Old 12-04-2008, 12:34 PM   #1

Default Infusium Shampoo

I used this last year before I went CG...but I almost think my hair was better then compared to now. These are the Ingredients, they look really bad but I just wanted to check:

Water, Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate, Ammonium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Chloride, Cocamide MEA, Glycol Distearate, Dimethicone, Ammonium Xylenesulfonate, Citric Acid, Cetyl Alcohol, Fragrance, Polyquaternium 10, Sodium Citrate, Sodium Benzoate, Panthenol, Disodium EDTA, PEG 7M, Panthenyl Ethyl Ether, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Glycerin, Amodimethicone, Betaine, Polyquaternium 11, PEG 8, Sodium PCA, Sorbitol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Trideceth 12, Serine, Glycine, PEG 8/SMDI Copolymer, Hydroxyethyl Cellulose, Glutamic Acid, Palmitoyl Myristyl Serinate, Alanine, Oleic Acid, Behenic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Lysine, Arginine, Linoleic Acid, Threonine, Stearic Acid, Proline, Arachidic Acid, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone

What does everyone else say/think?
Modified CG
Low Poo: TJ's TTT, ACV/beer Rinses once a month or so, Soap Bars once in a while, Carols Daughter Khoret Amen shampoo
Style
HE gels, occasional hairspray, Garnier Fructis Curl shaping gel spray, FSG when I actually make it
Honey/AVG only in the summer

HG I fell into the craze and my hair is happy with Deva! No Poo, Angel, and one condish = awesome hair day.

Old 12-04-2008, 12:46 PM   #2

MimsTX's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2008
Send a message via Yahoo to MimsTX

Well... If it works for you, then *shrug* who am I to say it doesn't, you know?

But there is a LOT of stuff in there that isn't doing anything positive for your hair:

Water, Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate, Ammonium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Chloride, Cocamide MEA, Glycol Distearate, Dimethicone, Ammonium Xylenesulfonate, Citric Acid, Cetyl Alcohol, Fragrance, Polyquaternium 10, Sodium Citrate, Sodium Benzoate, Panthenol, Disodium EDTA, PEG 7M, Panthenyl Ethyl Ether, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Glycerin, Amodimethicone, Betaine (well, ish... it's still a detergent), Polyquaternium 11, PEG 8, Sodium PCA, Sorbitol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Trideceth 12, Serine, Glycine, PEG 8/SMDI Copolymer, Hydroxyethyl Cellulose, Glutamic Acid, Palmitoyl Myristyl Serinate, Alanine, Oleic Acid, Behenic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Lysine, Arginine, Linoleic Acid, Threonine, Stearic Acid, Proline, Arachidic Acid, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone

While it might make your hair look better short-term (hey, there's a reason why 'cones are so popular, after all), it could really dehydrate it, long-term, if you're not careful of it.
CG/Mod CG (soap bars) since 8/12/08
CO wash/Cond: Kathymack & Flowermoon Castille soap bars, V05 Chamomile Tea, Suave Ocean Breeze, Biolage Conditioning Balm
Styling loves: DIFFUSING! CK, KCNT, KCCC, FOTE (on dry hair only), Re:coil, Proclaim gel
Not sure about: Boots, Tweek, KBB Milk, DMHJ
HATE: plopping, FOTE on wet hair, BRHG
MimsTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 12:53 PM   #3

Join Date: Dec 2008

Thanks for the reply MimsTX! Hmm thats what I thought, I decided to throw the stuff away so I'm not tempted to use it. I think there is other stuff out there that has less harsh ingredients that will do a good job, I just gotta find it. I still do use the leave in conditioner from this line though. Although now i'm too afraid to look at the ingredients.

Old 12-04-2008, 12:57 PM   #4

MimsTX's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2008
Send a message via Yahoo to MimsTX

hmm... well, there are a couple of ways to approach this

A lot of people on here are following the CG method, which involves nixing all of those sulfates (drying and damaging) and nixing all of the silicones as well (as most if not all need sulfates in order to get them out of your hair).

Some around here have found that their hair just does better with some kind of detergent though, and use 'low poos' that don't have those harsh sodium/ammonium Lauryl Sulfates but still have some more cleaning properties than your typical conditioner (yes, conditioners clean too I haven't used a shampoo in months, and I'm definitely not dirty or greasy). That betaine is usually a coco-betaine, and it's pretty gentle on hair.

You can find all kinds of info on this method, and the variations of it, in the "Going Shampoo-less' forum
CG/Mod CG (soap bars) since 8/12/08
Not sure about: Boots, Tweek, KBB Milk, DMHJ
HATE: plopping, FOTE on wet hair, BRHG
MimsTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 04:28 PM   #5

Join Date: Dec 2008

Thanks for the info! I've tried to just co-wash, but it seemed to weigh down my hair. I think a low poo is the way to go for me. I'll have to search a few threads and find more info on it.