which one?? TT, BE, SMU?

So, I've got HETT,HEBE, and HESMU.
I need your expert advice as I think I need some gel to keep my hair together.I noticed that the SMU has a peg cone, anyone have a problem with that?
Here's the scoop on my hair- Layered to the shoulder 2b/3a,curly in front and under except for the back- mostly wavy on crown and canopy. If it is rainy then I get great corkscrews. It can weighed down very easily.

Wash: BWC, deva low poo
Condition:AOHR,suave green apple,kbb nectar
Style:GDLI,kbb nectar
Thanks in advance!
Your hair sounds similar to mine - wavy and curly and gets awesomely curly when humid and rainy (though mine also gets HUGE) - and while I didn't hate HETT, I didn't have the greatest luck with it, either. I used it up, though. I tried HESMU for the first time today and it seems to be working MUCH better. I think my experience with HETT vs. HESMU seems to be pretty much agreed upon, from what I can tell here - most people do not like HETT much. Having never tried HEBE gel, I can't say for sure on that one, but I'd recommend HESMU based on today's hair. I don't have issues with the PEG cones at all, but some do. Hope that helped!

fia 2C/3A-F-iii, sensitive to some proteins
CGish since 10-16-08
Low-poo: Yes to Carrots Daily Pampering Shampoo (1-2x/week)
Rinse outs: Yes to Carrots Pampering Mud Conditioner
Styling: a little bit of leave in and a little bit of KCCC, diffusing
Olive oil DTs, honey rinses in the summer
I assume we are talking about the gels right?

I LOVE the SMU, and for the record, mine contains NO cones, PEG mod or otherwise. I just double checked to be sure.

I am playing with the HEBE, but already totally love the SMU - it is my winter HG. As for the TT gel, I didnt love the reviews I read, so so far I have stayed away.

Incidentally, your description of your hair sounds like mine, but mine is longer and WAY THICK.
My Photobucket Album
I've tried all 3. HETT didn't really do much for my hair. My curls need strong hold and the TT just didn't cut it.
SMU gives me tighter curls, BE looser but more clumps. I also think SMU dries crunchier but is easily scrunched out. I haven't used the SMU in a while because for some reason the last few times I used it I found it drying. I tend to prefer the BE right now.
3b/c fine, thick, porous, protein sensitive
Modified CG, CJ Rehab, JCWDT, KCKT, VO5 Chamomile Tea Therapy, CJDF, HEBE Gel/Mousse, Bioinfusion Rosemary Mint shampoo, occasional protein

Experimenting with BRHG

"If you want the rainbow, you've gotta put up with the rain"
Yes, the gels.I looked at the ingredient list and there is definitly peg-dimethicone in it.Mind you, I'm in Toronto and i'm finding the ingredients different here than in the US eg LOOB.Here it has denat. alcoh in it.Also, now LVNGP all have amodithicone in them!
I've tried all three as well I could not use TT or SMU by themselves TT did not give enough hold and SMU by it's was drying my hair out.

BE was ok, but again not enough hold.

I need medium hold so now a mix a good half dollar size of TT with about a nickle sized amount of SMU. It works great.
Originally Posted by sveetiepie
Wow, I triple checked both - no cones or alcohols! If you want me to buy you some US SMU and ship it I'll be glad to.
My Photobucket Album
there was something in the TT that my hair didn't like...made it kind of frizzy and dry.

i'm using the BE now and am liking it pretty well. the only other gel i have to compare it to is TT...but I'm happy with the BE. happiest when I mix it 1/2 and 1/2 with AVG.
wurly, fine to medium, currently growing for waist-length
embracing the waves since 10/20/08
my hair loves protein and hates jojoba oil, my scalp hates propylene glycol, my face hates silicones.
hey Rudeechick! that is really sweet of you! It's just the TT that has the cone in it.I'm going to try the SMU again 'cause I think that's the one for me- but i'll let you know about the LOOB if I want to try that again.
Wonder why they have different ingredients for different countries?...

shoulder length long layered 2b/3a lots of it
wash: Live Clean shampoo Abba pure curl Mop c hydrating
cond: suave coconut Goldwell curly twist
Protein: Redken Extreme Cat
style: Ag:recoil Deva Mist-er right
Wonder why they have different ingredients for different countries?...
Originally Posted by sveetiepie
Oh, I musta misread - thawt u said the SMU had a Peg Mod cone... I'm loopy! Lemme know if you need any contraband!
My Photobucket Album
What on earth can be the advantage of offering Canada a different formula for the same product than the US version?
3b/c, CG 9/18/08
Last process: 04/05/08 Big Chop: 08/08/09
Currently: Herbal Essences Hello Hydration, Herbal Essences Set Me Up gel (summer only), Boots Curl Creme (winter only)
Originally Posted by onethousandcurls
Their FDA might have diff regs.
My Photobucket Album
Ok, I'm a dum dum. LVPNG for curly mid length hair does not have the acone, but the rest of the other products in this line do.Well, a lot do so read carefully.
But it is true about the difference in food and product ingredients.I lived in the US for 5 years a little while back and would often compare same brand name stuffs (food or body stuff) and there were differences-esp corn syrup, and certain oils) in foods that we did'nt have in canada but were in the us products.
Anyway there you go.

shoulder length long layered 2b/3a lots of it
wash: Live Clean shampoo Abba pure curl Mop c hydrating
cond: suave coconut Goldwell curly twist
Protein: Redken Extreme Cat
style: Ag:recoil Deva Mist-er right
So, I've got HETT,HEBE, and HESMU...
Originally Posted by sveetiepie
Recently, I bought both HEBE and HESMU (the spray gel) and tried both. I got the best results with HESMU: my curls were bouncier. HEBE weighed them down a bit more. In both cases, I used them over both a leave-in (for moisture) and a curl cream (for curl).

I have to experiment more with both to see, but for now I'm sticking with HESMU. Maybe HEBE would be better in the summer because it's heavier?

I bought both from drugstore.com -- they were on sale -- and very inexpensive.
hair type: 2B/3A
low poo: Elucence moisture; Elucence clarifying (after swimming)
condish: CJ smoothing; CJ argan; CJ repair me; CJ curl rehab; CJ strengthening (summer only)
winter/spring styling: CJ Beauticurls leave-in + Curly Kinks coil jam + Ouidad mongongo oil; or CJ leave-in + SpiralSolutions CEJ & FHG
summer/fall styling: CJ CCCC lite + CJ Curl Queen
http://members.fotki.com/melaniesusan/ pw = 3ahair
As a general rule, I get better hold and control with HESMU, but when I'm just looking for a little something, like over top of my KCCC, I scrunch in a bit of HETT, and it does the trick to cut down frizz, and let the KCCC form my curls.