Old 12-08-2008, 01:12 PM   #1

Question Propoline

Has any one ever used Propoline? I have the shampoo from a while ago and found it very moisturizing. This is what the ingredients are listed as online:

Propoline Shampoo for Dry, Colored Hair (Moisturizing)
The active ingredients of avocado and sunflower protect the hair from sun radiation and split ends, while olive and aloe nourish, moisturize and soften the hair and protect the scalp from irritation. The combination of panthenol, vitamin E and wheat proteins nourishes and restores the hair scalp.

Active Ingredients: Olive, Aloe, Sunflower, Avocado, Panthenol, Vitamin E, wheat proteins, rosemary water

Does that sound CG friendly? I'm not sure if Panthenol is an ok ingredient or not. I think there were more suspicious ingredients on the bottle as well, but I'll have to wait and look at it again.
Modified CG
Low Poo: TJ's TTT, ACV/beer Rinses once a month or so, Soap Bars once in a while, Carols Daughter Khoret Amen shampoo
Style
HE gels, occasional hairspray, Garnier Fructis Curl shaping gel spray, FSG when I actually make it
Honey/AVG only in the summer

HG I fell into the craze and my hair is happy with Deva! No Poo, Angel, and one condish = awesome hair day.

Old 12-08-2008, 01:19 PM   #2

MimsTX's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2008
Send a message via Yahoo to MimsTX

Generally speaking, anything labeled 'shampoo' isn't going to be CG friendly. That's just a generalization, though.

Panthenol is fine as far as I know, but the ingredients you have listed are just their 'key ingredients', so it's not an all encompassing list. In order to be sure, you'd have to take a look at the full list.

aha, found it
Aqua (Water, Rosmarinus Officinalis - Rosemary Leaf - Aqueous Infusion), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Decyl Glucoside PEG-4 Rapeseedamide, Coco Glucoside, Glyceryl Oleate, Glycerin, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein Hydroxypropyl Polysiloxane, Panthenol, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Saponaria Officinalis Extract, Olive Fruit Extract, Avocado Fruit Extract, Sunflower Seed Extract, Aloe Vera, Glycol Distearate, Phytantriol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Butylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol, Glyceryl Stearate, Hydrolyzed Wheat Starch, Polyquaternium-10, Ethoxydiglycol, Acrylates C12-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Triethanolamine, Fragrance, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Disodium EDTA, Benzoic Acid, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Linalool.

The SLS at the beginning would make it a fairly harsh shampoo. The polysiloxane is a cone as well. On top of that, there's a LOT of protein in there, which is fine unless you're sensitive
CG/Mod CG (soap bars) since 8/12/08
CO wash/Cond: Kathymack & Flowermoon Castille soap bars, V05 Chamomile Tea, Suave Ocean Breeze, Biolage Conditioning Balm
Styling loves: DIFFUSING! CK, KCNT, KCCC, FOTE (on dry hair only), Re:coil, Proclaim gel
Not sure about: Boots, Tweek, KBB Milk, DMHJ
HATE: plopping, FOTE on wet hair, BRHG
MimsTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 01:31 PM   #3

Join Date: Dec 2008

Thanks again for helping me out MimsTx! Oh yeah there are a lot of ingredients in there, I forgot about the SLS. Well, I used it the other day as a "Clarifying" shampoo and I needed the protein as well so it worked great for me. I suppose it isn't something I should use very often though.

Old 12-08-2008, 01:36 PM   #4

MimsTX's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2008
Send a message via Yahoo to MimsTX

Yeah, it seems like it might be a bit harsh to use all of the time. Then again though, there ARE a lot of moisturizing ingredients that could balance it out.

Would make for a good clarifier though, I think. Especially if you're like me and your hair loves protein
CG/Mod CG (soap bars) since 8/12/08
Not sure about: Boots, Tweek, KBB Milk, DMHJ
HATE: plopping, FOTE on wet hair, BRHG
MimsTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 01:45 PM   #5

Join Date: Dec 2008

Definitely! My hair loved the protein and it seemed to moisturize more than anything. I ended up getting 3 day hair so that was great! I think I'll keep it around for those clarifying days.