KBB Hair Butter vs. KC Gloss Pomade?

I've already got the hair butter on order, and I've used a sample effectively thus far. I've also done okay with straight jojoba oil, although I always seem to use too much. I'm about to place an order for the KC Come Clean, and I wondered if I should toss in the Gloss Pomade... What consistency is the pomade? I want a way to apply oil without using too much - I'm hoping to seal in more moisture that way.

Do I need both products??? Would you say they're for different purposes?

KBB Butter ingredients:
Shea Butter, Cocoa Butter, Mango Butter, Jojoba Butter, Aloe Butter, Essential and/or Fragrance Oils, Grapefruit Seed Oil & Vitamin E

KC Gloss Pomade ingredients:
avocado oil, borage oil, black currant oil, jojoba oil, pomegrantate oil, soybean oil, safflower oil, meadowfoam oil and lemon essential oil

My blog for dry climate curlies and growing out a pixie: Colorado Curly
How ironic, I was wondering the same thing!
I use the butter to scrunch out crunch and I'm guessing the pomade is similar.
Hair Type-3b Location: Florida
John 3:16
Poo: Jessicurl HCC, As I Am
Conditioners: Aubrey Organics, KCKT, CJ HBDT, Darcy's Botanicals
Leave In/Styling: KCCC, Darcy's Botanicals, SS
Favorites (HG): KCCC; spiral solutions jelly; darcy's botanicals, FSG
No-No's: castor oil, beeswax, glycerine, silicones
LOVE: aloe vera, agave nectar, shea butter, flax seed gel; good DT's once a week
password: curly
LOL! Great minds and all...

And that's how I use my butter too! Do we need both??? DO WE?

By the way (I think it's okay that I guano my own thread, right???)... my brother's bringing me Pink Boots - how does it compare to KCCC? What do you use it for?

My blog for dry climate curlies and growing out a pixie: Colorado Curly
LOL! Great minds and all...

And that's how I use my butter too! Do we need both??? DO WE?

Originally Posted by ReddishRocks
I use it after my leave-in and before gel. A little goes a long way and I get great curl formation with it. I still have to use a gel over it, but my hair has a tendancy to soak up any moisture in the air and the dew point here in west central Florida is still in the 60s so I add a little B&A gel on top.

I absolutely love my boots and am half way through my first of two jars. Originally, I got them in a swap about 2 months ago. I have given a couple of samples away to family members to try so overall, I think it is lasting really well too.
3b spirals, fine texture, normal porosity, dense
Homemade FSG
KCCC
Curl Junkie Stuff
BRHG

Nothing lasts, nothing is finished, and nothing is perfect.
-wabi-sabi

I've decided not to order the KC Come Clean based on the olefin in it (which, upon further review, is in roughly the same category as Sodium Laurel Sulfate). Since I'm not ordering that, I'm not going to be ordering the pomade right away.

I AM still interested in the consistency of the product... is it hard-ish like the KBB butter, or is it squishy?

My blog for dry climate curlies and growing out a pixie: Colorado Curly
If you're looking for something that's soft and natural, you may be interested in the Ohm Avocado Custard. I originally thought it was too greasy, but now I think it's really nice. I was thinking about the KC Pomade, too, because I like the Ohm so much.

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Marie Dean Leave Ins and Curl Creams
LOLZ, great minds....
I love the boots, I guess I would compare it to KCCC w/o the crunch? Maybe between the lock and twist and KCCC, does that help?

Boots is much cheaper than KCCC which may be a factor for me being able to reorder (sniff sniff) b/c I've used about 1/2 my tub and I ordered it at the beginning of Oct.
I am really hoping donna maries new aloe honey jelly is a close comparison to KCCC b/c it's about 1/2 the cost I think (don't know size price comparison but I know a tub of the jelly is 10 bucks).

Dying to try the pomade tho, I think the whole line is probably just as awesome as the KCCC, or least I'm hoping b/c the KCKT and KCCC are amazing.

Hair Type-3b Location: Florida
Favorites (HG): KCCC; spiral solutions jelly; darcy's botanicals, FSG
No-No's: castor oil, beeswax, glycerine, silicones
password: curly

Originally Posted by ReddishRocks
The KC pomade is more toward the squishy side. You still have to emusify (sp?) it but I use it to scrunch the crunch after using any gel...it helps me get good 2nd day hair too (fights the frizz).
Relaxer free since 12/2001...

Mostly 3c with 4a in the back.