Which hairdryer? (UK)

OK, I've basically only airdried my hair for the past ten or fifteen years. The hairdryer I had in my teens was very basic and had no diffuser so I have NO experience of using one!

I'm now considering getting a dryer and just wondered what I should go for. The three I have been contemplating on are these:

Nutriheat Curl Creator 44
This is the one that has the nutrient capsules you can add to it. Lexygirl says she's had good results with this. It does look good.

Lee Stafford Double Dryer 20
This one has a sock diffuser rather than the normal kind (so I'm not sure how pixiecurling or similar would work with it). Ellageorgina recommended this on on another thread.

Carmen Curl Perfect Dryer 20
This one has a 'vortex' diffuser. This one has pretty rubbish reviews on Amazon but most of them seem to be from straight haired folk thinking it will give them curls.

Does anyone have any experience of any of these dryers? Or any recommendations for any others? I'm in the UK so need to be able to get it there. If it's one that I can get in Boots that would be ideal as I have 47 worth of Advantage Points at the moment that I can spend - which would be preferable to spending actual money

Thanks!

Boots 'pink' curl creme
I've got a Babyliss Pro with a decent size diffuser - and I am very happy with it. But being a PJ I do always have a browse to see if I fancy anything new.

I've looked at the one with the sock diffuser and discounted it as I wouldn't be able to pixicurl - and if I wanted heat with 'no blow' I'd use my infra red dryer.

I have been tempted by the Carmen Curls but have so far resisted - I tend to think the fingers on my diffuser stop my curls from moving when being pixi'd, and the Carmen one would let the move.

I can't comment on the Nutriheat, I've seen them but don't know a curly who owns one.

Yay for Boots Advantage Card points - they gave me 30 worth for my old mobile.
Marchioness Chinoise in the land of Mancunia Productia Junkia in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

DT: AOHR
Wash: Anita Grant babassu bar
Leave-in: Body Shop cotton seed curl boost with manuka honey mixed in
Gel: Umberto Giannini Curl Friends scrunching gel
Odds & ends Lime juice, honey, Anita Grant cafe latte
I brush with a Tangle Teezer & love Flexi-8's

www.public.fotki.com/janeyliz
www.thelilyfoundation.org.uk
Thansk for your thoughts, Janeyliz. Having never diffused before, what you said about the diffuser shape or lack or fingers is helpful!

I love Boots advantage points too - they build up so quickly even though I don't even shop at Boots super-regaularly. Unlike my Nectar points which seem to take an eternity to build up even though I'm in Sainsburys most days!

Boots 'pink' curl creme
Bah - have just discovered the Nutriheat one has a real leather handle. So that's out (I'm vegetarian and don't buy anything with leather especially if it's unnecessary - what the heck does a dryer need a leather handle for?!)

So back to the drawing board with suggestions!!

Boots 'pink' curl creme
I got this Remington one in the end!

Boots 'pink' curl creme
Was it on offer? Let us know how you get on with diffusing. It's too bloomin' cold to go out with wet hair at the moment!

DT: AOHR
Wash: Anita Grant babassu bar
Leave-in: Body Shop cotton seed curl boost with manuka honey mixed in
Gel: Umberto Giannini Curl Friends scrunching gel
Odds & ends Lime juice, honey, Anita Grant cafe latte
I brush with a Tangle Teezer & love Flexi-8's

www.public.fotki.com/janeyliz
www.thelilyfoundation.org.uk
Yes, it was down from 35 to 22 or something (all paid for with Advantage points!).

Not had a try of it yet. Will probably try at the weekend when I have a bit more time. You're right though - it is too cold for going out with wet hair. Especially as I have to leave the house at 7am to get to work!