Old 11-27-2008, 12:35 PM   #1

mickalia's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2007
Default Glycering-free alternative to CK?

I'm thinking about modifying my routine to glycerine-free products for the dry winter in upstate NY. (I'd like to see if there is a change in my curls... they seem droopy and a little frizzy lately). I LOVE CK, (use it after leave-in and styler but before gel), but am searching for a glycerine-free alternative that is still just as awesome at fighting frizz. Any suggestions?
mickalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 11:32 PM   #2

Join Date: Sep 2008

I don't know about a CK alternative other than the KY lube people mention, but I wanted to encourage you to go glycerin-free or reduced-glycerine for the drier weather, because I've for sure seen an improvement in my hair.

For that matter, watch out for other humectants too, like panthenol.
3b/c, CG 9/18/08
Last process: 04/05/08 Big Chop: 08/08/09
Currently: Herbal Essences Hello Hydration, Herbal Essences Set Me Up gel (summer only), Boots Curl Creme (winter only)
onethousandcurls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 10:26 AM   #3

afrosheenqueen's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2000

I read reviews of Jane Carter's Condition and Sculpt and thought of you. Especially when Mysteryflavored described this as an alternative to CK.

I'm looking for a glycerin-free, light hold product so I bought this last night and I'll see how it works.
4a/b Texlaxed hair w/ highlights. Medium texture & high porosity.

HG's: CJ Daily Fix, Bobeam Cheris Hibiscus shampoo bar, KC Spiral Spritz, Knot Today, CJ Rehab, KBB LL Hair Mask, Cassia, KCCC, oil blend of Avocado, Camellia, Jojoba, & Meadowfoam oils

SL APL BSL MBL
afrosheenqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 12:35 PM   #4

mickalia's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2007

Originally Posted by afrosheenqueen View Post

Thanks for the suggestion!! If you don't mind, would you post a quick update here on how you like it after you've tried it? My curls are 2c/3a, so I definitely need something that isn't super heavy. Can't wait to hear what you think!
mickalia is offline   Reply With Quote