

I hope i dont sound to dumb asking this, but what does DT mean? or JCWDT? Im gonna try the melting thing though tonight thank you for that
sweetmx85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 04:46 AM   #4

JillH410's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2008

Originally Posted by sweetmx85 View Post
Coconut oil is VERY comedogenic so I definitely wouldn't recommend using it anywhere on your skin.
cowash: Tresemme Naturals
rinse out: Garnier Triple Nutrition
Leave in: Suave naturals, whichever scent I'm into at the moment
gel: Garnier Fructis or LA Looks

3a-3b - high porosity
JillH410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 06:19 AM   #5

sexyjacksparrow's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2008

I use mine warmed between my hands and then spread sparingly over the ends of damp hair as a leave in. I also like to use it on dry hair as a pre-wash treatment. I apply it and then let it soak in whilst I have my shower before shampoo and conditioning (I'm not CG).

Kerry xx
UK curly - mostly 2c
  • Going back to basics!
  • Happily using a mixture of sulphates, cones and CG products.
  • Permanently undecided whether to cut or grow!
Currently loving:
Lush I Love Juicy shampoo
Charles Worthington frizz smoothing conditioner

Superdrug coconut & almond intensive conditioner
Montagne Jeunesse avocado & cherry bark mask
Umberto Giannini curl gel
Boots 'pink' curl creme
sexyjacksparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 06:35 AM   #6

EponaBlackhorse's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2008

DT is Deep Treatment and JCWDT is Jessicurl Weekly Deep Treatment.

Originally Posted by sweetmx85 View Post
Originally Posted by rudeechick View Post

3a, medium texture, low porosity(?)
Poo: KC Come Clean
Rinse-out Condish: Jessicurl Too Shea
Leave-in: KCKT
Styling Products: KCCC, HETT/HESMU, Joiwhip
Weekly Treatment: Jessicurl Weekly Deep Conditioner
Monthly Treatment: Henna

Hair Pics (most I've hidden from public view but if you want to see more, PM me and I'll open up the security on them): http://flickr.com/photos/eponaaran/s...7610671796089/
EponaBlackhorse is offline   Reply With Quote